Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by karimkb View Post
    dunno if is been mentioned, but what bout shieldzone? I just installed it, and not only does it make your phone look a lot better, it also gives it a good grip and very good protection...

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_descr...EO700FULL.html

a cheaper alternative to shieldzone, a great product with superb csr service is best skins ever

a cheaper price but not a cheaper product

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...00w-and/Detail
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Just to recount my experiences with the Crystal Case for 700P:

I have had mine since it was first released. My initial impression was... WOW. After a short time, I realized that the case extended too far over the keypad and screen, thereby interfering with my Treo use.

I took my trusty Dremel tool (any roto-tool will do), and modified the case to fit the Treo like a glove. The case is now perfect (IMHO).

Oh, BTW, I have dropped my Treo/case combo on three or four occasions. Although the whole assembly flies apart, like those demolition derby cars I got as a kid, once collected from the floor and reassembled, neither my Treo nor case were any the worse for the experience.

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hi Dan,

Welcome "aboard." We are in the process of making modifications now.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Hi David,

Perhaps this is the wrong place to inquire, but I called Seido this week asking about the raised plastic sides of my new crystal case (I thought I just got a defective unit) now I see others have complained about this as well.

Since I see you mentioned you were making modifications, will current users of the 700 crystal case be able to exchange their current case for a "lower profile" case? I certainly hope you put a policy like this in place. I love the product, but find it makes the already tight Treo keyboard & 5 way Nav that much more difficult to operate, especially with the thumbs.

kindly

darkside
    Last edited by DarkTreo; 08/25/2006 at 07:26 PM.
    Just to add my own 2¢

I own the 700p Crystal Case and stopped using it about a week later. While snug, attractive and simple, the raised side was a major nuisance while typing and was not something I could overcome easily.

As a power-user (send email and sms all day long) I can't afford to use any case that interferes with the normal routine of typing. I don't want to "re-learn" another method or change the way I type simply to accommodate a case, no matter how nice it is.

I honestly feel this is something that should have been adjusted in the R&D of the case as it is an obvious problem as soon as you click the case together.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    I'm glad I didn't jump on the bandwagon so soon. Hopefully when I get a phone at the end of sept or oct the case will be fixed.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    i guess that's why I keep going back to the treo naked and caseless.

Cases either block the keyboard or add too much bulk.
    i ordered the crystal case before I read this thread.

After reading, I gave seideo a call to cancel my order. A guy named David picked up, and asked why I wanted to cancel. I referred to this thread where I read that the case was being re-designed, and I was just going to wait.

He then told me that the 700 case not being re-designed, and that he only knew of the 650 was going through some sort of re-design.

Whats the deal? I went ahead and canceled, and this sounded shady. Someone from seidio posts that a problem w/ the crystal was being fixed, but when I called in I was told otherwise (possibly the same person in both cases, since the post was from david silver, and the person who answered the phone 's name was david).

Can we get some clarification whether or not the crystal case for the 700 is being redesigned? And if so, what is going to be changed?
    was about to place my order for the case and battery cover with some styli. It was a $40 order and the shipping jumped to $10.15. Sorry, but shipping should not be 25% of the order cost on something as light as those items.
    I'll pass for now.
    You can place the order now

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Yes, seems seidio has a tad overpricing with shipping, seems they are trying to make up for the discounted bundled prices!

Discount one place, add another place

i just received this case which i love, does not get in the way with keypad and doesnt add bulk...can also be put ontop of the BSE

http://www.boxwave.com/products/flex...-700p_1260.htm

http://www.boxwave.com/images_bw/pro...eo700_main.jpg
    well I just went with italian g actually. Not the biggest fan of silicone, but my sena leather skin keeps sliding and covering up my send and end buttons causing me to disconnect calls all the time because I press on the leather accidentally. So that's going back to Sena. Would like to just throw a multidapt on the crystal case, but it seems like it shares problems with other form fitting hard cases (at least for now).
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    well I just went with italian g actually. Not the biggest fan of silicone, but my sena leather skin keeps sliding and covering up my send and end buttons causing me to disconnect calls all the time because I press on the leather accidentally. So that's going back to Sena. Would like to just throw a multidapt on the crystal case, but it seems like it shares problems with other form fitting hard cases (at least for now).
    Its a cool feeling, not real silicon

FlexiSkin™ for Palm Treo 700p

Enhanced with new SmoothTexture™! SmoothTexture™ makes the FlexiSkin™ feel softer to the touch and reduces surface dust.
    I wonder what holster would work good with the boxwave case, maybe the skin holster...hmmmm

or might just have to get boxwave one with clip, wonder if clip is any good

crogs, u ordering one with clip ?

if so can u let me know how it is
    Yeah, I was wondering if it was more like the kraton cases in that case. We'll see when it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    Its a cool feeling, not real silicon

FlexiSkin™ for Palm Treo 700p

Enhanced with new SmoothTexture™! SmoothTexture™ makes the FlexiSkin™ feel softer to the touch and reduces surface dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybert View Post
    i ordered the crystal case before I read this thread.

After reading, I gave seideo a call to cancel my order. A guy named David picked up, and asked why I wanted to cancel. I referred to this thread where I read that the case was being re-designed, and I was just going to wait.

He then told me that the 700 case not being re-designed, and that he only knew of the 650 was going through some sort of re-design.

Whats the deal? I went ahead and canceled, and this sounded shady. Someone from seidio posts that a problem w/ the crystal was being fixed, but when I called in I was told otherwise (possibly the same person in both cases, since the post was from david silver, and the person who answered the phone 's name was david).

Can we get some clarification whether or not the crystal case for the 700 is being redesigned? And if so, what is going to be changed?
    Yup, it was me both times. We are looking at the crystal case but have no time line as to when or if it will be updated, as the majority of feedback has been positive. We always do our best to enhance our products and update them as we determine the necessity for it. Some of our holsters have gone through 4 revisions or more. Everything is being looked at now - I can't tell you at this point what will or won't be redone, but it won't be in the immediate future. It wasn't meant to "shady;" I supply information as it is presented to me and sometimes that information changes.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    was about to place my order for the case and battery cover with some styli. It was a $40 order and the shipping jumped to $10.15. Sorry, but shipping should not be 25% of the order cost on something as light as those items.
    I'll pass for now.
    We are looking at our current shipping methods and doing our best to make shipping pricing more reasonable. I can certainly understand your frustration - a 25% shipping cost is not reasonable. As soon as we have a solution, we will implement it.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    that's good to know. Till then, will just have to wait till the products get sold on here. Thanks for the response.

We are looking at our current shipping methods and doing our best to make shipping pricing more reasonable. I can certainly understand your frustration - a 25% shipping cost is not reasonable. As soon as we have a solution, we will implement it.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    ... We are looking at the crystal case but have no time line as to when or if it will be updated ...
    David,

After several weeks with my Seidio Crystal Case on my 700p, two suggestions for version 2.0:
    • Lower edges around keyboard to reduce interference with edge keys
    • Increase the opening at the bottom slightly to accommodate a synch/charge plug. It amazes me that my Sedio sync/charge plug doesn't fit unless I force it and that has broken the bottom-right snap of my Crystal case!

In my opinion, the Seidio Crystal Case is almost perfect. It's just enough protection without significantly increasing the size of the phone. With some minor tweaks, it could be an ideal case for pocketing a Treo.

David ... please push for a version 2.0 sooner than later. If you wait more than a few months, I'll be looking past the Sedio case and onto the 750p ... or 800p? Or maybe the 800linux.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p

have u received your boxwave case yet, did u get the one with the clip

i wish i knew which seidio holster would fit with that case, not sure if the clip that comes with boxwave is any good...?
    first timer here...

do you NEED the innodock to charge/sync with the case on?

i'm a 700w user and verizon didn't send a dock for the 700w just the cord and charger

PLEASE thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by euge View Post
    first timer here...

do you NEED the innodock to charge/sync with the case on?

i'm a 700w user and verizon didn't send a dock for the 700w just the cord and charger

PLEASE thank you
    No, you do not need the innodock. The connectors on the bottom are not covered, so your sync/charge cable will fit fine with the case on.

EDIT: Remember that if you want to charge with the sync cable, you must plug the charger cable into the head of the sync cable.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer