Yesterday morning, I went to use my T650 and it was "dead" after sitting on the charger the previous night ... no light on the unit to indicate it is charging. I tried removing battery, soft reset, warm reset, hard reset, with battery, without battery, plugged in outlet, plugged in USB port, changed charger, changed battery, pressed and held the green button, the red button ... even prayed to the Palm Gods ... but all to no avail.

... and then one time I took the battery out and put it back it in and the T650 came back to life. The Palm Screen came up for a few seconds, then it disappeared and the screen remained on, but was completely blank. It seemed to be alive, but locked into some loop. So, I tried the soft reset, warm reset, hard reset ... but nothing happened. So, I removed the battery and re-inserted it ... and DEAD AGAIN!

Well, this morning, after re-trying everything I could think of, the T650 came back to life again after doing a soft reset. It went thru the Palm Logo Screen and went to the Enter Password screen. However, after 5-10 seconds, the Enter Password screen started scrolling really fast such that the screen became garbled and it wouldn't recognize any of my key entries. After a few minutes of this, the screen went blank again, but the buttons went thru a cycle where they would light for 3-5 seconds, then turn off, then light again and turn off. I left it like this for 30+ minutes and tried hitting everything I could think of, including the resets ... but to no avail. So I removed the battery and re-inserted it ... and DEAD AGAIN!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is a few months past the one-year warranty and contacting Cingular has been a waste of time. Note that I have my data backed up to the SD card with Backup Buddy (7-10 days old) ... but can't even get the unit to stay on long enough to restore it.

thanks,
--dennis