Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast
    I submit to the owners of the Crystal Case, but when looking at the picture of the unit on Seidio's website, it doesn't appear to interfere with any keys at all. Is this a really well made unit or do you have to use it to experience the key interference.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    I submit to the owners of the Crystal Case, but when looking at the picture of the unit on Seidio's website, it doesn't appear to interfere with any keys at all. Is this a really well made unit or do you have to use it to experience the key interference.

I'm attaching a closeup picture of the Crystal Case and you can see the case is elevated near the edge of the keyboard. -Casey.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I just wish they would make a black version of this case! Please! And wow that rubberized case does look cool!
    i currently have a thick plastic clear case that fits my 700p. i love it. it has a flip down clear cover for the screen. i bought it off ebay. it has a screw in back for the clip.
    My bigger gripe with the crystal case is its inability to dock with the Seidio innodock due to the width of the plastic at the bottom of the case.
    selling my crystal case if anyones interested, selling for cost and ill cover the shipping.
    pics upon request, best way to contact me is aim: mobilemonkeee
    also selling as well, figure i ask forum buds , incase they want to save a few bucks before i send back to seidio, my RMA got approved so let me know

asking $45, includes shipping, UPS ground

comes with every piece of plastic, paper that came with item originally, never left house with case on, made my decision pretty quick that it wasnt for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I'm attaching a closeup picture of the Crystal Case and you can see the case is elevated near the edge of the keyboard. -Casey.
    is this elevation from the keyboard annoying or inconveneint?
    Quote Originally Posted by EricDMiller
    is this elevation from the keyboard annoying or inconveneint?

The elevation makes certain keys (eg: Q, A, P, Enter) more difficult to press down. So to answer your question, it would be both annoying and inconvenient. Other people's experience may vary, of course.
    Casey
    The elevation makes certain keys (eg: Q, A, P, Enter) more difficult to press down. So to answer your question, it would be both annoying and inconvenient. Other people's experience may vary, of course.
    is it worth it for the case to have to deal with this? or are there any alternative cases without this?
    Quote Originally Posted by EricDMiller
    is it worth it for the case to have to deal with this? or are there any alternative cases without this?
    Is this question for me? I sent you a P.M. message.
    Casey
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Just got the case in the mail at work but can't use it yet since I left my phone at home. Anyway, I noticed that the case just by itself doesn't snap-fit together especially the bottom latches. Did everyone's case come like this? -D
    ya, once u put on the phone it will snap shut

u will be rushing to unsnap it off though, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by enagel
    My bigger gripe with the crystal case is its inability to dock with the Seidio innodock due to the width of the plastic at the bottom of the case.
    Hi,

Not sure what kind of problem you're having. We've tested the crystal case with the INNO.DOCK here and have docked it without a problem. Because the connectors move, you should be able to get it to connect.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Casey,

Is it causing that much of a problem, or is it just a matter of getting used to it? As you say above, other users experiences may vary. In trying it hear, it didn't seem to cause any major letter access problems.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot
    ya seidio i feel is very stricked with return policy and not on the top of the list for customer satisfaction, no refunds on the pricey shipping and 15% retocking fee if plastic is open, i wonder if u have to pay as well to ship the item back to them, at the end u are getting back like a $1, love how these buinesses run these day

We have a 14 day no-questions-asked return policy as long as the item is in as new condition. You're right, we don't return shipping costs, but that is usually true across the board. If returned in the 14 day window, there is no restocking fee. We are continuing to look in to ways to make our shipping costs more competitive and hope to have more options in the future.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    http://www.senacases.com/treo700wmagnet/s3.jpg I am still not shutting the door on seidio as of yet, waiting to see the rubber case and will purchase if they shave down some areas, the bar that goes under the screen, the plastic that runs around the whole screen, keep in mind that people use scroll bars and also have to push buttons on the bottom of the screen and dont want to be using stylus , especially while driving in car....also the casing around the keyboard, make it lower than the keys themself, so u can feel that u are pushing down the buttons and dont have to double check if u are pushing down the plastic case or the button, i feel guys are having more difficulty with the case than girls, being that they have nails.

Everyone is just waiting for the case that slips on and u dont even know is there and provides the protection.

The snap closure, u might think about more of a sliding interlocking rather than a push in and pull apart like this case has, after a few times of taking on and off to change batteries will def cause some problems

maybe something like this
    http://blog.treonauts.com/RB1Rubberized05.jpg

or something like u slide the casing in the front up while sliding the casing in the back down ,to open the case
    Last edited by italiangspot; 08/08/2006 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Casey,

Is it causing that much of a problem, or is it just a matter of getting used to it? As you say above, other users experiences may vary. In trying it hear, it didn't seem to cause any major letter access problems.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com

David,

I'm keeping my Crystal Case. I'm willing to give it time to get used to it. The word "annoying" may be too harsh. But I do personally find it "inconvenient" pressing certain keyboard buttons because of the elevation of the case, both for the keyboard and the screen. I use my thumbs (not fingers) for typing on the keyboard, so my thumbs have a little bit of difficulty pressing down on certain keyboard buttons. Also, tapping on the far corners of the screen with my finger is a bit difficult with this case on. I know that others may not use the keyboard at all, and may prefer to use either Graffiti or the *virtual* keyboard. So as I said, everyone's opinions and mileage will vary of course.

David, my suggestion is this: if in the future you decide to sand down the elevation of the keyboard, plus to make the screen more easily accessible to tapping with fingers, this would be a huge improvement. I'd be happy to order another Crystal Case again with these changes!

As I said, I'm keeping my case. At $20 the cost is right, and not excessive at all. By the way, I like the other accessories I bought, such as the external USB A/C charger, extended battery, reset hole back cover. These work great! All in all, you guys have very nice products. -Casey
    Last edited by Casey Cheung; 08/08/2006 at 10:45 AM.
    Casey
    I have the new slim case from seidio and I love it. it protects the phone and looks good on the treo. you do have to make a minor adjustment to how you press the keys, it's really not that big of a deal unless you have really big fingers. all in all it's still the best case out imo.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    I have the new slim case from seidio and I love it. it protects the phone and looks good on the treo. you do have to make a minor adjustment to how you press the keys, it's really not that big of a deal unless you have really big fingers. all in all it's still the best case out imo.
    i havent seen this "slim case" on their website. can you provide a link?