Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just called smartphone experts to inquire about the availability of the low profile crystal case for the 700P/W. I was told that they are testing the market with the case for the 650 and have not even begun to work on one for the 700. Just thought I would post because there seems to be alot of interest in this case for the 700. Were not gonna see it anytime soon folks.
    Just look for whatever cases are already made for the 700W. It is exactly same dimensions as 700P. In fact, try looking on Ebay for these...
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I like the Crystal Case for the 650 as well since it's virtually the same size without a case, and you get full body protection with a screen protector. All the rest of the hard cases are huge and feel like an Otter Box or something.
  4.    #4  
    Yup.........I was really disappointed to hear it wasn't even being thought of seriously yet for the 700. Oh well.
    Is this similar to what ur looking for? http://cgi.ebay.com/TREO-700-700W-CL...QQcmdZViewItem
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    No, that's the crap one. Huge, bulky, and a retarded cover on the screen.
    a link for those that don't know: http://hardware.smartphonetools.treo.../4-54--646.htm

Wish it had a belt clip or something. Kinda defeats the purpose if you have to put it in the Seidio skinned holster if you want to carry it on your holster.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I was looking forward to getting the thin clear case, too. I guess I'll have to settle for the thicker one for the time being.
    oo ok... that case looks pretty nice actually.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    Wish it had a belt clip or something. Kinda defeats the purpose if you have to put it in the Seidio skinned holster if you want to carry it on your holster.
    My Treo gets a pocket all to itself. The front left pants pocket, unless I'm wearing Docker Mobiles, shorts with cargo pockets or a jacket.

What I like about this case, over my current silicon case, is that this one should be easier to get out of a pocket.

I also have a bar coded card that I use to get into the gym which doesn't work through the silicon case, but it should work through the CyrstalCase.
    I'm pretty dissapointed that the CrystalCase isn't available for the 700 series. I've got a Krussel case on the way but it'd be really neat to see if the 700P could fit inside the Krussel with the CrystalCase, but I guess I'll have to wait.
    So what's this crystal case look like?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by chasely
    I'm pretty dissapointed that the CrystalCase isn't available for the 700 series. I've got a Krussel case on the way but it'd be really neat to see if the 700P could fit inside the Krussel with the CrystalCase, but I guess I'll have to wait.
    The Krusell is a very very nice case. I ordered a new one from ebay because my current one looked beat up. Having it totally covered yet having it still easy to use is essential, especially for accidental spills!
    CrystalCase for the Treo 650 is on the front page of TreoCentral's Treo Store (or you can just click here).

I was really looking forward to trying out a CrystalCase for my 700p after using the Vaja T65 for my 650 (it served me well, but I'd like to have the protection without increasing the size so much). Bummer if it's gonna be a while for the CrystalCase.

The SP Experts ClearCase headlining on TreoCentral at the moment almost had me thinking it was the 700p ClearCase until I saw the pics. A big ol' hinge on the side? A belt clip sticking out? And an SD card holder? No thanks. The Vaja PA165 (Vitelino) is the nicest alternative I've seen so far.
    why wouldnt the 700p fit in the crystal slim case? the dimesnions of the 700 and 650 are exact, keypad in the same position, camera in the same positon, and speaker looks to be in same position. Anyone try putting the 700p in the slim crystal case? i really want one for my 700
    post 7?
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    So what's this crystal case look like?
    they should put a screwhole in the back of the crystal case (if possible) so you can add a nubbin for a belt clip of some sort. that's what innopocket does with their magnesium cases so you have the option of with or without.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23
    why wouldnt the 700p fit in the crystal slim case? the dimesnions of the 700 and 650 are exact, keypad in the same position, camera in the same positon, and speaker looks to be in same position. Anyone try putting the 700p in the slim crystal case? i really want one for my 700
    if the clearcase is compatible with both the 650 and 700 series, wouldnt the slim crystalcase be compatible with the 700 as well in theory? anyone have one that could try it on the 700?
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    How is your screen protected with this? it looks nice.. but I'd be scared to wear it on my hip if the screen was facing out...
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    post 7?
    Ohhh lol completely overlooked that link... I was looking at post 5 then someone saying that wasn't it. Thanks! Looks good!
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    How is your screen protected with this? it looks nice.. but I'd be scared to wear it on my hip if the screen was facing out...
    It's not...I would never wear my Treo face out (even though I plan on putting mine in my pocket most of the time) just in case I were to bump into something. Screen protectors would help somewhat, I believe.

It seems like if your Treo faced out youd have to bend over to see the screen and do a couple extra steps to flip it around to use it in your hand. Then again, what do I know? I haven't even received my first Treo yet (scheduled delivery Friday )
Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast