Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mine still doesn't work after officially adding PAM to my account.

the USB modem works, but I want bluetooth!

i get the modem error...please verify settings response.
    on the treo, the bluetooth icon changes to white, and a popup says "connecting" but nothing good happens.

this is ridiculously frustrating.

clearly, the tech ain't ready for prime time. come back in 3 years.
    - ag47
    Hey! I got mine to work (Sprint 700p to black MacBook)... One of the not so obvious things was to use my authentic Sprint user name, but just insert a bogus password. Maybe those fields can be blank(?), but it's working with them in there!

Good luck all...
    ~O
    I have macbook pro and Treo 700p. How do you use resco explorer to install the hack? Can someone provide link to it(hack)? Also the first time I tried it ,my treo was put in an endless resetting loop. Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    I can confirm that activating PAM makes it work with the mac immediately. I am dying for a tethered option though to take advantage of those speeds!

Andy
    However, I can confirm that it's not true 100% of the time, because I tried it, and it didn't improve my connection problems one bit. As a result, I dropped PAM immediately...

I'm still having problems connecting; it seems to be something in the modem script, if I were to guess. I bought USB Modem, but now I haven't gotten it to work in about a week. Very frustrating.
    Well, this is interesting; once I re-installed the hack it started working. My impression had been that the hack wasn't necessary, but apparently that's not true... I'm online now with USB...
    Quote Originally Posted by bkay001
    I have macbook pro and Treo 700p. How do you use resco explorer to install the hack? Can someone provide link to it(hack)? Also the first time I tried it ,my treo was put in an endless resetting loop. Any help is appreciated.
    The link to the hack is on pg 2 posted by fofer. To use Resco Explorer you need to highlight PhoneInterfaceLibrary_tethered.lib on your SD card and select "Copy to..." then choose RAM (0: ). Then reboot. This is what worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Bunch of us have confirmed this already. What remains to be seen is whether or not we're going to be surprised by our Sprint bills in a month, if/when we're charged $0.20 per kilobtye.
    Appreciate your posting, sorry for the "me too". Why do you say the above? I'm on an unlimited data plan so how would this connection option be any different? Or cause extra billing? Can't you call CS and see if they notice any 'problems' without tipping them off?

FYI, I just tried USBModem over a tethered link on OS X and went to DSL reports, did the mobile test (1Mb), and I got 474kbps! Woo hoo! EV-DO rocks.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcardona2k
    Appreciate your posting, sorry for the "me too". Why do you say the above? I'm on an unlimited data plan so how would this connection option be any different? Or cause extra billing? Can't you call CS and see if they notice any 'problems' without tipping them off?
    Sprint has a "PAM" (Phone as Modem) option for the 700p for for $40 a month. So there's speculation that they could easily "sense" this workaround and ding us, that's all. It certainly would be in their best business interest to do so!

Personally I don't think they will. And I use it infrequently enough to not care.

I think Sprint's mistake was in charging $40/month for that option... how does that help someone who travels once a year and only needs it for 4-5 days? They should have offered a $5/day option too, that could be turned on/off on the fly. Then maybe so many folks wouldn't be installing this patch and getting the same for "free."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Sprint has a "PAM" (Phone as Modem) option for the 700p for for $40 a month. So there's speculation that they could easily "sense" this workaround and ding us, that's all. It certainly would be in their best business interest to do so!
    Technically for anyone with Sprint Power Vision it's change of -$15/month to switch to the PAM plan for +$40/month, netting an increase of $25/month + taxes, etc. So that's comparable to Verizon's plan of $20? for their version of PAM.

I remember a time Sprint didn't want Palm 6x0 customers using their phones as a modem. I did it sporadically with a BT DUN drop-down hack then straight up with the supported version -- even once using it nearly 24x7 for a week on a vacation to avoid hotel daily ISP charges and I never got dinged. It looks like Sprint wants to make $$ on their subscription content like SprintTV which I personally will never patronize.
    Last edited by rcardona2k; 06/25/2006 at 04:08 PM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234