Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    this is the Sprint CS "Red" line - which puts you directly into the que for the higher level US CS reps - 866-306-7056.
    It seems I have to hold for a good 15 minutes no matter what line I call.
  2. #22  
    Woo hoo!! UPS just came with my new Treo 700p ordered from Palm's website last Monday. Check out the various deals I was able to secure:

    From Palm:
    **$549 via Palm website's developer discount
    **free 1 GB card
    **$150 exchange for my nearly nonfunctional Treo 650 with cracked screen, heavily scratched casing and dismally performing keypad

    From Sprint:
    **$125 instant credit (explained to them that I had to buy from Palm b/c Sprint's not selling yet)
    **25% off bill (this is on top of the 27% corporate discount and 10% loyalty discount I already have in place)
    **$0 nights and weekends start at 7pm (was 9pm)
    **$0 unlimited text messaging (used to be free under old vision plan, now $15)
    **$10 Power Vision Ultimate (instead of $25)

    Really, could I possibly have done better????

    EDIT: I just did better! I got my $5/mo roaming (Free and Clear America) charge waived, and lines 2, 3 and 4 have no line charge (except for $5 regular vision per phone).
    Last edited by T-Love; 05/30/2006 at 05:08 PM.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by camhabib
    It seems I have to hold for a good 15 minutes no matter what line I call.
    My wait was only three minutes about an hour ago - called main line and said cancel...
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjma
    My wait was only three minutes about an hour ago - called main line and said cancel...
    Well I call the main number, talk to the regular person, they say they can't help me because I'm a corporate account holder. Fine. They transfer me to corporate accounts, and they say they can't help me because I'm transferring from Nextel to Sprint, they say that I need to contact porting. Fine. Contact porting, they say they can't help me because I already have an account on both Nextel and Sprint, and need to transfer me to another department. This department says I'm in the right department, but that they don't sell equipment and I need to contact sales. WTF?!? Anyone have the RIGHT number for me?
  5. robguz's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #25  
    I called the land line number, said cancel, got a very nice rep. I asked if I could upgrade to the 700, she looked it up and said I could get it for $679-$150. I told her Verizon has it for $399. She was able to match that, then looked for more offers, came back with $379, then said "oh wait, it's $649 not $679 so I got it for $349. $15 powervision but giving up free text & pciture mail. I've sent maybe 20 text messages in my life and 10 picture mails so I think I'll survive with this deal. I didn't push to try to get even more off. I had to mention the switch to powervision and she apologized for her error. Figure I can get at least $100 for my 600 & 2 cradles. Am very glad my phone bill won't be going up.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjma
    This is a very useful thread! I called in and got . . . 500 free text messages . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Love
    Woo hoo!!
    **$0 unlimited text messaging (used to be free under old vision plan, now $15)
    **$10 Power Vision Ultimate (instead of $25)
    Did your retentions reps have any problem getting you two the free text messages? Last month I was promised free unlimited text messages. However, when I ordered today around 2:30pm EST, my rep INSISTED that that credit code had been eliminated with their recent system upgrade. She said the best she could do was $8 for unlimited instead of $15. She [said that she] could not get me 500 or even 100 free texts. Any clues? I plan on calling back, but culd use some ammo. Thanks.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Did your retentions reps have any problem getting you two the free text messages? Last month I was promised free unlimited text messages. However, when I ordered today around 2:30pm EST, my rep INSISTED that that credit code had been eliminated with their recent system upgrade. She said the best she could do was $8 for unlimited instead of $15. She [said that she] could not get me 500 or even 100 free texts. Any clues? I plan on calling back, but culd use some ammo. Thanks.
    Best advice I can give: call back and get another premium addition (or subtraction). Every rep will tell you something different -- it took several calls to get all of the above "goodies" in place
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Did your retentions reps have any problem getting you two the free text messages? Last month I was promised free unlimited text messages. However, when I ordered today around 2:30pm EST, my rep INSISTED that that credit code had been eliminated with their recent system upgrade. She said the best she could do was $8 for unlimited instead of $15. She [said that she] could not get me 500 or even 100 free texts. Any clues? I plan on calling back, but culd use some ammo. Thanks.
    I tried for unlimited (which I had under previous plan) but she advised that was not possible. She immediately offered 500 free though as an alternative, which is plenty for me (only used 42 last month!).
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by camhabib
    Well I call the main number, talk to the regular person, they say they can't help me because I'm a corporate account holder. Fine. They transfer me to corporate accounts, and they say they can't help me because I'm transferring from Nextel to Sprint, they say that I need to contact porting. Fine. Contact porting, they say they can't help me because I already have an account on both Nextel and Sprint, and need to transfer me to another department. This department says I'm in the right department, but that they don't sell equipment and I need to contact sales. WTF?!? Anyone have the RIGHT number for me?
    I'm on a personal plan so I can share minutes with my daughter (though my company pays for it), so I didn't have that issue. Sorry.
  10. #30  
    Extremely happy with the deal Sprint retentions gave.

    I have two numbers, one out of plan (my wife's) one with 4 months left (mine). Both eligible for $150 service credit. I paid full price for my 650 last November -- $545 with tax at Costco. That phone, which has been babied, will be returned to Costco next week after getting the 700P up and running.

    Switched both phones to SERO 500 min plans last week, saving $25 a month over previous $50 per month (700 min fair and flexible) + $15 vision pro pack +$20 add a phone plan. After reading of deals, I thought I'd see what retention would do for 9+ year customers, even though I just switched and locked down new 2 year plans the week prior.

    Called and spoke to the nicest reps.
    Got my wife an A900 (sprint's answer to the Razr) for $80 shipped (it's regularly $350 and listed at $150 for new customers at the SERO site).

    Got myself a 700P for $329 (gave me a $350 credit) + free unlimited SMS + additional 10% off monthly. The rep also said I could send in a rebate for my standing $150 equipment credit as well (need to see if there is a rebate form out there for this) which could/would bring the cost down to $179. Very satisfied indeed.

    You do need to let them know that VZ has this phone for $399 out the door, that part was key.
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  11. BQ91's Avatar
    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #31  
    Well thanks to yall. I told them I was cancelling and was sent to retentions. I bought a 650 7 months ago, so am still in contract less than a year. I have a family plan, 2000 mins 9pm nights, free txt and vison., etc at $110. Been with Sprint since 1998. Also have a corp disc of 25% already on plan.

    So aafter 45 mins and telling them I am going to VZ, I get a the new Treo 700p for $349.00 could not get it at store, they are UPS me the phone this week and billing my account. I get 2200 mins, 7pm nights , free txt msg on my phone and wifes for 2 yrs, $15 dredit on Power vison, and 20% disc. on top of all that. So I get the phone for $349, plus get more mins and my monthly bill goes down, cant beat that I figured, so I took the deal. I ended up paying less for the 700 then the 650.

    Thanks for the advice on retentions yall saved me alot of $$$$
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Love
    Best advice I can give: call back and get another premium addition (or subtraction). Every rep will tell you something different -- it took several calls to get all of the above "goodies" in place
    Quote Originally Posted by tjma
    I tried for unlimited (which I had under previous plan) but she advised that was not possible. She immediately offered 500 free though as an alternative, which is plenty for me (only used 42 last month!).
    I called back earlier today and it worked. This time I got $8 unlimited text, with a repeating $8 credit per month. Thanks.
  13. joysbox's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #33  
    hmmm, lurker, but just bought 700p yesterday. Upgraded to 1000 min, 6pm nights/weekends, 10 power vision, sprint to sprint and something else I am forgetting. The 6pm thing surprised me, I had not heard about this. Long time cust. 8 years and all this for $40. paid 429 for phone.
  14. #34  
    I just got off the phone with retentions and all she would give me was the $150 dollar credit. I said, does it matter that I have 6 lines of service and my bill is over 200 dollars a month? No. Do you watch Verizon's price on the 700p? No. Should I call back and right from the get go ask if they match prices?
  15. #35  
    yep, they have "giving away" the 6pm thing for a little while now - I got it back in December. I guess it is easier to do since the Fair & Flexible plans now include 7pm N&W's.

    infinite - yes, call back!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    yep, they have "giving away" the 6pm thing for a little while now - I got it back in December. I guess it is easier to do since the Fair & Flexible plans now include 7pm N&W's.

    infinite - yes, call back!

    Will do, that lady wouldn't budge at all!
  17. #37  
    Why won't Sprint let me just buy the phone over the phone? They told me $429 after rebates but I HAD to order it on the web. What's up with this? What are you guys saying to these people?
  18. #38  
    When i activated the phone yesterday the rep insisted that I had to change to power vision. I said lemme just activate the phone, and eventually she did, but set my current grandfathered vision to expire today!

    I called back this morning and after explaining I got EVDO+PM+U/L SMS and PM for $5. Not bad at all And at $5 less than what I was paying before.

    All this of course is pending my next bill to make sure nothing got messed up of course
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions