Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    I have used the Sena magnet flipper case since they were first made for the Treo 650 and loved the case.

The flipper case they've made for the 700p doesn't hold as tightly. The customer service rep told me that she had heard there are magnets near the ear piece that interfere with the magnets in the case and can be adjusted in the preferences????? Does this make any sense and if so how can it be done?
    No, that makes absolutely no sense; there isn't any preference for adjusting the Treo for magnets... I wonder what she's been smoking...

FWIW, I have a Sena magnet flipper, and it never interfered with my 650, and fits my 700p pretty well too. I finally cut away the flip cover, and actually like it a lot better that way (with a screen protector of course).
    No Belt Clip=Perfect case for me.
    So, it sounds like this case is on it's way, but any news on when?

Bill
    David? Bueller? ETA?

We are early adopters...can't wait...must get Seidio crystal "pocket" case now...not to mention, the saran wrap keeps bunching up on my keyboard.

Please throw us a bone. Expected in a week? Three weeks? Two years? Or coming out with the next Blazer update? Anything.

And do we get a free Seidio t-shirt for contributing to the design phase? ;o)
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    There are several vendors on eBay selling a new type of rubberized hardshell case. Do an eBay search for "treo rubberized" to see what I mean. Anyhow I ordered a couple, one black one gray although they also come in several other colors. I received the cases today and must say I am very pleased. The fit of the case it much better then the slim crystal case. There are 4 small tabs that lock in place, very snug fitting, you can squeeze the Treo in your hand and nothing pops loose. There is a belt clip hump on the back of the case that accomodates a multi-adapt type of belt clip (the case comes with it). The hump is slight and is not too annoying if you choose to go clipless. The rubber coating is very nice, it feels just like the rubber coating on the new Palm Treo hardcase. Very smooth feeling and not tacky. This case is like a cross between the hardshell protection of the crystal/clear case, with the grippiness of a silicone skin. For the price ($5.99-$9.99 depending on vendor), you could buy every color and change back and forth. The black case looks slick on my 650. The wife says it looks like a Treo Batman would cary.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by chasely
    I'm pretty dissapointed that the CrystalCase isn't available for the 700 series. I've got a Krussel case on the way but it'd be really neat to see if the 700P could fit inside the Krussel with the CrystalCase, but I guess I'll have to wait.
    That is serious paranoia. What would be the purpose of this? I'm almost positive this will not work. As it is you have to stretch the Krussel to fit over a naked Treo. With another case underneath there is no way the Krussel will work.

I've been using a Krussel since I got my 650 and I love it -- 650 version fits the 700p perfectly, BTW.
    It looks to me like those rubberized cases are only for the 650, regardless of what the auction states. They appear to have the exact same form factor as the crystal case for the 650.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    There are several vendors on eBay selling a new type of rubberized hardshell case. Do an eBay search for "treo rubberized" to see what I mean...The black case looks slick on my 650. The wife says it looks like a Treo Batman would cary.
    Do you know anyone that has a 700 you could test one of these cases on? The formfactor looks like it would press down the red and green buttons like the curent crystal case does.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Do you know anyone that has a 700 you could test one of these cases on? The formfactor looks like it would press down the red and green buttons like the curent crystal case does.

Thats exactly the problem, I purchased one for my sisters 650 and it feels great however before giving it to her I tried it on my 700p . Well the top green and red buttons wouldnt even function the case on because it was pressing on them.

I am checking this thread everyday because the bulky 700p clear ebay cases are okay for now but I was sleek, slim and clear
    Last edited by MsRandall; 06/22/2006 at 07:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Sorry Stroths, I sent my 700p back to Palm and dont know anyone nearby with one.

I forget to mention 2 minor annoyances about this case...

* LED is covered
    * There is no cut out for the mic, as there are on the crystal and clear cases

I have used the crystal and clear cases and now after having used this rubberized case, I can honestly say I prefer it over the other two. The clear case was solid feeling, but bulky with the big latch on the left and belt clip screw hump on the back. The crystal case was more streamlined, but the clasps sucked, it kept popping open on me. This rubberized case takes the good points of the clear (solid feeling) and crystal (streamlined) and combines it with a nice velvety feeling rubber coating. Even with the 2 minor issues I mentioned about, I am still happy with this case. I dont know who the manufacturer is, but if they could correct this two issues AND add a reset hole (to accomodate a Seidio battery cover) this case would be awesome.

Now, if and when Seidio releases their crystal case / holster combo I am hopeful this case would work in the holster.

***Seidio***

If your reading these posts, you should pick up one of these rubberized cases and see how you can improve upon it to work with a holster and battery cover.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    The crystal case was more streamlined, but the clasps sucked, it kept popping open on me.
    This is my biggest concern. I keep my 700p in my pocket, so the case has to be sturdy. Popping apart would be a show-stopper. We included "study" in our "wish list"...we'll see how Seidio does with it.

This rubberized case takes the good points of the clear (solid feeling) and crystal (streamlined) and combines it with a nice velvety feeling rubber coating. Even with the 2 minor issues I mentioned about, I am still happy with this case. I dont know who the manufacturer is, but if they could correct this two issues AND add a reset hole (to accomodate a Seidio battery cover) this case would be awesome.

***Seidio***

If your reading these posts, you should pick up one of these rubberized cases and see how you can improve upon it to work with a holster and battery cover.
    These rubberized cases look very interesting. If they didn't look 650-specific, I would have pulled the trigger to try one out. If they made one without anything on the back and a reset hole (got my Seidio battery cover today), I'd be all over it.
    David,
    Any word on availability?
    Thanks
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    David,
    Any word on availability?
    Thanks
    ♫ Where oh where has our Crystal Case gone? ♪ Where oh where could it be? ♫

I need a Crystal Case. I've been using the OtterBox 1900 for my 700p until the Crystal Case arrives and my pockets are getting all stretched out!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    ♫ Where oh where has our Crystal Case gone? ♪ Where oh where could it be? ♫

I need a Crystal Case. I've been using the OtterBox 1900 for my 700p until the Crystal Case arrives and my pockets are getting all stretched out!
    It is coming !, may be around late next week or so . The new matching holster will also be available.

David Chang
    Seidio
    Will it have a cut out for resetting with out taking the 700P out of the case?
    Quote Originally Posted by pizenson
    Will it have a cut out for resetting with out taking the 700P out of the case?
    Yes, it will have a reset hole
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    I have been case-less for the last couple of days but paranoid too. I almost broke down and ordered a vaja case today but I really want a crystal case.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    It is coming !, may be around late next week or so . The new matching holster will also be available.

David Chang
    Seidio
    Thanks for the update, David.

Other folks can use the holster; I'm a pocket man myself. Have you had a chance to try out a prototype? Are the tabs secure -- i.e., does the case come apart in a pocket as you move around?

Can we pre-order? You can just have one sent from the manufacturer straight to my door.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I have one of these http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-23--641.htm on my 650 and I'm going to pick up another one for my 700p. I love the thing. I've tried (and reviewed) just about any kind of case you could name - they ALL have their good points and bad points. This one is probably as close to ideal as any I've ever used.

I never use a belt clip, my phones go into an inside jacket pocket or pants pocket. This plastic one snaps together tightly, it's NEVER popped open accidentally. The flip up window over the screen is so clear sometimes I forget it's there and start to tap on on it thinking it's the screen. Duh.. But it easily flips up with a thumbnail and clicks solidly back into place. The case docks perfectly with the INNOdock cradle, and has perfect cutouts for everything. And I like the clear look. It's sort of minimalist / futuristic looking, very low profile, and my only complaints are the SD card slot on the back is WAY too tight to easily slip a card in and out of it. (I might take a box cutter to it and try to shave off a little bit to make it a squinch wider).. and it's not hinged like the alunimum case my 700p is in.

I like Innopocket's alunimum case with the clear window and hinged lid, but it's cold on skin and even though it's textured, it's slippery. This plastic one is actually a little bit grippier, even tough it's very smooth plastic.

I have three brand new 700 leather cases from three different mfrs. sitting here and I tried all three of them on the p and they are all so damn tight I feared I'd damage the phone trying to get it out of them. Tug, wiggle, push, pull.. Completely unnaceptable. Plus they all have magnetic or snap-shut flip lids hinged at the bottom so they won't work with the cradle. Pouch or "side" cases aren't my thing - you have to take the phone out to do almost anything, and then you have a naked $650 device in your hands. Also unacceptable to me.

I started out with Silicone rubber skins. Liked them. Inexpensive, very grippy (won't slide off a car seat..) .. but tugging them on and off to get at the battery is a huge pain and after a few months all three of them snapped at a point where there was a very thin bridge of rubber. So I gave up on those. Speck's new Skin Tight case would be a real winner - thicker rubber with a flip up clear window (review going up tomorrow), but for some unfathomable reason, there's no cutout for the SD card slot or the IR beaming window. What were they thinking? I change SD cards a lot and beam a lot between devices, so that one's not for me either.

Anyway, the case linked above is my current favorite, and if the front half was hinged instead of snap on / snap off, and the SD card holder was maybe half a mm wider, I'd call it perfect.

Basically, even with dozens of styles, designs, and materials available I have yet to meet the perfect Treo case. Maybe I'm just too picky, or maybe it just doesn't exist yet. But I want to whip the phone out of my pocket and have fast easy access to everything on it. And it has to properly dock with that cradle.

So the SP Experts Clear Case is my current case of choice because it comes the closest to filling all my needs in a case.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    I might have tried the Clear Case had I not ever been introduced to the Crystal Case. The Clear Case is too bulky for me (I hate that clasp thing on the side) and I want absolutely nothing covering my screen (except for my screen protector). The Crystal Case seems to be a better option for pockets and such. Hopefully the Seidio version will be as slim as the SPE Crystal Case, but have a more secure fit. Add in the reset hole (and for some the custom fit holster) and I think I have my perfect case.

Seidio - I've been hitting your website several times a day almost all month waiting for this case. I sincerely hope it is worth the wait!
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast