Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    Is this the bulky one or the thin one? Can any tell? At this price I may try it anyway. I presume this is the same one as on eBay.
    Only picture is on a Moto, but the 700w is listed in the pulldown. $7.35 shipped from HK. Shipping takes a couple of weeks.

http://contents.fifthunit.com/html/p...h/sku.391.html
    I just ordered one. i figure for the $8, what do i have to loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble
    I just ordered one. i figure for the $8, what do i have to loose.
    ditto that. I ordered one as well. Looking forward to the CrystalCase though...
    I'm glad it worked out for you! There are some amazing deals on EBay for Treo stuff. I will pay big money for a bluetooth headset but not for cables, chargers, headphones because the off branded "cheap" stuff on Ebay is pretty much the same quality as the brand name stuff! Well I am happy I can use this case on my Treo 700. BUT I noticed that there are little scratches & blemishes that form on the Treo from using this case. Little particles of dust & other stuff gets caught between the case & the Treo. No good!

I
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2
    Greeting, I got my clear crystal case from ebay I actually got the link from treocentral Ebay for $5 (I also got a car charger, and the usb syn cable!!) I think Treoneo posted link...sorry I forgot. I am still waiting for BSE (skin) for hot summer day. it's thinner

the clear crystal case fit pretty well...it's not a "tight" fit, but your treo will not move unless you push it hard (example, when I push the sync cable from the bottom). I didn't really care for the lid and the clip was usless to me.
    I'll probably get a hard care for the outdoor season

I took some photo hope it helps. cheers
    Hi Treoneo,

I notice the "dust" because I usually carry it in my pant pocket, but didn't see any scraches & blemishes...other than the little chip on the side due to my 2ft drop it's one of my reason I order the BSE since the clear case does shift a little (vertically). hope that would help. I am still keeping this case for my daily work... probably get a hard case for outdoor stuff.

I am also saving for BT headset. any suggestion? oh nevermind there are 2 or 3 thread on that topic

Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I'm glad it worked out for you! There are some amazing deals on EBay for Treo stuff. I will pay big money for a bluetooth headset but not for cables, chargers, headphones because the off branded "cheap" stuff on Ebay is pretty much the same quality as the brand name stuff! Well I am happy I can use this case on my Treo 700. BUT I noticed that there are little scratches & blemishes that form on the Treo from using this case. Little particles of dust & other stuff gets caught between the case & the Treo. No good!

I
    Thin case

This appeares to be a thin case, no belt clip, hard plastic etc...

Could this be what we are looking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by THROB
    Thin case

I saw this already. If that case is exactly as pictured then it won't work for the 700. It is only for the 650, and I think it is the same as the ones that TC sells (except it's blue ).
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    I saw this already. If that case is exactly as pictured then it won't work for the 700. It is only for the 650, and I think it is the same as the ones that TC sells (except it's blue ).
    Seidio is working the thin case for 700P and 700W. We will also release the matching holster. It is coming.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    no way to carry it without a holster? This is a great idea for going as bare as possible, but it gets screwed up by having to put it in something else. I guess I could attach a krusell multidapt to it and throw on a spring clip.

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Seidio is working the thin case for 700P and 700W. We will also release the matching holster. It is coming.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THROB
    Thin case

It looks identical to the one that daydeal.com has, which are similar to the crystal case, but has a belt clip. Its still not as bulky as the clear cases, but it doesn't fit the 700 either. Because the send and end keys are bigger, the case curves right on to them, pressing them down so the phone screen stays off.

I have both a crystal case i had for my 650, and my girl had the pink crystal like case that daydeal has, and neither fit on the 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble
    It looks identical to the one that daydeal.com has, which are similar to the crystal case, but has a belt clip. Its still not as bulky as the clear cases, but it doesn't fit the 700 either. Because the send and end keys are bigger, the case curves right on to them, pressing them down so the phone screen stays off.

I have both a crystal case i had for my 650, and my girl had the pink crystal like case that daydeal has, and neither fit on the 700p
    Seidio new crystal case will fit 700P and 700W. It is designed for 700P/W.

David chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Hi David, do you know if this thin case will be compatible with the palm cradle(the one with the extra batter compartment)?

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by kessomatt
    Hi David, do you know if this thin case will be compatible with the palm cradle(the one with the extra batter compartment)?
    Palm cradle is only for naked Treo. However, Seidio Innodock will.

Dvaid Chang
    Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    no way to carry it without a holster? This is a great idea for going as bare as possible, but it gets screwed up by having to put it in something else. I guess I could attach a krusell multidapt to it and throw on a spring clip.
    How strong is the doublesided tape on the Krusell multidapt? I don't like holsters either. I would rather Seidio make a version with a beltclip.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    David,

Any kind of clip options?

Seidio new crystal case will fit 700P and 700W. It is designed for 700P/W.
    The multidapt is pretty damn strong. I've put it on quite a few holsters as I've gotten some from ProClip to play with locations on holsters. What i've done is stick it on, put something over it and wrap a few rubber bands on it overnight. Then slide on the spring clip. The spring clip itself puts pressure against it so I'd say it's pretty strong. I recommend only using a fresh one as you need that gap on their tap for the tab to bend and secure the appropriate clip. On proclip's holsters they actually groove out a spot behind the multidapt for it to go into.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    no way to carry it without a holster?
    It's called a pocket.

That's why I'm looking for a case that lends the least bulk and ugliness while giving some protection from falls...i.e., CrystalCase or equivalent. I don't always wear a belt and don't care for the holster option. Yes, they'd be wise to make a version w/ belt clip, but if there isn't a clipless option, then I'll be looking elsewhere.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    Agree with 4spammers-no clipless, no business.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    It's called a pocket.
    I wholeheartedly agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    It's called a pocket.

That's why I'm looking for a case that lends the least bulk and ugliness while giving some protection from falls...i.e., CrystalCase or equivalent. I don't always wear a belt and don't care for the holster option. Yes, they'd be wise to make a version w/ belt clip, but if there isn't a clipless option, then I'll be looking elsewhere.
    OK, your requirements are

- Thin
    - Clear
    - with belt clip (but with clipless option)

Do you like to see a slot to hold the extra SD card ?

What other requirements do you have ?

Seidio

- Thin
    - Clear

Seidio
    That's exactly what I want. However, I don't really have a use for an extra SD slot. If I need more SD space, I will get a larger SD card.

Do you have a timeframe for releasing this case?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer

- Thin
    - Clear

Seidio
    I very much agree with those that dont want a clip at all.

my experience is that the great majority of smartphone users carry them in their pockets or purses. IN DC nearly everyone has a blackberry and the vast majority would have no use for a clip.

everyone has their own preference, but if it has a clip or even a clip mount it isn't coming in and out of my pocket easy and I have no use for it.

I would like the exact same thing as the crystalcase for the 650, there are already a million iptions for holster/clip people.
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast