Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Results 161 to 172 of 172
  1. expidia's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    #161  
    Thx to the poster for the tip on a great freeware program. I wanted to send the author some dollars but I don't see any way to do it.

    So far on my 700p it's working great and best of all it does scheduled auto backups. I set it for 5am and forget it.
    Here is the link: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/nvbackup.shtml

    One last thing . . . "SCREW YOU BACKUP MAN" you will never see a dime of my money again
    Last edited by Expidia; 09/23/2006 at 07:20 PM.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
  2. #162  
    I sent their support staff two messages about their lack of support for Java and never got a response. What a shame. Though they did come up with another product.....

    Ben
  3. #163  
    Anyone know if the latest version of Ringo Pro or mRing works with the 700p?
    Treo 700wx, Topram 4GB 150x

    Anyone want a Treo 700p for $430 ?
  4. #164  
    You could also encrypt your copy, and ftp that to a remote server. just in case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Expidia View Post
    Thx to the poster for the tip on a great freeware program. I wanted to send the author some dollars but I don't see any way to do it.

    So far on my 700p it's working great and best of all it does scheduled auto backups. I set it for 5am and forget it.
    Here is the link: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/nvbackup.shtml

    One last thing . . . SCREW YOU BACKUP MAN you will never see a dime of my money again
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
  5. #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by huytrang90 View Post
    You could also encrypt your copy, and ftp that to a remote server. just in case.
    Now why haven't I done that?

    That is a very good idea which could really save the day at some point! Thanks.
  6. #166  
    An newer updated is available from PalmGear. This backup software has saved me several time.
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodID=121637
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
  7. expidia's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    #167  
    Free program says it works on all Palm OS. I've used it on my old 650. It's a must have if you use TomTom nav 5 on your Treo as it shuts off that annoying bright led while you're driving at night and your GPS is on. You can put the GPS on night screen, but the Treo led screams it's light at you the entire time!

    No issues yet with Ledoff on the 700p.

    P.S. Ledoff allows you to choose to leave the led that shows messages or low battery on if you wish.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
  8. expidia's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    #168  
    They don't show the 700p being tested with it.

    Anyone loaded it yet. It worked great on my 650. Saves the day when you push your Treo down into your front pants pocket and you're releasing the card at the same time. Very easy to lose the card when I pull the phone back out.

    I know there is another free program out there that does the same, but it too does not show being tested with the 700p and worse yet for me it's made by made by bits and bolts and because they make Backup Man I won't use one of their products even though they are giving it away free
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
  9. Feldhege's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #169  
    Just a quick note to say that I used BackupMan 1.55 to restore my Treo 700P. A few settings didn't restore (mostly alarms and prefrences) but everything else worked fine. I may have gotten lucky but it appears to work. Just to be safe, I also run NVBackup on a scheduled basis.

    Robb
  10. #170  
    ? re text software for 700p. i understand that there's a shortcuts program out there...does it work for 700p without crashing?
    also, i'm looking for a text complete program and i've read that textplus is buggy. any other ideas?

    thanks.
  11. #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    ? re text software for 700p. i understand that there's a shortcuts program out there...does it work for 700p without crashing?
    also, i'm looking for a text complete program and i've read that textplus is buggy. any other ideas?
    ...
    ShortCut5 is stable on the 700p. TextPlus works but takes a learning curve and cannot be blindly applied to all programs.
  12. waldo15's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by H1DC View Post
    Anyone know if the latest version of Ringo Pro or mRing works with the 700p?
    Yes it does, about 99% of the time. I have it up and running.

    Now, it can get iffy. A few times (3 total) mRing has soft resetted my 700p. I have not been able to repeat the problem to root cause it...
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Posting Permissions