1.    #1  
    Well I got my 700p and trying to set it up, I've done just about every mistake I could make. Decided to put it down and rest awhile. I had planned to do a clean install and had uninstalled Palm desktop. Well I forgot to go in and delete the Palm directory. But that's down the road. I called to do the ESN swap and they connected me to India. Got someone who could hardly speak english and was clueless. We went thru the programming steps and my 700 said "Succesfully Programmed". I told her that but she wasn't sure what was going on. Then I asked about Power Vision. She had no clue what that was. She kept saying, put the phone down and don't touch it for 6 hours until it is completely programmed or I would mess it up. Well I had never heard that before anyway. Finally, I gave up trying to communicate with her and said have a good day. Anyway an hour later I still can't send or receive phone calls on it. Keeps saying the phone is not activated yet or something of that ilk.

Then I tried to do my setup from the CD. Got halfway thru and it started restoring everything I had on my old phone. I did not want this at all. So I stopped it. Went thru and deleted the files it had loaded (at least the ones I recognized). Uninstalled the new Palm desktop software, deleted the Palm directory and started all over. Okay, I think I'm fine on that part. But still can't make calls or even check my voice mail even though it shows I have a voice mail message.

I guess I'll give it a couple of hours and then call them back. Just hope I don't get clueless from India again. Sheesh, I've been looking forward to this moment for so long, it's kind of anticlimatic. I've had a Treo 300, 600 and 650 and thought I knew what I was doing. Guess I was wrong.

BTW - Does anyone ever read any of the manuals that come with these things - maybe that's my problem.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    My phone is still not activated yet either. the lady said it could take 2-4 hours. I can surf the web though.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    My phone isn't working yet either. Just called Sprint and they said give it another hour.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    i must have just called in before the esn swap rush...the phone should work within an hour, but can take up to four. The internet can take anywhere from an hour to twelve hours, so don't get too anxious if it isn't working right away
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    My phone isn't working yet either. Just called Sprint and they said give it another hour.
    jimmie just so you don't think ignored you, i tried replying to you, but it said your pm box was full
    Mine worked as soon as she was done, it provisioned twice but everything works. Just not sue its EVDO, but it says connecting to Power Vision when I sign on.
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    Bumble I saw that my box was filled, sorry. My phone kicked in a little while ago. LudusP is GREAT!!! EV-DO is fast!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    guys can you confirm that with apps installed and mapped to hard buttons, that there is NO lagtime between button presses?

I have the VZ version and there is distinct delays while pressing buttons and exiting Blazer. Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I decided to go in to my local sprint store which is a minute from my home and they swapped it for me
    took all of 10 minutes and it is working fine
    Fred
    Where can we get Ludus P - has Tyler taken it down.
    Well you are a Pack Fan so that is right from Raleigh...
    Hi, Where can we get Ludus P? Thanks!
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    My phone is still not activated yet either. the lady said it could take 2-4 hours. I can surf the web though.
    Mine hasn't arrived yet, but it should be here in an hour or two. I ordered from Sprint's website. Email from order support told me phone activated yesterday.
    I can log in to Sprints website, or connect to customer support using my newly assigned Sprint PCS phone number with the password I selected when ordering the phone. Both tell me I have 0 minutes used, and the web site shows my account as having the Power Vision Ultimate plan free for one month!.
    When calling Sprint customer service, it is always best to tell Claire, the automated attendant, "CANCEL SERVICE." That way, you will most always be connected to a better rep.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Just don't swear at Claire, she'll hang up on you. Ben