Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I thought that Doc's 2 Go was a part of ROM on the 700p. When I did my initial hot sync I think I may have loaded certain Doc2Go files that were already on my computer. I had upgraded to version 8.0 this year on the 650. I neglected to delete the Doc2Go program that was installed on my computer prior to my initial 700p hot sync, but I did rename my backup folder to avoid having any software loaded onto the 700p. So...

When I go to the Info sub-menu at home I am seeing the following Doc2Go files on the phone (in my RAM presumably):

Documents 669k
    Graphics Library 15k
    Sheet to Go 645k
    SS_P2P 230k
    WordToGo 798k
    WordToGoFonts 275k

WP_P2P 195k

My thinking is that these files were inadvertently copied onto my 700p and I can delete them to free up some RAM as Docs2Go is already in the 700p ROM. Please let me know if you agree or disagree.

thx
    Last edited by ambtreo; 05/30/2006 at 03:24 PM. Reason: more descriptive title
    I agree - when I check the same on my phone they're all listed as 0k, except documents. But since I have uploaded some documents, that should be non zero.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Are you saying that these files...

Documents 669k
    Graphics Library 15k
    Sheet to Go 645k
    SS_P2P 230k
    WordToGo 798k
    WordToGoFonts 275k
    WP_P2P 195k

...are duplicates and I can delete them from RAM?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Ok, I was correct and there is a 4 step fix:

1) go to control panel on your pc and delete the documents to go program thru the add/remove software manager.

2) go into your backup file in c:\program files\palmone\Username\Backup and delete the Doc2Go files listed in post #3.

3) Download and then hot sync the attached Docs2Go tech tool.

4) Go to Home on the 700p open the DataViz Tech tool. Choose uninstall Docs2Go.

This clears up the version of Docs2Go that was unintentionally loaded into my RAM. It was conflicting with the Docs2Go version that comes preloaded in the 700p ROM.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Can anyone verify that the DTG components (beyond the "Documents" PRC) ARE actually loaded on the ROM? Why, then, would they have you go through the process of installing the handheld PRCs when installing DTG for the desktop?
    This is one of the reasons I always recommend that peeps not Hosync new devices with old desktop installs. ALthough many have reported that just renaming your backup or user name folder does the same thing, I have always been worried about what might be coming in from the other folders.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...46&postcount=3
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    This is one of the reasons I always recommend that peeps not Hosync new devices with old desktop installs. ALthough many have reported that just renaming your backup or user name folder does the same thing, I have always been worried about what might be coming in from the other folders.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...46&postcount=3
    JackNaylorPE-

Thanks for your effort on this.

I followed your transfer thread for the most part with the exception of testing apps for a few days prior to installing new apps. It took a while but I think the process will serve me well. To date I've only installed pretty basic stuff but when I get into the heavy duty apps I will follow your recommendation to run the device for a day or so prior to loading new apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Can anyone verify that the DTG components (beyond the "Documents" PRC) ARE actually loaded on the ROM? Why, then, would they have you go through the process of installing the handheld PRCs when installing DTG for the desktop?
    It DOES look like the Documents To Go on the 700P is loaded in to ROM - I've confirmed this using Filez with the ROM option checked.

The magic question is:

I've already purchased Docs to Go Premium and the version of DTG on the 700P is a ramped up version of Professional loaded in ROM. How can I upgrade to Premium with the data files in ROM? My guess is that I'll just end up with two versions of Docs to Go on the same device with the Premium files synced to RAM???

Any thoughts?
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Good thread. I'll have to check this when I get home as I may have a similar problem.
    Ok.. here is the response from Dataviz on loading Docs to Go Premium on a Treo 700P:

"You will to uninstall the version that came with the Treo 700. It comes with the professional version and you have the premium.

First uninstall Documents to Go from your handheld and desktop

http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...=13426&pid=157

I suggest deleting any Documents to Go installers you have on your desktop and redownloading version 8.003 Premium from our website, just to make sure you are installing the correct version.

Then install 8.003 premium to your desktop and handheld."

Sounds familiar as these are the same steps to uninstall and reinstall DTG from the T650.

Problem on the Treo 700P is:

After doing this, most, if not all, of the pre-loaded DTG files remain in ROM after the uninstall from the device.

I'm running Docs To Go Premium fine now after moving the app to the card, but a lot of the files are doubled up- some in RAM and others in ROM.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    This is why we need to get Shadowmite a 700P. I wish he could update his 650 ROM tools to work with the 700P. I'd like to install the updated versions of Docs2Go Premium and Pocket Tunes Deluxe in the 700P's ROM.

Or maybe get that other RomTool working.
    yep, that's the drawback of putting apps in ROM, when they come out with updates for the apps there is no clean way to upgrade. I ran into this on my 650 too with RealPlayer. I bought some songs off real.com but I couldn't play them without upgrading RealPlayer on my phone which left me with 2 versions. That was my main reason for finding and using RomTool but I have used it quite a bit since then and I am hoping a version for the 700 comes out real soon...
    Well, unless we all chip in and get Shadowmite or mmastrac a 700P, I don't think we'll be getting any RomTool anytime soon:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=115570
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Well, unless we all chip in and get Shadowmite or mmastrac a 700P, I don't think we'll be getting any RomTool anytime soon:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=115570
    Hey, I asked who to make the check out to... I would seriously be willing to chip in like $25 or $30 to get an updated version of RomTool for the 700, anyone else with me?
    I would. I think we need to start a thread about getting a fund up to get Shadowmite and / or mmastrac 700Ps.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    JesseJStreet -

Thanks for the feedback. As I am only using DTG for word, excel, powerpoint and pdf, DTG Professional seems to work fine for me so I am going to stick with my setup for now.

JackNaylorPE - you are correct - I feel like such a NOOB. However, when I am using Chatter in EVDO coverage the 700p absolutely rocks! I am downloading 1mb pdf's in no time!
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I would. I think we need to start a thread about getting a fund up to get Shadowmite and / or mmastrac 700Ps.
    In the mean time I'm trying to dump my ROM to SD right to see if I can help the cause at all...
    It would be nice to add the spell checker from the Premium Edition... has anyone tried that without putting the rest into RAM?
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone