1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to successfully do an ESN swap to the 700P with Sprint on a grandfather vision plan(I currently have a 2000min plan with unlimited vision and unlimited txt msgs for $85/mo. Don't want to lose this to get Power Vision if I can help it. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins
    Has anyone been able to successfully do an ESN swap to the 700P with Sprint on a grandfather vision plan(I currently have a 2000min plan with unlimited vision and unlimited txt msgs for $85/mo. Don't want to lose this to get Power Vision if I can help it. Thanks.
    Yup, I did, same plan, in fact I've done it several times recently with no repercussions. I would recommend calling the business CS line directly (877-812-1223) and ask for a simple ESN swap, no more. That's it, worked fine for me and power vision provisioned in like 5 minutes, and I still have the old vision pictures pack for free, which comes with that $5 download credit.
    I also did an ESN swap and they automatically converted my vision to Power Vision with no other changes/charges to my account.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I'm still waiting for my ESN swap to go through. It's taking forver. 3 hours and counting.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffster1
    I also did an ESN swap and they automatically converted my vision to Power Vision with no other changes/charges to my account.
    With the $85/2000 minute plan it's different though, since vision is free, not $10 or $15 to begin with. So if they change you to a PV plan, you'll be paying more. They left the hole open, though, for people with this plan and gf'ed vision to use PV, you just have to call up CS and ask for an ESN swap and tell them not to change your plan at all.
    I just activated my 700p without a hitch. I was nervous about calling them and having to fight about my plan. I asked if my data plan is the same and she said "only if you want to change it". I didn't even say the words 'vision or power vision'. After the ESN swap I hung up the phone and about 10 seconds later I had a text message come through the 700p. So far it's a dream come true.
    When I get my next bill, then I may have a fight on my hands. We'll see but hopefully not.
    I have just completed the ESN swap as well. PV works great...only problem i'm waiting on is actual phone use.

Did you guys have to enter in your MSL for anything. She gave it to me, but didn't have me enter anything into the phone...
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I'm going to have to call Sprint again. It's been 4 hours and I still can't make phone calls.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    I don't mean to sound like a moron here, but what exactly is the benefit to doing an ESN swap? Is it just saving $36, or is there something beyond that -- perhaps an increased likelihood of grandfathering in your old plan? I expect my 700p either tonight or tomorrow and want to figure out why I'm asking for an ESN swap (seeing as I'm following the herd here).
    Semantics. ESN swap just means you want to activate your new phone to replace your old one. And you don't want them to touch your existing plan.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Gotcha. I guess the question I'd have then, would be: if you do an ESN swap and don't explicitly order Power Vision, is it then the case that you end up having it anyway, but along the lines of the $15 fewer-channeled Power Vision, as opposed to the $20 or the $25? I'm guessing you end up with the fewer channels by default.
    You get Powervision automatically if your existing account has vision.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    You get Powervision automatically if your existing account has vision.
    Is that 100% true? I did the 700p ESN swap today and forgot to ask about the Power Vision option. Then I spoke with some dumb Sprint chick and told me all sort of crap including that my phone my use EVDO where it is available but I would get charge extra for that. How true is that?

Al
    We have other EVDO phones and activated w/o changing plans (more than a few months and still paying the same). The phones detect the EVDO network and use it when available. If you want the other extras: Sprint TV, etc., then I don't know.