Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Our crystal case holster comes with a rubber piece at the underside of the top clip. It will work with both types of crystal case.

David Chang
    Seidio
    David,

Is it safe to say the Crystal Case holster is not the same as the Skin Case holster?
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot
    I am guessing u have to remove the best skin ever to have it fit in case?

Nope it fit but my bestskinsever was making the crystal clear case look dirty...obsessive I know
    Does the crystal case with the clip stay in the holster better than the skin case with the clip? I've been using the skin case with the clip for a few months and it falls out with the slightest bump or if it catches on anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by gdharvey
    yes, they are allot cheaper on ebay and they are only good for the 650, not sure why they say 700, i have 700p and they didnt work , really cheaply made and the case pushes down your red and green buttons on the treo 700, which makes the phone not work
    if u have a 650 its worth a try but dont pay allot, clip is garbage but case has a nice feel
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    The Seidio Skinned Treo Holster is IDENTICAL (same part number) as the holster being sold bundled with the new Crystal Case. And yes, it does filt better (more securely) than with the skin case.

I know these facts because, as an owner of the Seidio SkinTight Case and Holster, I ordered the new Crystal Case and Holster for my 700P as soon as they were available. Before ordering the bundle, I asked (via email) to send me the case only, if my skinned case holster would work with the crystal case; and send the bundle if not. Well, I received the bundle (very happy with the case BTW); however, when I checked, the holsters were identical. They even have the same part number embossed on them.

Anybody need an extra holster?
    Quote Originally Posted by jgilfor
    The Seidio Skinned Treo Holster is IDENTICAL (same part number) as the holster being sold bundled with the new Crystal Case. And yes, it does filt better (more securely) than with the skin case.

I know these facts because, as an owner of the Seidio SkinTight Case and Holster, I ordered the new Crystal Case and Holster for my 700P as soon as they were available. Before ordering the bundle, I asked (via email) to send me the case only, if my skinned case holster would work with the crystal case; and send the bundle if not. Well, I received the bundle (very happy with the case BTW); however, when I checked, the holsters were identical. They even have the same part number embossed on them.

Anybody need an extra holster?
    Hi,

Though they do have the same number priinted on the back, they are NOT the same holster and not interchangeable. If you compare them, you will find physical differences. Take a look at the underside of the clip and you will see what I'm talking about. We have no intention of trying to sell people items they don't need if existing products will work.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    It looks like there are several different crystal cases. What are the differences between the different brands?
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    I picked up the Sena leather skin. No pouch though. Don't want any more bulk than I have to have. Those crystal clear cases are only useful if you can use them on your own. Having to put them in a holster or pouch is a waste 9n my opinion. Give the option for a clip so it can be used on it's own.
    how do you'll like the Sena Leather Skin? Those that have it - w/the belt clip??http://www.senacases.com/catalog/Pa...-p-1-c-405.html
    I have a body glove but disliking the plastic on front that covers everything -gee
    Quote Originally Posted by gdharvey
    how do you'll like the Sena Leather Skin? Those that have it - w/the belt clip??http://www.senacases.com/catalog/Pa...-p-1-c-405.html
    I have a body glove but disliking the plastic on front that covers everything -gee

review
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    In response to Seidioseidio,

Sorry if I am in error but, when I got my shippment, I looked pretty darned carefully. I couldn't see a difference between the holsters on cursury examination. Addtionally, the Crystal-cased Treo fit nicely into both holsters. Perhaps I was too hasty... I will look more carefully.

Anyway, I am VERY happy with my new Crystall Case for the 700P! It fits perfectly, looks great, and adds almost imoperceptible bulk to the bare Treo. I can always use a spare holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot
    thanks. I found a better review on pdaphonehome later last night while still researching. There's so much on both forums its making my head hurt keeping the info straight! thanks again. -g
    I just got my Crystal Case and it's not really what I'm looking for. Can I refund it? If not, does someone want to buy mine at a discounted price?

Am I breaking any forum rules by trying to make a sale?
    are there any ways to cleanly sand down edges. the right enter button, the spacebar and the power on and call button are a pain to get to
    (for the seido crystal case)
    rx_blitz_rx,

What don't you like?

David,
    I'm confused on some comments earlier about a rubber coated crystal case. How will this differ from the premium skin? I currently have a 650 Polymer skin on my 700 (Sprint exchanged my defective 650 for a 700) which I like because of its "grippyness" (doesn't slide around in the car and I haven't dropped it once since I've had the skin - had probably dropped it 5-6 times prior.). Why would I want a rubber-coated crystal case over a polymer case? When do you anticipate releasing said beast?

Thanks

Flynmoose
    Quote Originally Posted by flynmoose
    rx_blitz_rx,

What don't you like?

Thanks

Flynmoose

The case is perfect. I just like the feeling of touching the phone. The horizontal leather case that I also purchased seems to be the perfect thing for me. There's no way the phone, by itself, will come out of that sucker.

The case is a great product though and it does give me a protection option if I decide to wear something that doesnt' compliment the leather case well. (sorry if that sounds fruity)
    i got the crystal case and i am very upset that i took off my best skin ever for that case, yes the crystal case protects the treo more but i feel it has some flaws.

Maybe its just me but i think the case might of been rushed out. It is still the slimmest case out there which is great, exactly what people wanted but some flaws that i see.

On the bottom of the keyboard, there is an opening between the device and the case, i feel over time allot of dirt and dust will accumilate in there and not look good, should of been a snugger fit. As for the side of the case where the volume buttons are, it was not cut smoothly, it is rough to the touch and not smooth like the cut out around the ear piece. The plastic still kinda gets in the way when using the up navigation button, green , red button and the cornor keys. U have to double check that the button was pressed because majority of your finger is hitting the bordering plastic rather than the button. ex. when i hit the option button i catch myslef allot of time seeing the "z" on the screen instead, the case should be lower than the buttons not the same height, the edges of the screen are taken away a bit do the plastic overlapping, when i used to be able to scroll using my finger i no longer can with case on, the scroll button on the side is very hard to use without stylus now, also with the bar that runs along the bottom of the screen, u lose the flexibility of being able to press buttons easily on the bottom of your screen, via your finger

seidio should of shaved down the plastic on the areas close to screen and buttons and made the opening where the volume buttons are smooth like the cut around the ear piece and keyboard.

Maybe the rubber coated case that is suppose to come out by them will have these slight flaws fixed

Will the rubber case be the exact same symmetry of this crystal case? Will the only difference be a rubber coating over it? or will possibly these troubled areas be addressed?

Also to add, people will the bestskinever, u cant keep it on and have the crystal case snap on properly, u have to remove.

Will there be a rubberized holster made along with the rubberized case?
    If so i feel the clip should be slightly shorter on the newer holster, as for me i wear the holster horizontally, and were it more towards the front of my pants rather than the side, when u wear on the side and have a shirt slightly over it, it looks like u are packing a gun, have a big buldge on the side, so i feel wearing in the front hides it more, only issue is when u sit down or bend over u have the top of the clip digging into your stomach, anyway to make the top of the clip same height as the whole holster, when the holster is turned horizontally?

Sorry to really get in depth but i bought the bundle for $50 with shipping and for that price one would want to be 100 percent satisified, the best case is the case that u dont even know is on. People love the feel of there naked treo, they just get a case for protection, if the casing on the treo was metal no one would ever think of getting cases, so i say this to seidio, once u mastered a case that the user doesnt even notice, u will have the best case on the market, as of now a case hasnt been perfected.

i would def want to try out the rubberized case if some areas are going to be shaved down...wondering on the ETA of that....

for now it might be back to the bestskinever, but just have to be careful not to drop phone but i am sure all treo owners have insurance on theres
    Quote Originally Posted by rx blitz rx
    I just got my Crystal Case and it's not really what I'm looking for. Can I refund it? If not, does someone want to buy mine at a discounted price?

Am I breaking any forum rules by trying to make a sale?

Refunds

All requests for refunds must be received within 14 days of Ship Date. (International Customers have 30 days from the Ship Date.) Refunds for items purchased with Gift Certificates will be issued in the form of store credits.

All Software, Gift Certificates, Clearance Items, Applied Discounts, Custom Duties and Taxes, and Shipping and Handling Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.

The product(s) must be in new condition in the original packaging with no missing parts (components, user manual, ect.). A 15% restocking charge may be applied if the original heat sealed or shrink wrapped packaging is opened.

Not the best csr satisfaction guarantee return policy, u lose out on shipping and i am not sure if they charge u 15% being that u opened the bag that the holster was in if u got the bundle, the case came in a resealable plastic

sure dave can go into more detail about the return process
    I guess everyone has different tastes I have a huge assortment of cases that I purchased looking for the perfect case including the vaja and right now I feel this is a keeper I really like the crystal case I have none of the problems described above in fact I feel my sides are perfect.
    Fred
    For the people who have already received theirs, a few questions.

1. How easy is it to (as in how quickly can you) open up the Crystal Case and replace an empty battery?

2. Any reduction in handset volume with the case?

3. How slippery is it? Do I still need to put egrips or Best Skins Ever on the Crystal Case?

4. Do you have hindered access to the space bar and red and green buttons on your case? How much of a problem is this to you?

Thanks.