Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
    1--> if u are going to be using the case to open and close for swapping batteries... good luck, not easy at all and i am sure after some time those clips will give way, would not recommend if u change the battery offten..that is why they recommend getting the battery cover with reset hole

2--> no reduction in voluime, all speakers are open

3--> I dont think it is as slippery as the naked phone but def still a little easy to drop, its basic type plastic, it sorta feels like holding a soda bottle, they are coming out with a rubberized case, if u can wait...hold off for that

4--> read above on buttons, the girls are having better access to buttons and scrolling on screen with nails but guys with bigger fingers and no nails might have an issue, i felt i did, the case is the same height as the buttons and real close to them on the side so kinda not the easiest, the space bar is fine because that is a big button
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    For the people who have already received theirs, a few questions.

1. How easy is it to (as in how quickly can you) open up the Crystal Case and replace an empty battery?

2. Any reduction in handset volume with the case?

3. How slippery is it? Do I still need to put egrips or Best Skins Ever on the Crystal Case?

4. Do you have hindered access to the space bar and red and green buttons on your case? How much of a problem is this to you?

Thanks.

italian hit the mark exactly with his comments, day 1 and dust seems to be from the bottom. Im going to give it another few days and see how it goes becusae its a nice case, just these flaws are making it seem that its not worth it.

to pureinstinct above question #4 its annoyance really depends on how you use your treo. I use mine as someone would use a sidekick and chat alot. So when most of my text doesn't get spaced out becuase the bottom covers the spacebar alittle it gets kind of annoying. If they fixed these problems it would be a WONDERFUL case.
    I agree that with the case on, it's now a bit harder to tap the corners of the screen with my finger. Even tapping the battery icon is hard to do through LauncherX, including tapping the bell icon in phone app for dismissing a message alert is equally difficult.

The keyboard buttons to the far right and left are now a little hard to press down because the case is elevated just enough to make it a small obstacle. Also, yes, the case does collect dust inside, especially because I always place my Treo inside my pance pocket. This is inevitable, and I don't consider this a flaw.

Snapping the case on and off seems a little dicey to me, and I hesitate to do this too often.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I agree that with the case on, it's now a bit harder to tap the corners of the screen with my finger. Even tapping the battery icon is hard to do through LauncherX, including tapping the bell icon in phone app for dismissing a message alert is equally difficult.

The keyboard buttons to the far right and left are now a little hard to press down because the case is elevated just enough to make it a small obstacle. Also, yes, the case does collect dust inside, especially because I always place my Treo inside my pance pocket. This is inevitable, and I don't consider this a flaw.

Snapping the case on and off seems a little dicey to me, and I hesitate to do this too often.
    yea my treo is a pocket dweller too and your right that dust is inevitable. I''ve always liked how sleek and clean the treo looked, and the dirty case kinda throws me off. but i guess the protection of the case beats the unprotected sexyness of a nanked treo
    If anyone is interested in purchasing the crystal case and holster in which i bought from seidio let me know, otherwise i am going to return items. Your chance to save a few bucks, prob going back to bestskinever for now, anyone have any extras of those hanging around let me know, i took mine off like a dummy to put on this crystal case so now i have to purchase another one.

PM me
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot
    If anyone is interested in purchasing the crystal case and holster in which i bought from seidio let me know, otherwise i am going to return items. Your chance to save a few bucks, prob going back to bestskinever for now, anyone have any extras of those hanging around let me know, i took mine off like a dummy to put on this crystal case so now i have to purchase another one.

PM me
    Why are you returning it?
    Why are you returning it?

Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot
    i got the crystal case and i am very upset that i took off my best skin ever for that case, yes the crystal case protects the treo more but i feel it has some flaws.

Maybe its just me but i think the case might of been rushed out. It is still the slimmest case out there which is great, exactly what people wanted but some flaws that i see.

On the bottom of the keyboard, there is an opening between the device and the case, i feel over time allot of dirt and dust will accumilate in there and not look good, should of been a snugger fit. As for the side of the case where the volume buttons are, it was not cut smoothly, it is rough to the touch and not smooth like the cut out around the ear piece. The plastic still kinda gets in the way when using the up navigation button, green , red button and the cornor keys. U have to double check that the button was pressed because majority of your finger is hitting the bordering plastic rather than the button. ex. when i hit the option button i catch myslef allot of time seeing the "z" on the screen instead, the case should be lower than the buttons not the same height, the edges of the screen are taken away a bit do the plastic overlapping, when i used to be able to scroll using my finger i no longer can with case on, the scroll button on the side is very hard to use without stylus now, also with the bar that runs along the bottom of the screen, u lose the flexibility of being able to press buttons easily on the bottom of your screen, via your finger

seidio should of shaved down the plastic on the areas close to screen and buttons and made the opening where the volume buttons are smooth like the cut around the ear piece and keyboard.

Maybe the rubber coated case that is suppose to come out by them will have these slight flaws fixed

Will the rubber case be the exact same symmetry of this crystal case? Will the only difference be a rubber coating over it? or will possibly these troubled areas be addressed?

Also to add, people will the bestskinever, u cant keep it on and have the crystal case snap on properly, u have to remove.

Will there be a rubberized holster made along with the rubberized case?
    If so i feel the clip should be slightly shorter on the newer holster, as for me i wear the holster horizontally, and were it more towards the front of my pants rather than the side, when u wear on the side and have a shirt slightly over it, it looks like u are packing a gun, have a big buldge on the side, so i feel wearing in the front hides it more, only issue is when u sit down or bend over u have the top of the clip digging into your stomach, anyway to make the top of the clip same height as the whole holster, when the holster is turned horizontally?

Sorry to really get in depth but i bought the bundle for $50 with shipping and for that price one would want to be 100 percent satisified, the best case is the case that u dont even know is on. People love the feel of there naked treo, they just get a case for protection, if the casing on the treo was metal no one would ever think of getting cases, so i say this to seidio, once u mastered a case that the user doesnt even notice, u will have the best case on the market, as of now a case hasnt been perfected.

i would def want to try out the rubberized case if some areas are going to be shaved down...wondering on the ETA of that....

for now it might be back to the bestskinever, but just have to be careful not to drop phone but i am sure all treo owners have insurance on theres
    it was actually only a couple posts back

mines going back too
    um to avoid dust and dirt, I cleaned out my pocket....some of you guys are hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by seru
    um to avoid dust and dirt, I cleaned out my pocket....some of you guys are hilarious.
    What's so funny? Getting lint out of pockets is a chore, that's why I don't carry my PDAs / smarphones in my pocket anymore. I always use holsters / pouches or carry them in my shirt pocket.

Best combo I have found for protecting from drops is a BSE + a silicon skin case. If you plan on doing a combo like this, don't get Seidio's "Premium" skin case as it won't go on w/ a BSE. It gets stuck and you can't get it on all the way because of the BSE's slight grip-iness.

The silicon skins I have found that work very well with a BSE are Palm's own flexi-skin for the 700W/700P and JavoEdge's JavoSkin.
    You could also just put your phone in a ziplock bag
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    ya basically portman quoted the real reasons i have stated earlier, i found the keyboard hard to use with one hand and also hard to use certain buttons such as the scroll bar on the screen with my fingers, maybe mine or too chubby, who knows but the case dosnt work for me, it gets in the way of some buttons and edges of screen.

i paid $50 with shipping, once again its for the new crystal case for the 700 and the holster that works with it, make me a fair offer, i just got two days ago, comes with all original plastic, box and all.
    Last edited by italiangspot; 08/04/2006 at 07:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Best combo I have found for protecting from drops is a BSE + a silicon skin case. If you plan on doing a combo like this, don't get Seidio's "Premium" skin case as it won't go on w/ a BSE. It gets stuck and you can't get it on all the way because of the BSE's slight grip-iness.

The silicon skins I have found that work very well with a BSE are Palm's own flexi-skin for the 700W/700P and JavoEdge's JavoSkin.
    are u referring to these cases that go with the BSE

http://cgi.ebay.com/Palm-Treo-700w-J...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/PALMONE-TREO-650...QQcmdZViewItem

the flex-skin i am guessing is basically as thick as the BSE and should not cause me any trble with keyboard and screen, correct?

does the other skin add more bulk? it seems to be thicker, just dont want to buy something else and waste more money on something that isnt user friendly, allot of cases on the market kill the keyboard and edges of screens
    I don't have much more to contribute on this topic, except to say I'm keeping my Crystal Case. I mean seriously, at a cost of $20, it costs almost as much in shipping to send it back. Unfortunately, cases are almost disposable. I must have collected at least 6 or 7 cases for my Treo(s) by now, not to to mention nearly countless cases and accessories for all the many Palm units I've had in the past 10 years. I'm sure I will continue to buy more cases in the future, as this has become a holy grail mission.

My opinion on the Crystal Case is that it would be absolutely perfect if: 1) Can better tap corners of screen with fingers, 2) More sturdy latches that would inspire better confidence, 3) Easier to snap case on and off, 4) Can better tap on keyboard keys near edges of the case (eg: p, q, etc). As for dust entering inside the case, it would be nice to avoid it of course, but I personally think it's near impossible, especially if you normally place your Treo inside your trouser pocket as I do. The previous poster's idea about placing your Treo inside a ziplock bag was pretty funny. I'm sure some Treo geeks out there may actually try this! I would only do this myself if I were at the beach or pool.
    Casey
    ya seidio i feel is very stricked with return policy and not on the top of the list for customer satisfaction, no refunds on the pricey shipping and 15% retocking fee if plastic is open, i wonder if u have to pay as well to ship the item back to them, at the end u are getting back like a $1, love how these buinesses run these day
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    What's so funny? Getting lint out of pockets is a chore, that's why I don't carry my PDAs / smarphones in my pocket anymore. I always use holsters / pouches or carry them in my shirt pocket.
    Turn your pockets inside out and use a lint brush if you have to.

I am not laughing at anybody specific, just the general mood that the conversation has taken. Before it was comical to read people complain about shipping and now its more complaints. Maybe I just see this opportunity as a fortunate thing that seido listened to members on this forum when they ached for a slim case. How many other manufacturers would even do that, and then actually produce the product? We are extremely lucky IMO.

I think I have normal sized hands and I have no trouble pressing the corners on the screen, I only need to tilt my finger slightly. This small sacrafice is worth confidence of scratch/scuff protection. I hear a click sound when I close the case, and it takes a bit of practice, but opening the case is relatively easy. And still people still complain of the thickness....lets say it was made thinner, then the same people would complain its too thin and offeres little to no protection, etc. Just goes to show you can never please everybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    You could also just put your phone in a ziplock bag
    It will keep the freshness in
    It will keep the freshness in

Like Wonder Bread?! Can't stand stale Treos? Boy, this thread has gone waaaay off topic, and I'm no help!

I will continue using my Crystal Case. It takes time to get used to a new case. Give it a few more months, and you will really know whether you truly like the case, or can't stand it.

As I mentioned previously, for $20, this case (as any others) is disposable. Personally, if I actually use the thing for 1 or 2 years, it's paid for itself, because on average, my cases don't last very long.
    Casey
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I agree with the previous comments regarding Crystal Case interfering with keys on the 700p. My latches aren't (yet) a problem though.

Rather than return mine, I decided to MAKE it as perfect as I could. I own a Dremel tool, so decided to see if I could better the fit. I used an emory wheel and buffing brush to bring the sides down to the height of the bare Treo; and I sanded away part of the crossbar, that interfered with pressing the 5-way and send/end buttons.

Now, I can say that my Crystal Case is perfect. Seideio should have had these modifications done for me BEFORE the case was released. I can't see any structural reasons way the case could not have been designed to fit the Treo more perfectly. Perhaps the next shippment can be made to fit better.
    jgilfor,

Do you want to start a side business doing Crystal Case mods?
    ya where should i send mine 2, lol