Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast
    Purchased the case also with the reset hole battery cover. It really does interfere with my ability to utilize the keyboard and 5-way; too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgilfor View Post
    Just to recount my experiences with the Crystal Case for 700P:

I have had mine since it was first released. My initial impression was... WOW. After a short time, I realized that the case extended too far over the keypad and screen, thereby interfering with my Treo use.

I took my trusty Dremel tool (any roto-tool will do), and modified the case to fit the Treo like a glove. The case is now perfect (IMHO).

Oh, BTW, I have dropped my Treo/case combo on three or four occasions. Although the whole assembly flies apart, like those demolition derby cars I got as a kid, once collected from the floor and reassembled, neither my Treo nor case were any the worse for the experience.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Inquiring minds DO want to know...how is the finish when you grind the edges down to an acceptable level? Were you able to get it down to a clear finish? I also think the edges around the stylus needs some trimming to ease access, and you can round out the edge by the SD card to prevent the holster from catching, but this is an awesome case/holster combo!

The back & sides could also use some grips or textured finish to enhance grip. I dont think eGrips will be necessary, as it isnt that slippery and it might interfere with the holster. Just like they have the 'SEIDIO' name in raised letters, a few ridges or something would do the trick. I could see how this could raise tooling costs, so it might not be worth the increase-but could be something added if they are making a v2.0.

Lint is inevitable if you put it in your pocket. It cant be too hard to just take it off and wipe it clean once a month or so! Speaking of which, how do you get it off besides dropping it? Do you need to place a flat, thin object where the tabs connect?

I believe this to be one of the best products in the case arena, and Seidio is remarkable for their ability to listen to the target audience and respond soo willingly! I hope they increase their car holsters to hold a skinned Treo (maybe a generalized version that includes the bottom of the INNO.Dock and a spring-loaded clip like that on the Skinned holster attached by minimal material in between to fit a variety of Treo combinations without resorting to one of those adjustable side-pad cradles that inhibit the utilization of the side buttons). This may work for a variety of Palm products, if they continue to use the sync & charge connector thats currently in place. (If you produce this, I would love to have the 1st model for market testing).

But overall, a great form factor, great product!
    I really think a clear case would be the best option for me, but the problems with the crystal case have me looking for an alternative. The raised edges around the keyboard do offer some protection but are in the way for fast texting. Worse, the slot for the small tab that holds the 2 halves together next to the antenna is weak; weaker still because of the cutout for the toggle buttons next to it. The first time I snapped the case together the slotted piece broke off. I sent it back with an RMA (took several emails for a response) and installed the replacement VERY gently. All was fine for a couple of weeks until I needed to remove it for a reset. When I carefully put it back in place, the same tab in broke the same way. It isn't really usable as the fit is no longer tight and the broken edges are sharp.

I bought the crystal case/leather case set. I'm wondering if Boxwave's Flexiskin would slide in & out of the leather case easily enough... Too bad the crystal case's flaws are a deal killer.
    Make sure you send your suggestions to Seidio. I told them about the interference with the keyboard and they claimed that they have raised sides to protect the keypad. I explained that usability is just as important as protection. I suggested that they flair out the sides by the keypad and to give a little more space above the keypad also. They said they sent my suggesetions to the design team.

For those that modified their case using a dremel tool please detail what you did and how it turned out.
    I've dropped my phone around a half-dozen times, and while the case has flown apart each time, I'd have to say that it's done its job of protecting my phone. Of course, now the tabs are broken and I need to purchase a new one. I'd like to wait until they fix the usability issue. Anybody have a timeline if/when the new version is coming out?
    oy. i just ordered this case from the store here and i'm getting it on wednesday. hopefully it doesn't give me any problems otherwise, i'm returning it for another product. bah.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I was told that a revised version of the case will be out by the end of the month that fixes these problems. I'm waiting as I also need a new holster.

Anyone know when the revised crystal case will be available for the 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    I really think a clear case would be the best option for me, but the problems with the crystal case have me looking for an alternative. The raised edges around the keyboard do offer some protection but are in the way for fast texting. Worse, the slot for the small tab that holds the 2 halves together next to the antenna is weak; weaker still because of the cutout for the toggle buttons next to it. The first time I snapped the case together the slotted piece broke off. I sent it back with an RMA (took several emails for a response) and installed the replacement VERY gently. All was fine for a couple of weeks until I needed to remove it for a reset. When I carefully put it back in place, the same tab in broke the same way. It isn't really usable as the fit is no longer tight and the broken edges are sharp.

I bought the crystal case/leather case set. I'm wondering if Boxwave's Flexiskin would slide in & out of the leather case easily enough... Too bad the crystal case's flaws are a deal killer.
    i tried the boxwave skin with the palm leather holster and it fit in smooth, being that it is leather on the inside not like suade material u should be fine, i was actually looking to see which holster would fit with the boxwave skin, seidio crystal case holster or skinned one, being that the boxwave skin is allot thinner then regular skins
    Well, I stopped using my crystal case last month. I went back to my aluminum hard case. The crystal case was simply obstructing the outer edges of the keyboard too often for me. Otherwise, the crystal case is a great concept in need of minor refinements.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by IDtheTarget View Post
    I've dropped my phone around a half-dozen times, and while the case has flown apart each time, I'd have to say that it's done its job of protecting my phone. Of course, now the tabs are broken and I need to purchase a new one. I'd like to wait until they fix the usability issue. Anybody have a timeline if/when the new version is coming out?
    I have the same dilemma. I have dropped mine (from their holster, no less) 3 times, and now 2 of the tabs are less functional. It is still holding up, but deteriorating. I have modified my case (using a grinding wheel, and nail file) to lower the edges around the keyboard, D-pad, stylus opening, and sync connectors and I think the result has decreased the amount of material that the holster has to secure the case, making it a little shifty while it is in the holster. Maybe I will add a small piece of foam under the Spring-loaded clip of the holster to make it snug again. Still a wonderful and sleek case/holster combo!
    I just received my crystal case and after fiddling around with it, I have decided that it sucks and it's going right back. 10 mins of having it on my phone was enough..i was frustrated just trying to get the case off. bah. I should've never bought it.
    anyone who bought the crystal case along with the holster that goes along with it and the case broke or they no longer use it...are u interested in selling holster?
    Quote Originally Posted by aj80 View Post
    I just received my crystal case and after fiddling around with it, I have decided that it sucks and it's going right back. 10 mins of having it on my phone was enough..i was frustrated just trying to get the case off. bah. I should've never bought it.
    I cant take the case off..
    Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by osva; 10/17/2006 at 04:27 PM.
    i used a pin to pop open the snaps carefully not to break
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i used a pin to pop open the snaps carefully not to break
    Which pins the ones on top?

edit: ok someone opened it up. I dont know how.
    Last edited by osva; 10/17/2006 at 06:26 PM.
    when is seidio coming out with the new and improved case... end of month?
    hey guys,

new member here, but definitely not new to forums. im a moderator on a huge toyota forum. yeah i know, who cares

anyways, i purchased a 700p based on the advice of the members and reviews here. true to the words spoken here, the 700p does suffer from major lag issues. i will have to use the search button to find out a cure (if there is one). oh, chattermail ROCKS in comparison to the palm email application. i was a former product manager at everyone.net, so i was pleased to learn that they have a business relationship with chatter mail.

looking at cases, i finally decided to buy the seidio crystal case as well as the holster. here's my feedback:

- the inner portion of the screen is effectively blocked by the case. for example, if the little reminder/you-missed-a-call icon goes off at the top left hand corner of the screen, good luck trying to tap that with your finger. it makes my blood pressure rise to have to take out the stylus to tap it. and in previous threads, i read up top that someone took a dremel to their case to make it perfect. while this might be a good solution for someone w/ the skills to do that, this is NOT what a consumer should do. absolutely never. now if it is really true that seidio is redesigning this, SEIDIO, I WANT A NEW CASE!!!

second, the holster is clunky and makes me feel like i am wearing a walkie talkie from the 70's. yes, true, the treo is a little big itself, but the case makes it much larger than it should be. moreover, the bottom edge should be curved in shape, not blocky as it is.

and lastly, the belt clip mechanism is very flimsy. it wiggles. i had a motorola v60i case and that was sturdy and well built with firm, positive clicks in 8 positions (iirc).

overall, i think i made a poor decision. perhaps i shouldve purchased the flexible seidio case that they say doesnt obstruct the keys and screen as much, but that doesnt negate the cheap feel of the holster as well as the clunky form factor. i think seidio is on target and very close to designing a good, effective, stylish case and holster, but the minor things are too major to overlook.

bob
    Last edited by bobykim; 10/30/2006 at 01:02 AM.
    The only good Seidio case is the two-toned horizontal pouch. If you want a really good case for your 700P, get a BSE + Palm Flexi-Skin.
    seidio did release the new line of cases, the rubbery one and the new and improved crystal case, so i would say, fill out rma and return your case for one of the newer ones

if u are interested in a flexi skin, u can get a new one from ebay for about 19 bucks shipped
    bobykim, welcome to TC.

To reach the bell icon, hold down your center button for a few seconds. Even without the case, that bell is hard to press with your finger.

As far as a belt clip, I attached a Krusel multidapt universal on the back of they crystal case. This gives me a swivel clip that is very sturdy and I can remove the little knob if I want to put it in my pocket as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer