1.    #1  
    does palm OS have a calendar app that enables dial from calendar?

i have a ton of concalls that i need to take from the road. copy and paste or memorizing the number is distracting. blackberry does this very well, is there any options for the Palm OS?
    I use MarknDial. That let's you select any phone number in any Palm OS field and then have it dial that number.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I use program Agendus Pro which allows me to call, e-mail, and text a contact from within an appointment. It also logs a your contact history.

Also because the program is an overlay,your native Palm data is still available.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    FieldsPlus
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    I use program Agendus Pro which allows me to call, e-mail, and text a contact from within an appointment. It also logs a your contact history.

Also because the program is an overlay,your native Palm data is still available.
    now i dont mean to call a contact, but rather a concall number thats attached to teh appointment. I have agendus standard, and it doesnt allow that.

what i am looking for is the ability to tap the number and have it dial up. does agendus pro do that?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    I use MarknDial. That let's you select any phone number in any Palm OS field and then have it dial that number.
    it seems markndial needs x power to work, and when i downloaded x power, it says its not compatable with OS 5.

what device do you use it with and how?
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    It is possible to dial from Agendus Standard and Pro; Std doesn't give U an e-mail hook.. Open the appointment, select the note icon to the right of the Contact name, Contact field opens, select desired number, you'll get a popup "dial this number" (I think), yes, no, blah, blah, blah. That should work.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    It is possible to dial from Agendus Standard and Pro; Std doesn't give U an e-mail hook.. Open the appointment, select the note icon to the right of the Contact name, Contact field opens, select desired number, you'll get a popup "dial this number" (I think), yes, no, blah, blah, blah. That should work.
    this assumes that there is a contact associated with the conference call.

my problem is that there is a lot of concalls with a variance of an 800 number ( different for each) that needs to be dialed to participate. so the meeting doesnt have a particular contact or contact # associated, but a general call in that needs to be dialed for each.

does that make sense? is there anything? does agendus do that?
    This would be a major shift for you, but take a look at 2Day. I was a devoted Agendus user on my Sony TH-55. I tried it on my Treo, but it was too much.

2Day (IMHO) takes advantage of the Treo.
    I use 2Day for this all the time. I use it with Takephone but I dont know if you need both.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    FieldsPlus
    How does Fieldplus do this?
    I use Phone Technician (compatible with 600 and 650, NOT 700p yet). If you highlight a number and hit the phone button, it will dial it.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    I use Phone Technician (compatible with 600 and 650, NOT 700p yet). If you highlight a number and hit the phone button, it will dial it.
    ditto - and it is cheap too. As a matter of fact - blog.treonauts has 20% off all sw, but it ends today. I got Butler and Phone Technician for $17.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    How does Fieldplus do this?
    It lets you select a string of characters, and then dial using just the 5-way. I love it (and hope it works on the 700).
    eldiablo,

I'm using MarknDial 2.0 on my GSM Treo 650.

This version does not require X master or other software and in my experience, problem free.
    KeySuite also let's you dial a contact from the calendar. You must first link the contact to the event.