Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    I am testing out some TTS (text to speech) apps.
    *the Speak (pspeak) it is free and works fine, but the bug that existed before still there so it's not "new" to current Treo

* SayIt, v1.1 it resets after a few test. not sure if it is by design, since I use demo.

* TalkTester ...doesnt even load in 700p

I will write more when I recover
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    ZLauncher 5.42b4 Beta works with the Treo 700p!

Changes in ZLauncher 5.42b4 Beta:

1. Fixed the incorrect behaviour on Treo 700p's home button.

2. Fixed problem on Treo 700p's signal indicator button.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Download: ZLauncher 5.42b4 Beta
    No disrespect to LudusP, but you don't need it for ZLauncher 5.42b4 Beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by H1DC View Post
    ZLauncher 5.42b4 Beta works with the Treo 700p!

Changes in ZLauncher 5.42b4 Beta:

1. Fixed the incorrect behaviour on Treo 700p's home button.

2. Fixed problem on Treo 700p's signal indicator button.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Download: ZLauncher 5.42b4 Beta
    Do we know when ZLauncher 5.42b4 will be out in final release?
    Installed agendus pro to my new treo 700 and buttons for phone has been captured by calendar. had updated from a 600 and was synching old software. How do I get my phone button back
    I'm guessing: Applications/Prefs/Buttons/Default?
    LED blinking light inoperative after installing Agendus pro 10.05--anyone know of a fix-phone etal works fine
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2 View Post
    I am testing out some TTS (text to speech) apps.
    *the Speak (pspeak) it is free and works fine, but the bug that existed before still there so it's not "new" to current Treo

* SayIt, v1.1 it resets after a few test. not sure if it is by design, since I use demo.

* TalkTester ...doesnt even load in 700p

I will write more when I recover
    Very interested in your reviews -- I've been wondering about some of the TTS alternatives for awhile.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Unless of course, you pony up another fee to uprade to the version that will. I'm glad they made the new version to work with the 700p, but since I only bought their program 12 months ago and the 700 is so similar to the 650 I for one, think it's unfair to charge another fee know matter what the upgrade cost is. I might go back to using backup buddy on principal. I'd rather pay them for a new program than deal with Backup Man now. Just my opinion!
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Expidia View Post
    Unless of course, you pony up another fee to uprade to the version that will. I'm glad they made the new version to work with the 700p, but since I only bought their program 12 months ago and the 700 is so similar to the 650 I for one, think it's unfair to charge another fee know matter what the upgrade cost is. I might go back to using backup buddy on principal. I'd rather pay them for a new program than deal with Backup Man now. Just my opinion!
    That sounds too short a time to charge for an upgrade. I think Resco Backup or BackupBuddyVFS Pro are both good alternatives. I have found Resco a little more reliable but have read the opposite for some users.
    Try NVBackup. It is free.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Expidia View Post
    Just curious what didn't work? I own Backupman 1.55 from my T600. It seems to backup every night without a hitch. Is there something that I haven't found yet?

Robb
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldhege View Post
    Just curious what didn't work? I own Backupman 1.55 from my T600. It seems to backup every night without a hitch. Is there something that I haven't found yet?

I dunno, you might find out the hard way like I did and had my 700p's firmware corrupted by one of my programs that was incompatible with the 700p.

Here is the message I got back, so I guess they feel they had to upgrade the version that worked with my 650!

Robb
    Bits 'n Bolts Support" <support@bitsnbolts.com>
    09/11/2006 10:10 AM
    From Backupman's tecg support:
    Subject Re: Tech support issue problem: automated backup error . . .

You need to update to a newer version of BackupMan for support for the Treo 700 device.

BackupMan v2.0 is not a free upgrade for users of 1.xx, however there are upgrade discounts available based on when you purchased BackupMan.

You can use our website to locate your registrations, update your email address, and request your upgrades. You can find this system located at http://www.bitsnbolts.com/findreg.php. To use this system you must be using Internet Explorer v6 or FireFox v1.5 or newer. You MUST use our online system to request your upgrade. We have tens of thousands of customers and for that reason we cannot process requests manually.

-Mike

Expidia: I checked and what they are offering me is a $4.95 discount off the full retail price. I say this is BullSh*t!
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Yep, I get a $4.95 discount too.

Has anyone tried the NVBackup suggested above on their 700P?

Robb
    I was able to get Froggy and Galax to work... but they were painfully slow.

PacDude - it works, but you can't get out without a soft reset.

Seems to me the software folks need to have a "700p CERTIFIED" sticker that goes with their software.

Just got my 700p and LOVE IT.

unfortunately, my Lexar 4GB SD Card doesn't work. First it is recognized, and then it magically disappears (makes the sound like it's popping out.) Gonna try another and sell this one on E-Bay. It works GREAT in my TREO600.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesMan View Post
    ...unfortunately, my Lexar 4GB SD Card doesn't work. ... Gonna try another and sell this one on E-Bay.
    This is going slightly OT, but just wanted to let you know that there might be a formatting issue. If you have a card reader you might want to look at one of the 4gb SD card threads and give it a try before you abandon hope. BTW, I got an Adata and have problems deleting files from the Treo, but my Transcend 4GB works great. Good luck!
    [QUOTE=LesMan;1084385]PacDude - it works, but you can't get out without a soft reset.QUOTE]

Hit option then home keys to exit.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesMan View Post
    unfortunately, my Lexar 4GB SD Card doesn't work. First it is recognized, and then it magically disappears (makes the sound like it's popping out.) Gonna try another and sell this one on E-Bay. It works GREAT in my TREO600.
    You might want to try CradleCare before you sell it. While I haven't used it, it seems to have solved the disappearing problem for several users here. Do a search for CradleCare AND 4GB for details...

I agree with the previous poster that the Transcend cards seem to work very well with the 700p in case you *do* need to get a new one. The last prices on it were about 59 with a $30 rebate on NewEgg.

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldhege View Post
    Has anyone tried the NVBackup suggested above on their 700P?

Robb
    I started using NVBackup with my 700p and it's worked quite well on the backups for me. I haven't tested a restore yet, though.

For reference, I previously used BackupMan on my Treo 600.

-dave
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast