Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    OK, your requirements are

- Thin
    - Clear
    - with belt clip (but with clipless option)

Do you like to see a slot to hold the extra SD card ?

What other requirements do you have ?

Seidio
    I also would either like just the same thing as the crystal case, or like this case below. I would like a detachable clip, since the way i have it set up in my car now, i use the krussel car mount and would only be using the clip while in my car for gps. I know beggars cant be choosers, so if was only a crystal case without a clip, i could add the multidapt clip from krussel.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...73&postcount=3
    Quote Originally Posted by aero
    I very much agree with those that dont want a clip at all.

my experience is that the great majority of smartphone users carry them in their pockets or purses. IN DC nearly everyone has a blackberry and the vast majority would have no use for a clip.

everyone has their own preference, but if it has a clip or even a clip mount it isn't coming in and out of my pocket easy and I have no use for it.

I would like the exact same thing as the crystalcase for the 650, there are already a million iptions for holster/clip people.
    Does that mean the clip is eliminated and also the SD card holder just like the crystal case for 650. What is the use of clip if we do not wear Treo face out ?

We are in the final stage of tooling. any changes need to be quickly made.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 06/11/2006 at 09:26 AM.
    Well I'm glad you have enough room in your pants to fit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    It's called a pocket.
    I never said don't make one without a clip. I just said to give people the option. Vaja and Sena give people options. Innopocket gives people a clip option. People are already talking about shoving this in an even larger case or holster, which will have a clip of some sort.

So why not give people the OPTION (key word here people) of being able to use this minimalist case with a clip.

I attached a pic of what innopocket did. They made one spot thick enough to put a threaded hole to screw in a clip if you wanted it. If not, there's nothing that protrudes.

This would be so it would face out. This and a screen saver is plenty of protection. With a clip it's like going one step better than a holster that would hold it face out. The nice thing then is, the screen is visible while on your belt. You could actually see who's calling, have some minimal functionality without removing it from your belt. Until the big brick pda phones came along, open faced holsters were very common among candybar style phones.

So if you're going to make a new product that directly competes with another EXTREMELY similar product, why not do something to differentiate yourself and make more people happy instead of alienating the same people the other product alienates?

That's why I'm looking for a case that lends the least bulk and ugliness while giving some protection from falls...i.e., CrystalCase or equivalent. I don't always wear a belt and don't care for the holster option. Yes, they'd be wise to make a version w/ belt clip, but if there isn't a clipless option, then I'll be looking elsewhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by crogs571; 06/11/2006 at 12:16 PM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Good point crogs571. Either make one model that has a removable nub or make two models. Sena is a good example as they make ones with a clip and the same models without.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    thanks. I personally like innopocket's idea as you only have to make one case. Then let the user choose if they want to screw on a clip or not. Worse case scenario is to throw on a multidapt, but I'd rather have a stock option and think a metal threaded on clip would be sturdier. The threaded insert on the innopocket case is about 3mm thick. To do that in half inch area is so minimal in the grand scheme of the case and still not nearly as bulky as that bulkier crystal case with the built in clip and big hinges.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.

- Thin
    - Clear

Seidio
    I can't argue against a belt clip for those who want to use one...but I'd selfishly hope that you'd make a separate case for them so mine would be smooth on the back (like the SPE CrystalCase for the 650). Any protrusions (even the smallest) make the case less pocket friendly. And even without protruding, holes or slots made to allow for a belt clip just mar the case for people looking for the perfect pocket case.

Another requirement, would be that the case snap around the 700p snugly and firmly. I don't want any hinges or snaps on the sides...it's got to be smooth all around. And it's got to be snug & sturdy so it's not coming apart as it goes in & out of my pocket.

Finally, it would be nice to have scratch resistant plastic, so as it goes in & out of my pocket, it's not covered with scratches after a week. But, figuring that it will take abuse over time, a nice low price would keep me coming back for occassional replacements.

BTW - I've already ordered my 700p Innodock in anticipation. Thanks!

And I agree with the others, an SD slot is useless. With 2-4GB SD cards available, there's no reason to be running around with a 2nd card.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    Does that mean the clip is eliminated and also the SD card holder just like the crystal case for 650. What is the use of clip if we do not wear Treo face out ?

We are in the final stage of tooling. any changes need to be quickly made.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I think most of us want something like SPE's 650 crystal case that fits the 700p body - that is, a hard case 1 mm thick that is barely noticeable. I don't think most people want anything sticking out the back - it should be flat and never more than 1mm thick. If you're going to have a removable belt clip, I'd hope that you wouldn't lose the flat thin back.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I think most of us want something like SPE's 650 crystal case that fits the 700p body - that is, a hard case 1 mm thick that is barely noticeable. I don't think most people want anything sticking out the back - it should be flat and never more than 1mm thick. If you're going to have a removable belt clip, I'd hope that you wouldn't lose the flat thin back.
    Thank you for the feedbacks. How is 2400 mah battery doing ?

- Thin
    - Clear
    - sturdy
    - No belt clip
    - No SD card holder
    - anti scratch
    - Cook breakfast ?

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    Well I'm glad you have enough room in your pants to fit it.
    It's not the size of your 700p that matters...it's how much RAM you've got and if you know how to use it.

Well...I want a CrystalCase for my 700p. But I'm hoping that the Seidio Pocket 700 with <1mm of form-fitting, clear, scratch-resistant plastic -- you won't even know you're using a case -- will be more durable and less expensive!

People will want to buy the 700p just to use the Seidio Pocket 700!!!

For those who prefer a belt clip option, either provide a holster for the Pocket 700, make a Pocket 700+ with belt clip on back, or both.
    Motorola Startac &rarr; Samsung SCH-8500 &rarr; SonyEricsson T608 &rarr; Treo 650 &rarr; Treo 700p

- Thin
    - Clear
    - sturdy
    - No belt clip
    - No SD card holder
    - anti scratch
    - Cook breakfast ?

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    And a version with a belt clip. I like my eggs sunny side up. Any idea on a timeframe before this is released?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer

- Thin
    - Clear
    - sturdy
    - No belt clip
    - No SD card holder
    - anti scratch
    - Cook breakfast ?

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I almost forgot...I ordered the Seidio 2400 mah battery the day I ordered my 700p. It's awesome. I was used to charging my 650 every night. Now I can go two full days of regular usage w/ my 700p. The 2400 mah battery is a must-have.

You're getting the idea with the case. A simple force-field would do best...but it would probably be a stretch, even for the 2400 mah battery.

BTW...I like my eggs over easy.
    Motorola Startac &rarr; Samsung SCH-8500 &rarr; SonyEricsson T608 &rarr; Treo 650 &rarr; Treo 700p
    If you add the option of being able to use a clip, I'd like to see it somewhere close to the top, either to the right of the camera or to the right of the speaker. That way it hangs down gracefully from your belt rather than sticking straight out sideways and being a big huge target....
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    David,
    Since these have already been sent to manufacturing, do you have an updated ETA for these cases?
    I am anxiousliy awaiting the arrival of my crystal case!
    Thanks
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    My post in #28 has a photo shown of belt clip area...but you don't have to put it on. I carry it in my computer bag. During the day if I want it on my belt I just put in the little bolt and put on the clip on the belt! http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...chmentid=11743

oh and I got it off ebay... it's cheap, but it works great!
    I'm also interested in this case for my new 700p, but withOUT the clip. I always keep my Treo in my pance pocket.

Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    - Thin
    - Clear
    - sturdy
    - No belt clip
    - No SD card holder
    - anti scratch
    - Cook breakfast ?

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Oops!

Did we mention a hole for the reset button? ...so you don't have to pull the case apart for a reset.

...and it encourages people to buy a Seidio battery cover.
    Oops!

Did we mention a hole for the reset button? ...so you don't have to pull the case apart for a reset.

...and it encourages people to buy a Seidio battery cover.
    Yes, the rest hole is included.

David

- Thin
    - Clear

Seidio
    Personally, I wouldn't want an SD slot if it adds bulk to the case. Slimmer is better.

I read all the negative posts on Treonauts about the current Crystal Case and its tendency to not stay shut; I'm sure you've read it too, but please make sure yours stays latched!
    Last edited by longterm; 06/17/2006 at 08:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I have used the Sena magnet flipper case since they were first made for the Treo 650 and loved the case.

The flipper case they've made for the 700p doesn't hold as tightly. The customer service rep told me that she had heard there are magnets near the ear piece that interfere with the magnets in the case and can be adjusted in the preferences????? Does this make any sense and if so how can it be done?

And btw--they have changed the leather and put a high gloss beeswax on it so it isn't as supple although they assure me with time it will relax.

Any ideas about magnets??????

Thanks,

JC
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Is there an estimated time on when this will be available?
    _DeusI_Deus@hotmail.com
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast