1.    #1  
    I keep reading about people getting some type of a deal, but they're all out of contract. What about us poor schlups who are only a year into a 2-year contract. Are we grabbing ankles or what? :-)
    I'm in the same situation as you are. If you've actually hit the one year mark, Sprint has a "new for you" deal. Normally you'd get $150 off with the new 2-year contract, but for those of us that are one year in, they would give us $75 off. Check customer care for details.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    I keep reading about people getting some type of a deal, but they're all out of contract. What about us poor schlups who are only a year into a 2-year contract. Are we grabbing ankles or what? :-)
    I am IN contract and got the 700 from sprint for $399. No activation or shipping charge. I had to renew with a 2 year contract. I did not have to upgrade my service. They actually gave me a discount on my service and gave me full powervision for what I paid for regular vision service before.

Be polite. Be sympathetic to how many calls they must be getting. Make sure you mention that Verizon is selling the phone for $399. This all seemed to work for me. Good Luck!!
    ^ yes this does work. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I just called Sprint to activate my new 700P. It didn't go too well. I'm under contract until 10/07. I have free Vision with unlimited text and PCS to PCS. 2000 minutes for $85, $5 nights at 7pm, $5 Voice Command (forgot I even had this, never use it), and $6 insurance.

Girl from Sprint said it would be $15 for new Vision and $15 for text messages. I asked what it would cost to get out of the contract, and she said $150. I was hoping she'd put me through to retentions, but she just said that I might be better off paying the $150 and starting over with a new contract instead of paying the extra $30 per month.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by agn727
    I just called Sprint to activate my new 700P. It didn't go too well. I'm under contract until 10/07. I have free Vision with unlimited text and PCS to PCS. 2000 minutes for $85, $5 nights at 7pm, $5 Voice Command (forgot I even had this, never use it), and $6 insurance.

Girl from Sprint said it would be $15 for new Vision and $15 for text messages. I asked what it would cost to get out of the contract, and she said $150. I was hoping she'd put me through to retentions, but she just said that I might be better off paying the $150 and starting over with a new contract instead of paying the extra $30 per month.

Any suggestions?
    call retentions directly. When you Claire asks you what you want, say "cancel." That should get you to retentions.
    I am going to call them this week to see what they can do for me. I'm not under contract, but I have done an ESN swap within the last 12 months. According to my account I won't even qualify for the $75 until August! Hopefully they'll be able to override that because I want to add my mother's line to my account and am willing to sign a contract for that.

Anyone know what a customer in my situation qualifies for when dealing with retention? My contract expired on 6/04.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Called back and asked Clair for 'cancel' and she transferred me - to a message telling me to call back during business hours!

So, I called a number I found in another thread (business services?) and asked to do an ESN swap. No problem. Went through in a minute. When it was done I confirmed that my plan was still the same and he said yes. Phone and internet worked instantly.

Only problem is, I don't think I'm connecting to EVDO network. It says that it is dialing Power Vision, but it appears to be the same old Vision to me... Maybe no EVDO in my part of Las Vegas?