Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69
  1. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #41  
    I can confirm that activating PAM makes it work with the mac immediately. I am dying for a tethered option though to take advantage of those speeds!

    Andy
  2. #42  
    Check out mobile-stream.com, USB modem. It works, although I haven't tested it extensively and I did encounter a few glitches.
  3. #43  
    I'm convinced that the Treo 700p is not compatible w/ Intel based Macs. This connection is not working or works infrequently on my Macbook Pro 15.4" notebook.
    It does however work flawlessly via bluetooth on my G5 based iMac. I've had it and the phone running under my Sprint PAM plan for over an hour. Max rate 300+ kps downloads. The Apple store wants to send my Macbook Pro in for testing, etc. I'm not sure if that's worth it or not.
  4. Fofer's Avatar
    Posts
    576 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #44  
    mopcodes, when you say it's "not working or works infrequently" what do you mean? It doesn't connect at all? Or it works, and then disconnects you after a few minutes?

    I ask because I have the same MacBook Pro... I installed the patch and used it for a spell... and it seemed to work fine. I didn't connect for an hour, more like a few minutes, and had no issues whatsoever. When I get a chance I will test for a longer period of time.
  5. #45  
    I tried the tethered hack via BT, which seems to work fine on my MBP. Has anyone gotten it to work via USB?
  6. #46  
    I am using the tethering hack with my 700 and my MBP and I can connect fine through Bluetooth. I also would love to know how to do it via USB for the higher speeds.
  7. #47  
    I tested USB Modem, and it connected perfectly the first try. So I bought it...

    However, since then, I've had spotty results. I haven't actually tried it outside my house, so I wonder if perhaps my problems are related to cell coverage, which can sometimes be glitchy since I'm on the backside of a rather large hill.

    I've not gotten USB Modem to work a single time with Bluetooth, however; I did install the tethered hack, by the way, but I'm not really sure whether I actually needed it.

    I'll be doing more testing later today... will post results.
  8. #48  
    I've had a problem with USB Modem, but not in connecting. Very often it won't enable modem mode successfully. When I do a soft reset of the Treo, it then enables USB modem mode, and once enabled, my powerbook connects flawlessly.
  9. #49  
    I works fine with my MacBook Pro 15" and a Verizon 700p. I seriously doubt the MBP is incompatible. It sounds like their is either an individual problem with your machine or a setup problem. I'm actually getting faster speeds on the bluetooth connection than reported by the ones I get from Blazer.

    Quote Originally Posted by mopcodes
    I'm convinced that the Treo 700p is not compatible w/ Intel based Macs. This connection is not working or works infrequently on my Macbook Pro 15.4" notebook.
    It does however work flawlessly via bluetooth on my G5 based iMac. I've had it and the phone running under my Sprint PAM plan for over an hour. Max rate 300+ kps downloads. The Apple store wants to send my Macbook Pro in for testing, etc. I'm not sure if that's worth it or not.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  10. #50  
    I just had Sprint delete my $25 Ultimate vision plan and replace with the $39.99 promo PAM plan... I have a Powerbook G4 15'...and when I attempt to connect via my 700p to my PB bluetooth, it crashes MacOS X. I got the trial of USB modem and will see if that works.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleNickle
    I just had Sprint delete my $25 Ultimate vision plan and replace with the $39.99 promo PAM plan... I have a Powerbook G4 15'...and when I attempt to connect via my 700p to my PB bluetooth, it crashes MacOS X. I got the trial of USB modem and will see if that works.
    USB modem works fine...!
  12. #52  
    Does the $39.99 promo PAM plan include ultimate vision? (i.e. Do you get ultimate vision and PAM in one package for that price?)
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditto
    Does the $39.99 promo PAM plan include ultimate vision? (i.e. Do you get ultimate vision and PAM in one package for that price?)
    NO you cant have BOTH..... You cant have Sprint Vision plan and a PAM at the same time. Their system wont let them do it, she told me.

    What I did was had them delete my $25 UltimatePVision Plan and REPLACE it with the $39.99/mo Promo PAM unlimited plan, then if you wish you can add PIc Mail $5, Video mail $5 etc ala cart. I rarely use these. I wasnt impressed with Sprint TV. In essence for me, it was $15.00 more per month as the PAM is the most important for me. I also added $5 Text Message plan (100) as I use Text messaging (again not alot) more than Pics , etc. I have it working with my Mac PB G4 on bluetooth and USB Modem with good speeds.
  14. #54  
    I've had the same problems with my Macbook Pro that "Agnok47" reported. I did an erase and install on the Macbook Pro. These resolved the problem. However subsequently I began to have problems when pairing the phone via blue tooth. It works or does not work. Crashes and sometimes causes kernel panics. If it connects it either works forever or not at all. It's so strange I'm not sure who or what to blame.
  15. #55  
    I amin the same boat mopcodes. alot of the time when i try to connect via BT the 700p does not go into modem mode (BT laptop icon). The 700p just switches to the active BT (mostly white BT icon) mode. that for me seems to be the hang up. every time i try to connect, if i get the BT+laptop icon it works. consiquently repairing often helps but should not be necessary. I am using a MBP and have the PAM plan.
  16. #56  
    I archived my Macbook Pro's HD to an external Firewire drive. I started with an Erase and Install to completely reinstall Mac OSX from scratch. Well to make a long story short I still have t he problem w/ bluetooth on the MAC crashing. Sometimes it just crashes. Sometimes I get a Kernel Panic. It sucks. Also tried using the phone as voice by answering an incoming call and was not able to switch back to the phone for Internet. Luckily I had WIFI available. I bet the only fix was reboot which I could not do at the time.

    Is someone on here stating they are able to get the Treo700p to work as a modem via it's hotsync/usb cable?
  17. #57  
    PS I'm filing a complaint with the Attorney General's office in my state. Sprints current plans are VERY misleading. Ultimate Vision does not really cover the costs of Sprint TV. When accessing all you get to see is a button wanting you to pay for all the channels that are supposed to be included: :-p
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    mopcodes, when you say it's "not working or works infrequently" what do you mean? It doesn't connect at all? Or it works, and then disconnects you after a few minutes?

    I ask because I have the same MacBook Pro... I installed the patch and used it for a spell... and it seemed to work fine. I didn't connect for an hour, more like a few minutes, and had no issues whatsoever. When I get a chance I will test for a longer period of time.
    It's dropping calls or does not even place a call. It's really bizarre. Especially trying to figure out what the root cause is. However I feel it's something with Bluetooth.
  19. #59  
    I can confirm that the workaround above, with a Palm 700p, Intel MacBook Pro on Sprint withOUT PAM works!

    I was getting the error above, inquired about PAM, balked at the cost, and searched here. I'm not a leech, I just need to use my 700p as a BT modem about once every two months on the weekend at my in-laws. DUN used to worked perfectly on my old 650 but I wanted EV-DO speeds for remote desktop. That's why I went for the 700p only to be bummed about PAM, etc.

    What I did:
    I used Palm Desktop to put the workaround prc on my SD card, and used Resco Explorer to copy the file to RAM. I reset my Palm per instructions and BT DUN worked the next time I ran Internet Connect. Note: I had the phone radio OFF when I copied the file to RAM since I also run Chatter which keeps a constant connection in the background.

    Thank you all
    Last edited by rcardona2k; 06/19/2006 at 11:53 PM.
  20. Fofer's Avatar
    Posts
    576 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcardona2k
    I can confirm that the workaround above, with a Palm 700p, Intel MacBook Pro on Sprint withOUT PAM works!
    Bunch of us have confirmed this already. What remains to be seen is whether or not we're going to be surprised by our Sprint bills in a month, if/when we're charged $0.20 per kilobtye.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions