Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphsutton
    joust doesnt work - well it does - but you can't get out of it - you have to soft reset.

No. 'Opt-Home' works fine for Joust and all the other Midway games, as well as most other games...
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Backupbuddy VFS pro is up to version 3.3.15. That's the newest version.

Anyway. It has an issue with the Bluetooth stack files. It works if bluetooth is disabled.
    Actually, I just found that BB VFS has been updated to 3.4.1.2...here are the details from the version history:

Version 3.3.1.5 - 3.4.1.2:
    NEW: BBVFS "Preparing Backup" display
    NEW: BBVFS progress meter only displays backed up files
    NEW: BBVFS program icon changed due to popular demand
    Issue fixed: Slow scrolling in advanced mode
    Issue fixed: Saved prefs backup on Treo devices
    Issue fixed: Restore/sync issue of PIM files on Treo
    Issue fixed: Issue with Advanced Mode jump to file name using Graffiti
    Issue fixed: Problem with virtual keyboard and BBVFS on T5
    Issue fixed: MMNotify Send file on Verizon Treo Backup problem
    Issue fixed: Invalid name error (0x2AOE) for BackgrHiResColor file
    Issue fixed: Keyguard issue on Treo devices with scheduled backup
    Issue fixed: Backup of Graffiti Shortcuts on TX device
    Issue fixed: Scheduled backup not keeping device power on to complete backup
    Issue fixed: Restore issue of BBVFS registration key

I was only able to find it by checking for the newer version using BB VFS on my Treo. But for some reason the update didn't get installed when I downloaded it so I manually entered the link in my PC browser and downloaded the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by PayDay99
    Same here...700p totally acting weird with any menu even after I've reset. Am starting over from the beginning.
    I've installed CardExport II twice (the second time after hard reset). Both times it said it needed to do a soft reset on my Treo after running it the first time. Both times I did this it froze my Treo during the reset (during the part where it turns on the phone while the yellow Sprint screen is displayed. I was forced to do a soft reset and after that it seemed to work fine, but I've only copied a few files back and forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    This is not VolumeCare doing this behavior. There is no code in VolumeCare that can turn off/on the phone radio. I am personally running VolumeCare on my 700P and I have many customers successfully running VC on their 700p's.

I would be happy to help you track down what is causing this problem though. Contact me directly at: support @ GoTreosoftware.com. We can exchange phone numbers and talk live. I will bet in 10 minutes we will find what is causing this behavior.

Jeff

EDIT: Are you running TreoGuard? Have you tried to disable it to see if your radio issue at the end of a call disappears?

i installed volumecare as well, do not feel there is a difference with this program

everytime i dial *2 and hangup the phone powers off and on like u are stating , going in and out of service, but this only happens when i dial *2, isnt that odd

i uninstalled volume care and issue is still happening

any resolution to this ?
    Quote Originally Posted by zyprexa
    I just got my Treo 700p and spent the last few hours importing programs to the 700p. I have found most things work, with the exception of a few programs in which I got an error message.

Programs that work:

Agendus - (!!Watch out, it will reassign your phone key - don't change buttons on initial install wizard)
    Chatteremail
    Initiate
    SplashID
    Fonts4OS5
    Hi-Launcher
    Genius
    PetitLaunch
    Profilecare
    VolumeCare v5.38
    Merck Manual from the drug company
    Flight Status
    Key Caps
    Treo Shutter
    OnCradleOn
    FileZ
    RescoExplorer
    PowerRun
    BackupBuddy VFS
    TakePhone (updated)
    Sandman (turns screen off during calls)
    Launcher X v 1.2.2
    ZLauncher (use LudusP to fix home key)
    Joust
    SpyHunter
    MicroQuad (resets Palm)
    FlightStatus
    Vegas Video Poker
    My Little Tank
    Hellfire
    Ababall
    Datebk5
    Snappermail
    SplashPhoto
    SplashID
    Daily Reader
    iSilo
    TomTom
    Audacity Voice Recorder
    CS Online 2.2.0
    Mocha Pocket Telnet 4.2
    pssh 2005-06-23
    TuSSH 0.83

Programs that didn't work:

Butler - (recent update may work?)
    Phone Technician
    Ringo
    Fieldplus
    Verichat
    SmartPhone Tools Pro
    Novii Remote
    Microquad
    Mapopolous
    CardExport
    Pocketerm II R7
    ptelnet 0.61
    PVTerm 1.0
    TTY master PRO 1.1
    TreoShutter
    TreoGuard
    Big Clock v2.83

Anyone else with failures?
    You need to get the new version of Agedus and it will fix the phone key problem. After all palm released the Treo 700p , while it should have still been in beta testing. Why let the customers be you expermental subjects.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgritz
    palm released the Treo 700p , while it should have still been in beta testing. Why let the customers be you expermental subjects.
    ^^Welcome to the world of the Palm buyers support group. Keep coming back. It (sometimes) works.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot
    i installed volumecare as well, do not feel there is a difference with this program

everytime i dial *2 and hangup the phone powers off and on like u are stating , going in and out of service, but this only happens when i dial *2, isnt that odd

i uninstalled volume care and issue is still happening

any resolution to this ?
    This is a well known issuse with sprint it has nothing to do with vc.
    my vc works well on my 700p
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    This is a well known issuse with sprint it has nothing to do with vc.
    my vc works well on my 700p

are u having the same issue when u dial *2 ?

I was thiking of doing a hard reset but dont want to if it isnt going to fix the problem...

when i first got the phone prior to me installing anything , it never did this when dialing *2

i called sprint and talked with treo department , said shouldnt happen

are u seeing a major difference with volume care?

i tried it mainly to get the speaker louder but i didnt notice a big difference
    seems the *2 is a bug that is affecting everyone

can anyone suggest two programs or one that shuts off the keypad and the screen during a call

tried kb lights off, and auto dimmer

but seems they are conflicting with eachother, being one turns off and the other turns on

auto dimmer turns the screen off but after some time it turns back on then off again, never stays off for full duration of call

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/autodimmer.shtml

http://www.palmblvd.com/software/pc/...2-palm-pc.html
    Hello,

It looks as though the popular Karma Sutra position index from a few years ago, Palmasutra, is dwindling in compatibility with newer smartphones. I have one of the Palm Treo 700p smartphones (with Palm OS 5.4.9) and just tried to install Palmasutra 2.1 (build 1032, en.256). The good news is that it works on this device. The bad news is that NONE of the buttons will allow you to get out of the program and only shift you from position to position! After a few minutes of trial and error, I was able to discover that if you select Menu> Options> About and then hit the Home key of the Treo 700p, you are exited from Palmasutra. This is a handy thing to know, unless you wish to play a practical joke on someone. Personally, if I had to get stuck in digital limbo with any Palm software, then it I would want it to be Palmasutra!

Now, Palmasutra versions for the Sony Clie and PocketPC are offered at http://www.palmasutra.org/eng/ , but they are also alpha versions at best. The owner of Palmasutra is looking for a developer to help her update this software. Anyone interested is urged to contact Florian Weber via e-mail address “fw at palmasutra.org”.

“Technological change is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.” (Albert Einstein, 1941),
    Dr. Z.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyprexa
    I just got my Treo 700p and spent the last few hours importing programs to the 700p. I have found most things work, with the exception of a few programs in which I got an error message.

Programs that work:

Agendus - (!!Watch out, it will reassign your phone key - don't change buttons on initial install wizard)
    Chatteremail
    Initiate
    SplashID
    Fonts4OS5
    Hi-Launcher
    Genius
    PetitLaunch
    Profilecare
    VolumeCare v5.38
    Merck Manual from the drug company
    Flight Status
    Key Caps
    Treo Shutter
    OnCradleOn
    FileZ
    RescoExplorer
    PowerRun
    BackupBuddy VFS
    TakePhone (updated)
    Sandman (turns screen off during calls)
    Launcher X v 1.2.2
    ZLauncher (use LudusP to fix home key)
    Joust
    SpyHunter
    MicroQuad (resets Palm)
    FlightStatus
    Vegas Video Poker
    My Little Tank
    Hellfire
    Ababall
    Datebk5
    Snappermail
    SplashPhoto
    SplashID
    Daily Reader
    iSilo
    TomTom
    Audacity Voice Recorder
    CS Online 2.2.0
    Mocha Pocket Telnet 4.2
    pssh 2005-06-23
    TuSSH 0.83

Programs that didn't work:

Butler - (recent update may work?)
    Phone Technician
    Ringo
    Fieldplus
    Verichat
    SmartPhone Tools Pro
    Novii Remote
    Microquad
    Mapopolous
    CardExport
    Pocketerm II R7
    ptelnet 0.61
    PVTerm 1.0
    TTY master PRO 1.1
    TreoShutter
    TreoGuard
    Big Clock v2.83

Anyone else with failures?

I cannot get SpeedDial to work on the 700p, has anyone had any luck with this program? also Treo Shutter does not work, I miss the program!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAndrews
    I've installed CardExport II twice (the second time after hard reset). Both times it said it needed to do a soft reset on my Treo after running it the first time. Both times I did this it froze my Treo during the reset (during the part where it turns on the phone while the yellow Sprint screen is displayed. I was forced to do a soft reset and after that it seemed to work fine, but I've only copied a few files back and forth.
    I received the followin in an email from Softick:

Thank you for your request.
    Unfortunately 700p is not supported by Card Export II at this time.
    But we are working to make version for 700p. This version will be released during 1-2 weeks.
    Sorry for any inconveniences.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo
    ACT for Palm 2.0 PIM software is not yet fully compatable with the 700P. It works most of the time (requires ACT ver 8+ on desk top) but some operations cause a soft reset.

I called ACT today (as this program alone will keep me with Palm OS hardware) and they advised that after releasing ACT 2007 for desktops in the fall (taking orders now) they will update ACT for Palm to include 2007 and the 700p. No version of ACT is planned for Windows Mobile 5 until next year.
    sandman works to shut off your screen, use LudusP to assign a key to activate , i assigned the send key and also used program Ludusp to combine the function of the send(green key) and phone key, they do the same thing.

when going to your contacts u have to hit button in middle of 5 way navi. button not the send button

Only fault i found is when u use speaker phone, if u have speaker phone on and activate sandman it goes to one way transmission...so on the calls that u are using speaker phone just dont activate program. Sandman is free and LudusP is 5 bucks to register and also good to have to use for zlauncher to assign your home key to that launcher

mytreo.net to get programs
    Last edited by italiangspot; 07/12/2006 at 12:41 PM.
    When I was trying to move the Tether hack into ROM, I didn't succefully do it until I bought and used Rescos' Explorer. Filez didn't seem to work. Others have had the same experience.
    c a r l n u n e s
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > iPhone( ) > Treo 755p
    WATCH THIS BEFORE POSTING
    Hopefully this is not off topic. I have not seen "fastfinger" mentioned here. I am new to the treo having just come from the ique 3600. Fastfinger is used alot by the garmin ique 3600 crowd.

It is a palm os based, free program that allows you to finger touch your screen and have a set routine of commands completed for you. You just need to figure out the position of the pen taps on the screen. You call the palm application enter the coordinates in a macro and the macro performs the tap for you.

For example if you wanted to find your buddy Gary's house via navigation, you would enter the fastfinger program and select the screen button that says find gary's house and the macro would open the contacts list select gary's name, enter the coordinates in the mapping program and start routing you to gary's house. One button instead of 5 or six pen taps.

I brought the program over from my ique and it works, although very limited in this environment due to the macros being based on garmin mapping software. But it would be very useful to alot of you I am sure.

Here is the link to the forum topic that contains alot of info on this program. From there you can get to the authors site for the dowload and instructions on how to write your own macros. http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54358

Hopefully I have contributed something here that we can all share. And hopefully I am not to off topic.
    [QUOTE=benjers]Can anyone with Treo 700p check if SkyForce game works fine on this device?

Skyforce works fine on my Sprint 700p

KeyguardTime+ Application Dosen't work
    Palm VIIx >>>Palm 505 >>>Palm Treo 650 Palm 700p >> Palm Centro >> Palm Pre
    I need my card export II...I hope they fix this soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    VC disables itself when you are using a BT headset.
    That should be optional.. personally I'd like more volume with my BT headset
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us
    That should be optional.. personally I'd like more volume with my BT headset
    At the current time, there is no solution to provide additional volume for Bluetooth headsets. I have tried for months to extend VolumeCare so it would also provide increased volume for Bluetooth devices.

Jeff
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast