Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EricDMiller
    i havent seen this "slim case" on their website. can you provide a link?

he is just referring to the crystal case, the newest one released by seidio, the next one is the rubberized one, if it will makes it to production....

Crystal Case
    You know, I really think with a small amount of modifications, the Crystal Case can be absolutely perfect. As it is now, there is some room for improvement. I really want for this case to be the best it can be because I like the overall concept a lot. Even if it costs a little bit more than the original price to have the modifications made, I'm game for it.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    treo 700 rubber case

http://www.wirelesscloseout.com/stor...productid=9256

http://wirelesscloseout.com/store/pr...?imageid=11580

Cellet came out with a new case ?
    ebay

the one above looks different than this one, missing the bar that runs under the screen, this one is said to be for the 650

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/excha...r/treoporf.gif
    Last edited by italiangspot; 08/10/2006 at 10:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot
    he is just referring to the crystal case, the newest one released by seidio, the next one is the rubberized one, if it will makes it to production....

Crystal Case

i am guessing that you cannot use the cradle with this case? does the case make it too large to fit into the charging cradle? couldn't locate anything on their site addressing that issue...
    I had the non-slim version of the crystal case on my 600. I liked it quite a bit, even if it flied around in all directions when the phone was droped. I was impressed that it did not break. I ended up returning it for one reason: when used with the belt clip, it started to squeek when walking
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90
    I had the non-slim version of the crystal case on my 600. I liked it quite a bit, even if it flied around in all directions when the phone was droped. I was impressed that it did not break. I ended up returning it for one reason: when used with the belt clip, it started to squeek when walking
    "...must be the leaves rustling"

you reminded me of the "swishy pants" seinfeld episode (with george).
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyNale
    i am guessing that you cannot use the cradle with this case? does the case make it too large to fit into the charging cradle? couldn't locate anything on their site addressing that issue...
    they made a case just for that i guess..

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi,

Not sure what kind of problem you're having. We've tested the crystal case with the INNO.DOCK here and have docked it without a problem. Because the connectors move, you should be able to get it to connect.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by EricDMiller
    they made a case just for that i guess..

I saw the info about the Inno.Dock but I have the Palm dock. The Inno.Dock basically just has extended plugs to give a little clearance at the bottom and sides, but the Palm is very tight. I am 90% sure it will not work in the Palm dock so I went ahead and ordered the Inno.Dock also, along with the battery cover with the reset hole, and the screen protector, and the crystal case, and.... lol it's hard to just order one item...
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I just wanted to give some feedback on this case.

Overall I like the case/holster and I will keep it as my primary case.

Issues(to me):

When I received the case, I noticed that the snap point near the antenna wasn't staying consistently closed, so I just watched to see what issues this might cause. On the second day I just had to test the case by promptly dropping it onto a "Warehouse Clubs" floor, meaning sealed concrete. The drop was from belt height. On impact, the case popped open, so i had three pieces, two from the case and one being the phone. No damage to the phone, so the case did its job with the exception of coming apart. I don't know what the design criteria was, so I will let that stand.

What I have done to keep the case together the next time I want to test it, is I cut small strips, six total, from an extra BSE skin that I had and covered each of the connection points. This is three on each side. If it comes apart now, then I have other problems.

It does take more effort typing on the keyboard with the case in place, but it's nothing that I can't adjust to, but diminishing some of the material in future cases would be an improvement.

The case could have used a more rounded edge at the cutout around the SD card slot. I find that the holster catches here at times.

Thanks,

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by 4_low
    I just wanted to give some feedback on this case.

Overall I like the case/holster and I will keep it as my primary case.

Issues(to me):

When I received the case, I noticed that the snap point near the antenna wasn't staying consistently closed, so I just watched to see what issues this might cause. On the second day I just had to test the case by promptly dropping it onto a "Warehouse Clubs" floor, meaning sealed concrete. The drop was from belt height. On impact, the case popped open, so i had three pieces, two from the case and one being the phone. No damage to the phone, so the case did its job with the exception of coming apart. I don't know what the design criteria was, so I will let that stand.

What I have done to keep the case together the next time I want to test it, is I cut small strips, six total, from an extra BSE skin that I had and covered each of the connection points. This is three on each side. If it comes apart now, then I have other problems.

It does take more effort typing on the keyboard with the case in place, but it's nothing that I can't adjust to, but diminishing some of the material in future cases would be an improvement.

The case could have used a more rounded edge at the cutout around the SD card slot. I find that the holster catches here at times.

Thanks,

Brian

You are very brave for doing the drop test experiment. Thanks for your observations! I will wait til mine drops to the concrete, unintentionally of course, and will report back here too. By the way, I notice it's your first post, so welcome to TC!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNeopet
    Hi David-

Thanks so much for your wonderful products- I already own the 2400mAh extended battery and the "dual-head" sync & charge cable, so I can charge/sync my Treo 700p and new Treo Ultralight bluetooth headset at the same time- both accessories are indispensible when traveling with my laptop!

Neo
    Hi Again David,

Any possiblity of offering your loyal treocentral members and avid supporters a "Coupon" or "Discount Code" for say 10% or 15% off of any order on your website? In searching the web, have noticed that you have occasionally offered such discounts to other treo users, and was hoping you might consider it again. It would be MUCH appreciated and might encourage me to order even more stuff from you on my next order!

Thanks again for your great products.

Neo
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hi
    Just a note to say that the Crystal Case will be in stock in TC's store shortly. A review went up on our front page yesterday. We probably should have held it until the case was in stock in the store. Anyway, TC will have it in stock shortly. Me, I use the SPE clear case (on my 650).. because I like its added screen protection provided by the flip-up clear window over the screen. Some people think the flip up clear "door" in front of of the screen gets in the way. I disagree and think you can't have too much screen protection, especially when you carry a Treo in your pockets like I do. So I like smooth-backed cases with no belt clips. My 700p lives in a Rhino Skin aluminum case with a clear front window on its front door. I've tried a bajillion different kinds of cases and as much as I like leather, these two styles, neither of which are leather, are my favorites. And they both work with Seidio's INNOdock cradle, probably the best Treo cradle ever designed, in my opinion.. But hey, buy what you like. Anyway, I just wanted to say that TC will have the new Seidio Crystal Case in stock shortly. When they do, we'll modify the review and add a TC store [buy] button to it.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    I just ordered the Clarity Kit (a VERY good idea!), and since I was already on the site, I ordered a 3-pack of stylii which I've been needing, and a set of screen protectors, again which I've been needing.

Seido, the bundles are a great idea, that's what prompted me to purchase from your website instead of waiting for TreoCentral.
    Hi All,
    1st time to post.

I am in the process of returning my Seidio Crystal Case for the 700p for one single reason. The plastic cut out for the keyboard buttons is too small. It encroaches on the outer ring buttons (e.g. space bar etc). Otherwise, I liked the look and feel of it. I hope they modify this in the future.

It does work very well with the swivel clip holster.

Dan
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    You are very brave for doing the drop test experiment. Thanks for your observations! I will wait til mine drops to the concrete, unintentionally of course, and will report back here too. By the way, I notice it's your first post, so welcome to TC!
    Brave...more like sick.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by dtcbos
    Hi All,
    1st time to post.

I am in the process of returning my Seidio Crystal Case for the 700p for one single reason. The plastic cut out for the keyboard buttons is too small. It encroaches on the outer ring buttons (e.g. space bar etc). Otherwise, I liked the look and feel of it. I hope they modify this in the future.

Dan
    St. Louis
    I've been using the crystal case for a week or so now, and I like it. It's true that it encroaches on the keys and 5-way navigator just a bit too much, but I have callouses forming and it's all good! I can't honestly see how they could move the material away from the keys and still provide the protection to the phone.

Seriiously, I dropped the phone from about 4 feet two days ago, onto a hard tile surface. The case went flying off of the phone, but the phone was fine! Which is exactly what i wanted/needed, protection for the phone.

The phone/case slides easily into my pocket, but I bought the holster that's part of the bundle, and they work very well together. I'm very happy with the combo.

Also, I bought the Seidio battery cover with the reset hole. This is awesome! I have used three or four cases, with different levels of protection. Unfortunately when I have had to do a soft reset, it was a serious pain to get the case off enough to open the battery compartment. Now I just shove the stylus into the hole, and voila!

My one real complaint is that I have a Seidio USB connector/charger retractable cable, and it's a bit of a pain to get it situated so that it has a good connection with the phone for hotsyncing/charging. Other than that, I'm very happy.

Yep, I am one satisfied customer, believe you me!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtcbos
    Hi All,
    1st time to post.

Dan
    St. Louis
    Hi Dan,

Welcome "aboard." We are in the process of making modifications now.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    dunno if is been mentioned, but what bout shieldzone? I just installed it, and not only does it make your phone look a lot better, it also gives it a good grip and very good protection...

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_descr...EO700FULL.html
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    if the clearcase is compatible with both the 650 and 700 series, wouldnt the slim crystalcase be compatible with the 700 as well in theory? anyone have one that could try it on the 700?
    Unfortunately, the thin crystal case is JUST a little too small for the 700.. I tried
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hi Dan,

Welcome "aboard." We are in the process of making modifications now.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    wow, i am extremely happy to hear about the modifications

All cornor keys and 5 way navigator should be clear from plastic and also the plastic that borders the screen should also be taken back, being that is was a slight issue using the scroll bar on the screen in different applications

allot of people can get used to the way it was but for those on the go and in a fast environment u dont want to be using two hands and working around the case, the case should work around the phone

i wonder if the rubberized case is coming out with these mods...?