1.    #1  
    Is there an indicator on the 700P that will show you if you are on Power Vision vs Vision? Clearly the speed of access to sites will be an indication but I'm wondering if there is an actual symbol on the phone's display to tell you when you are on EVDO.
    Last edited by theswami; 05/30/2006 at 01:47 PM.
    A simple search would have answered your question that has been already asked about 10 times. Regular data network the side-to-side arrows, EVDO, up and down triangles
    There will be a magic genie who will fly down from the heavens who will bonk you on the head with a small mallet & whisper... "You are now using EVDO, ya azz-jack!!!" :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    There will be a magic genie who will fly down from the heavens who will bonk you on the head with a small mallet & whisper... "You are now using EVDO, ya azz-jack!!!" :-)
    Do you have to pay extra for that, or is it included in the Power Vision fee?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by flipside99
    A simple search would have answered your question that has been already asked about 10 times. Regular data network the side-to-side arrows, EVDO, up and down triangles
    Does this apply for the Verizon 700p as well?
    Ouch
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>

It is so horrible that people harass new posters. Perhaps this questions may have been easy to search for, but in many cases, searching and finding relvent posts consist of swimming through a sea of the lamest jokes and off-topic comments before actually reading the queried information.

The fact that you answered his question, flipside99, already puts you leaps above dozens of posters on this board who love taking down an innocent redundant question.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrGuard
    It is so horrible that people harass new posters. Perhaps this questions may have been easy to search for, but in many cases, searching and finding relvent posts consist of swimming through a sea of the lamest jokes and off-topic comments before actually reading the queried information.

The fact that you answered his question, flipside99, already puts you leaps above dozens of posters on this board who love taking down an innocent redundant question.
    Thanks CmdrGuard.

I understand his point and I did not search when usually I do. I got excited about having the device and in combination with not having time for searches and reading through threads this afternoon, I decided to make a new post.

With that said, flipside99 can go eff himself for his post. I'm sure he has a small di%k, is short or fat or something else that makes him a bit insecure and forces him to be an internet hard ***.

I don't consider his response harassment. In fact, I thank him for his response since it answered my question. He would have been better off ignoring the thread and letting it die since it is clearly an issue that has been previously adressed.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Not to add to the fire but to the info, the manual says the arrows are different colors. Green is active 1x and blue is EVDO. An inactive connectin is gray in either case.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrGuard
    ...searching and finding relvent posts consist of swimming through a sea of the lamest jokes and off-topic comments before actually reading the queried information....
    A blonde walks into a bar, and says "ow".
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    Not to add to the fire but to the info, the manual says the arrows are different colors. Green is active 1x and blue is EVDO. An inactive connectin is gray in either case.
    Gray also means the network is available, even if not currently being used.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

if you install the phone overlay, from the t650 section, it shows EV

---also, it fixes the call duration in call log
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    if you install the phone overlay, from the t650 section, it shows EV

---also, it fixes the call duration in call log
    It actually changes the arrows icon?

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    It actually changes the arrows icon?

YUP, and shows EV in green
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    YUP, and shows EV in green
    I'm gonna install this, sounds cool.

But I read it uglifies the voicemail icon too.

So, if I don't like this hack, do I just delete it (using a file util like Filez or Resco) to revert my Treo back? Or do I need to fully wipe and reinstall.
    slow down, installing the overlay causes resets when you do menu A
    Treoing & Loving it
    Even I'm not this rude....show us the ten threads!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    slow down, installing the overlay causes resets when you do menu A
    menu A - Phone preferences?

Ah, thanks for that.

I think I'll wait.

Seeing Call Duration (and the enhanced icons) is nice but not enough to compromise the stability of the phone. Hopefully we'll see a new overlay soon specifically for the Treo 700p (Sprint.)
    I disagree...
    I am a long time forum user and I searched my arse off trying to find info. I searched these forums and the manual.

What character string did you use?

Here was my post on this http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115971
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    LOL