Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Sorry if this seems like a stupid posting, but I'm wondering what exactly these types of cases are functionally doing. I've been using Treos since the 300, and have had the 600, 650 and now mulling the 700p (though waiting to see if the speed lag is resolved), and have never used any case for them (I've tried many leather cases over the years, but never liked the way they look or fit). While I've dropped them several times in the past, they never have broken or had the screens cracked like my old Pilot 1000 and PalmPilot Professionals did when dropped (way back!).

I'm wondeing if I've just been lucky or whether these cases are really just to protect from scratches on the case (which I always have my share of, but don't really mind). With the exception of the crystal case with it's screen cover, the portion of the device that seems the most vulnerable is not really protected by these, right? Seems like everyone is using a screen protector to protect that, but do they really make a difference? In the old days I tried a screen protector and never liked the gritty feel compared to the naked screen. Let me know if there is 'standard' in that regard!

Thanks in advance.
    Dave Haupert
    dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dhaupert
    Sorry if this seems like a stupid posting, but I'm wondering what exactly these types of cases are functionally doing. I've been using Treos since the 300, and have had the 600, 650 and now mulling the 700p (though waiting to see if the speed lag is resolved), and have never used any case for them (I've tried many leather cases over the years, but never liked the way they look or fit). While I've dropped them several times in the past, they never have broken or had the screens cracked like my old Pilot 1000 and PalmPilot Professionals did when dropped (way back!).

I'm wondeing if I've just been lucky or whether these cases are really just to protect from scratches on the case (which I always have my share of, but don't really mind). With the exception of the crystal case with it's screen cover, the portion of the device that seems the most vulnerable is not really protected by these, right? Seems like everyone is using a screen protector to protect that, but do they really make a difference? In the old days I tried a screen protector and never liked the gritty feel compared to the naked screen. Let me know if there is 'standard' in that regard!

Thanks in advance.
    Like yourself, I love the look of the treo and have not found a leather case that is satisfactory to me. I want a crystal case because it offers decent protection against scratches while keeping the treo looking naked. The surface material also makes it easy to slip into and out of a pocket. Also the relatively thin plastic does not bulk up the phone too much, which is nice. This is not the type of case that I expect to protect my phone from damage in a 30 ft drop or when falling in a puddle. I've never had either of those things happen and if they ever do I have insurance. I just want my treo to look new for as long as possible. I have not been rough with any of my previous treos, yet they all ended up with a few scuff marks. That is why I want a crystal case.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Not AVAILABLE YET...

I was in my local mall 2 days ago and a wireless kiosk had what looked like a thin hard case for the 650 no clip and the key portion was rounded up and it almost fit my phone... He said he would order the 700p version and have it in 4 days...If he does get it, I am going to go with that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsRandall
    Not AVAILABLE YET...

I was in my local mall 2 days ago and a wireless kiosk had what looked like a thin hard case for the 650 no clip and the key portion was rounded up and it almost fit my phone... He said he would order the 700p version and have it in 4 days...If he does get it, I am going to go with that one.
    Solano or Hilltop?

Mine is naked by the way. I returned the Body Glove base few days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism
    Solano or Hilltop?

Mine is naked by the way. I returned the Body Glove base few days ago.
    Solano
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsRandall
    Not AVAILABLE YET...

thin hard case.... what color was it? sounds interesting...
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Treo-600-650-700...QQcmdZViewItem

hey this looks cool, but I don't like how they squeeze in the 700 to also fit with the 650 and 600...
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Treo-600-650-700...QQcmdZViewItem

hey this looks cool, but I don't like how they squeeze in the 700 to also fit with the 650 and 600...

These cases typically dont fit because the buttons on the 700p are not rounded like the 650. I tried one very similar but it was really ordered for my sisters 650..
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Well, my time has run out. I almost had an incident with my 700p and I can wait no longer. I am heading Vaja. I really wanted this case but my baby can't wait any longer ciao
    _DeusI_Deus@hotmail.com
    If you are holding out for the Crystal Case, there are many cheaper alternatives to Vaja. It would suck to spend all that money on a Vaja just to ditch it for a $30 (or cheaper on eBay) case. Thaat was my experience with my 650. I ended up with a perfectly good Vaja case that I never used since my $6 eBay crystal case, that I bought later, worked better for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio on 6/25/2006
    It is coming !, may be around late next week or so . The new matching holster will also be available.

David Chang
    Seidio
    David, it has been nearly three weeks since your post. Any updates?
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    the wait is killing me.
    I contacted Seidio yesterday about this and was told that it is still in progress, but that it had been pushed back by other projects and that they don't know when it will be released.

Big Bummer.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    WOW I dont like that update
    Yeah . . . especially when we were told in a couple of weeks . . . I know a lot of people have been waiting for this case.

I gave up and tried Best Skins Ever.com . . . I don't know that I would try anything else. Give them a try . . . they are cheap. Worst case you remove them and try something else.
    Last edited by doitright; 07/14/2006 at 01:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    eh i just bought a silicon case now to protect my treo.
    Seidio will release the new crytal case for 700P/W today or tomorrow

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=396

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Seidio will release the new crytal case for 700P/W today or tomorrow

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=396

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    You mean next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Seidio
    Shipping for this items begins on Wednesday, July 26th!
    Hooray!!

I dropped my 700p at the bank yesterday. Luckily it hit a padded chair on the way down and it escaped with no marks.

I can't wait!!
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    Hooray!!

I dropped my 700p at the bank yesterday. Luckily it hit a padded chair on the way down and it escaped with no marks.

I can't wait!!
    You can place the order now

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast