1.    #1  
    I'm wondering what folks are seeing as far as speed upgrades for internet in Los Angeles going from EDGE to EV-DO.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    I made this exact switch this morning through corporate telesales. I'll be sure to post here when I get my Treo. To be quite frank, I don't see much benefit from EDGE speeds over plain old GSM. I usually get about 60-80 kbps, definitely NOT impressive. I am, however, very much looking forward to being in the 300 kbps range on up...

Javier
  3.    #3  
    Thanks javy. I'm reluctant to leave Cingular/GSM if the only major advantage to me would be faster internet unless its like night vs. day.

The other enhancements in the 700 look fairly mundane to me.
    For me, the biggest issue was coverage. If I didn't get equal or better coverage, it was a no-go, no matter how much I wanted the phone. However, I find that my girlfriend's coverage (Sprint) is equal to or better than mine everywhere we go, especially in buildings. Add to that the fact that the Sprint voice and data prices are MUCH cheaper than Cingular, and it makes the deal that much better. If all goes well, I should wind up getting a new Treo, cutting my phone bill in half (WOW) and getting a far superior service.

Javier
  5.    #5  
    I live in Santa Monica and Sprint coverage is poor for me in the areas I go. All my friends with Sprint bailed on it. I'd have to be willing to take worse coverage to move to Sprint.... :-/
    Oooh, then I would be wary on that one. It doesn't do any good to have a cool device that you can't use! You could always try it out for the 2 week trial period and see what kind of signal you get. Then there's always Verizon, who has a signal EVERYWHERE, but makes you pay through the nose for it... unless you get a corporate discount.

Javier
    For anyone interested, I've been getting average speeds of 340 kbps in greater LA area - lowest was 224, highest 397. I've found great, broad service from Sprint in areas I've been in. Goodbye, Cingular...

Javier