Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am currently out of contract. Called *2 one hour ago, talked myself to Customer Service (retention), and was told that the 700P is not yet avaialble in their system. I hung up, and called back *2 and said "cancel", which took me directly to retention. Told them I had called earlier and was told that the 700P was not available, and said a friend here at work just told me he ordered one through them! The rep said, "oh, I just got an e-mail 5 minutes ago saying it is now available"! Told him I wanted one, he quoted me $499 after discounts. I told him Verizon is selling them for $400, and that I guess I would change services. He came right back and said I could have it for $400, no tax, shipping out overnight tonite! Short and sweet!
    Last edited by Mort; 05/30/2006 at 02:02 PM. Reason: correction 3
    Do you have to upgrade your contract?
    I got the same deal, taking the same approach. Short story, if you're out of contract, ask nice and you can get it for $399, no activation fee. No tax. No shipping. Maybe you can get a better deal, but this was pretty painless. I barely implied that I might cancel-- just told them I wanted to stay with Sprint and asked what they could do. Honesty works!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    I am currently out of contract. Called *2 one hour ago, talked myself to Customer Service (retention), and was told that the 700P is not yet avaialble in their system. I hung up, and called back *2 and said "cancel", which took me directly to retention. Told them I had called earlier and was told that the 700P was not available, and said a friend here at work just told me he ordered one through them! The rep said, "oh, I just got an e-mail 5 minutes ago saying it is now available"! Told him I wanted one, he quoted me $499 after discounts. I told him Verizon is selling them for $400, and that I guess I would change services. He came right back and said I could have it for $400, no tax, shipping out overnight tonite! Short and sweet!
    Same basic story for me. Did NOT have to upgrade plan. No shipping, or activation charge.
  5.    #5  
    Yes. Another 2 years......
    did everyone get a 2 year commitment to get the phone for $400?
    Coolio. Ditto.

Retentions wouldn't budge because my monthly bill is so small. Long time sprint customer, multiple accounts, yada yada - still nothing. So I tried this. Got order number.

The key is to say Verizon sells it. Now the wait.

EDIT: When I do the ESN swap, I will ask for the equipment upgrade rebate. Anybody think it'll work?
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 05/30/2006 at 01:14 PM.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    did everyone get a 2 year commitment to get the phone for $400?
    Yes that's a given.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    Quote Originally Posted by jakerome
    I got the same deal, taking the same approach. Short story, if you're out of contract, ask nice and you can get it for $399, no activation fee. No tax. No shipping. Maybe you can get a better deal, but this was pretty painless. I barely implied that I might cancel-- just told them I wanted to stay with Sprint and asked what they could do. Honesty works!
    JEEZ no offense but you paid much more than you needed to. If you have a good history of paying your bills the retention offer is NOT $400 -- it is between $350 and $300.

just check over at sprint users. plenty of people with $325, and $350. long term customers like myself got $300 very easy. no sshipping no activation.

moreover if you did not score some serious other discoutns at the time you need to CALL BACK (you have 14 days leverage from the clock ticking of renewing your contract). Other standard discounts include (10 to 25%) off plan or total bill, free mobile to mobile, deeply discounted powerrvision (with recuring credits), 7 pm nioghts free (if you are on a retention or old plan) 6 pm nights if you are a new plan that already includes 7pm, and serious discounts on additional lines and services on those lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero
    JEEZ no offense but you paid much more than you needed to. If you have a good history of paying your bills the retention offer is NOT $400 -- it is between $350 and $300.

just check over at sprint users. plenty of people with $325, and $350. long term customers like myself got $300 very easy. no sshipping no activation.

moreover if you did not score some serious other discoutns at the time you need to CALL BACK (you have 14 days leverage from the clock ticking of renewing your contract). Other standard discounts include (10 to 25%) off plan or total bill, free mobile to mobile, deeply discounted powerrvision (with recuring credits), 7 pm nioghts free (if you are on a retention or old plan) 6 pm nights if you are a new plan that already includes 7pm, and serious discounts on additional lines and services on those lines.
    How much is your monthly plan? Retentions looks at the bottom line - they are willing to work with you if your plan is substantially profitable. My grandfathered plan is so cheap, they want me to leave.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 05/30/2006 at 01:36 PM.
    Plenty of people? Maybe one or two from what I've read. There's one guy that has the need to repeat the deal that he got over and over I'm satisfied with what I paid
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!

I got the phone for $429 with free text messaging and a $50 credit, on top of the $75 credit I had when I spoke to retentions two months ago and mentioned I was thinking about leaving Sprint.

So I guess, I really paid $305 for the phone. Includes no activation, tax and free shipping. Plus I have my corporate discount (23%) and I think I will try and call back for the loyalty discount once I get my Treo.
    What's your plan? Right now, I pay $37/month, including tax, for a plan that has 500 anytime minutes, free roaming, Vision, 100 text messages, phone insurance, free m2m, unlimited n&w, etc. How much do you pay? More minutes than I know what to do with, more SMS than I know what to do with, I've used the insurance once, never got hit with an overage. Etc. Etc. Most of my friends pay more than that for minutes only w/ a dumb phone. And I actually overpay, as the family plan is 5 people and the total bill is typically $160-170/month.

So sorry if I left $100 on the table, it wasn't my intent to mortally offend you. I'm happy with the deal, and it will save me $100s in the long run vs. actually switching to Sprint.

Thanks guys! I'm on the phone with retentions right now and got the phone down to $400 dollars and all the discounts I mentioned in a previous post (15% off my bill, free upgrade to powervision with my $10 current vision plan)I'm planning on calling him back tomorrow night and finalizing my order and having it shipped overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakerome
    So sorry if I left $100 on the table, it wasn't my intent to mortally offend you. I'm happy with the deal, and it will save me $100s in the long run vs. actually switching to Sprint.
    Not offended at all, just that the thread seems to make look like this is a retretion deal and it is not. Normal Sprint CS are able to re-up you for the new customer price on a phone ($400 for the treo 700p) if you are out of contract.

Look at sprint userser it there are several dozen reporting retention prices from $300 to $350 with $325 being the average through retention.

My plan looks a bit better than yours and so do those paying less for the handset.

I didn't want to send you into a tither but merely to tell you and anyone glancing at this tread that $400 is the MOST anyone would pay if they were out of contract and the usual retention offer for 700ps out of contract is $350 to $300.
    Quote Originally Posted by rvr2k3
    So I guess, I really paid $305 for the phone. Includes no activation, tax and free shipping. Plus I have my corporate discount (23%) and I think I will try and call back for the loyalty discount once I get my Treo.
    good deal. no activation no shipping is standard. as with the 650 credit on sales tax is a doable competative credit with palm devices as is the common 10% off palm devices coupons. you do get billed for the tax on the final purchase price but you get a credit.

high loyalty discounts are difficult after a corporate discount, best method is get the loyalty at 10 to 25% and then go for a corporate. 25% on top of 25% is difficult.
    Anyone know the landline number of the *2 equivalent?
    Quote Originally Posted by camhabib
    888-211-4727 (consumer)
    800-639-6111 (bus,)
    This is a very useful thread! I called in and got:

2 year deal, $400, no activation, 500 free text messages, free shipping, $15 power vision, 15% off my bill.

No muss, no fuss.

I realize I might have gotten a bit more with some back and forth, but this was fine by me.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by camhabib
    this is the Sprint CS "Red" line - which puts you directly into the que for the higher level US CS reps - 866-306-7056.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast