1.    #1  
    Is there an app that would let me wirelessly sync a web calendar (Yahoo/Google/AirSet/Whatever) or other type of calendar. Using the treo 650.
    blazer? or if blazer does not render the online calendars properly then webpro?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Just saw this listed on PalmInfocenter.
    Check out CompanionLink for Google Calendar.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    Just saw this listed on PalmInfocenter.
    Check out CompanionLink for Google Calendar.
    Wow, that looks like a great program. I see now that is what the original poster had in mind. It would be great if anyone who has the time to use it could provide feedback.
    damn, the demo just has an exe installer. But theoretically one could just use it to link the palm and google calendars without using a PC. If anyone can post the .prc file, I would greatly appreciate it. I think I would like to try this.
    I tried it out briefly....It's a Hotsync conduit and does not provide wireless OTA synching. It actually looks to be the same app that Airset provides for synching with their own calendar. I was not very thorough when trying either one, but the one thing that stood out regarding the CompanionLink is it only synched with my main Google calendar. If I had other calendars such as public .ical calendars, those were not synched. I did not look it how handled categories, all day events, repeating events, etc...

If anybody is willing to sacrifice some time (and possibly endure headaches) I am sure many of us would be grateful for thorough reviews.
    I tried it out but it kept crashing. It was saying "Out of Memory" and I would get a windows error message. Program stinks.
    Thanks jwein84 and markwmccal, I will skip this program, based on what you have found, the advertising for it seems misleading too.
    I just found this via LifeHacker:
    http://www.gcalsync.com/

It does over-the-air sync to Google Calendar.

It installed fine from the 'IBM Java VM' app (by putting the link to the jar: http://www.gcalsync.com/GCalSync.jar into the 'Install midlet' box). It runs slowly but seems to work.
    Doesn't show any Palm Treo under supported phones so I won't be using it. Just have a bad feeling about this program.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    Doesn't show any Palm Treo under supported phones so I won't be using it. Just have a bad feeling about this program.
    Note that under 'Supported Phones' it also lists:
    Other
    Any that supports JSR 75: PDA Optional Packages for the J2ME Platform

And the Treo supports JSR-75. It really has been working just fine for me. And with the k9secpol.prc, you don't have to click 'okay' for each and every sync.
    Last edited by mithras; 05/31/2006 at 04:46 PM.
    anyone else gotten gcalsync to work? It sat on "reading phone events" for a LOOONG time for me, maybe 5-10 minutes. Then, I got "failed to sync calendar."
    Quote Originally Posted by mithras
    And with the k9secpol.prc, you don't have to click 'okay' for each and every sync.
    What is this k9secpol.prc? and where do I get it?