1.    #1  
    Well...palm sent me a free coaster along with my 700p. The Palm desktop install cd that came with the 700 didn't work (and believe me...I tried it in all 4 machines I have in my house). So after an expletive-filled tirade, I decided to poke around the website to see if I could find a download. Unfortunately, the 'support' section of palm.com showed that the web download for the 700p wasn't available yet. *insert crying here*

BUT...if you are a member of the PluggedIn developer network, there IS a copy of the Treo 700p Palm Desktop in the developer downloads section.

So if you got a free coaster (non-working palm desktop cd) from palm, just download it from the pluggedin download section.

edit: Click Here for a direct link. You have to be signed in to PluggedIn for the link to work.

p.s. I'm still gonna call palm customer service and give them an earful.
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
    Another solution if you have access to an older operating system...

I had the same problem on my Windows XP machine. Tried the CD on an older Windows 2000 machine and it worked fine. Burned a copy of the disc on this older machine and voila, the copy works perfectly on the XP machine.