Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I just bought a 700p through Sprint retention. (For those who care, it took a few tries. The first retention person told me she couldn't access the phone on her system. Then I called sales. That guy told me he couldn't sell it for less than full price. I had him transfer me to retention again, and the woman found the phone on the system, knocked off $150 to bring it down to $499, and gave a $55 credit to cover the tax.)

Is there somewhere on the Sprint Website to check the order status/shipping info? My account page is showing that the charge went through as a general payment on the account, but I don't see a link to anything about the new phone order.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    I don't think Sprint offers a site to check order status.
    I'm in the same boat. Ordered this morning, and they immdediately showed my credit card charged as a credit, but nothing charging me for the new phone. I only have a confirmation number.
    I'm sure they know what they are doing...I hope!
    Ditto on all counts. Ordered my 700p through retention (she didn't see it in her system at first, but later found it) & am waiting for a call back tomorrow. I have a confirmation number too. I was on the phone for 40 minutes to make this happen--if it shows up at the price she gave me and with the plan we put together (very SERO-esque, but not SERO), I'm loving it. I'll keep you posted.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    After talking to several Sprint customer service reps, it turns out there are several numbers to dial (I think they are all telesales numbers) that offer "check order status" as an automated option. Unfortunately, each one causes the line to fall silent and then disconnect after 3 seconds. Maybe that's a temporary problem. It's hard to imagine that summarily disconnecting callers is a permanent feature of the automated system. Well, maybe not that hard to imagine . . .
    I was told earlier by business sales that orders usually don't get posted to your account until midnight (why - don't know). So you may wait until tomorrow to get an order number and maybe later tomorrow evening for a UPS tracking number (I was told that all their orders get shipped through UPS)...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I talked to a sales rep this morning who said that he saw no indication that the order had shipped yesterday, as the exceedingly nice retention lady promised me it would be when she was trying to keep my business. He said encouragingly that my order was listed as "held by request." When I asked him what that meant, it was clear he had no idea, so he said it meant that the order was processing.

I asked him if there was any mechanism by which Sprint would email me a tracking number when the phone shipped, like most companies do. He responded encouragingly with something like, "There's no tracking number, they ship to your address." Although the latter part was comforting (apparently I will not have to wander the streets looking for my phone), it was clear he had no idea what a tracking number was. After I explained the concept, he said Sprint doesn't do that.

I'm confident I'll have my phone in a few days, so none of this really matters. Just amusing/frustrating that the only people at Sprint who can speak remotely intelligently on the phone are the people in retention. Maybe I'll call and ask to cancel my service every time I have a question for customer service. Interested in how much my bill is? "Hi, I'd like to cancel my service." Interested in adding some more text messaging? "Hi, I'd like to cancel my service."
    Sprint Treo 700p ordered on 5/30 at 6 a.m. Central time, called 5/31 for tracking #, said it was backordered - "at least a week."

afternoon 5/31 update: called the Order Status line to make sure I wasn't facing the missing information problem described nearby, still backordered, now "7-14" days
    Last edited by cybe; 05/31/2006 at 12:43 PM. Reason: New information from Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by mal5z
    Is there somewhere on the Sprint Website to check the order status/shipping info? My account page is showing that the charge went through as a general payment on the account, but I don't see a link to anything about the new phone order.

Thanks.
    Not on the website, but there is a direct phone number for Sprint Order Support:
    1-866-404-1335
    Quote Originally Posted by cybe
    Sprint Treo 700p ordered on 5/30, called today for tracking #, said it was backordered - "at least a week."
    On it's way to me today
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I received an e-mail this morning from Sprint E-Care also telling me it is back-ordered. I ordered yesterday morning. I just called, and a CSR told me they arrived today, and should ship this afternoon?????? No tracking number yet. If it does not ship today, I may cancel my order and try for an even better deal. Let us know if anyone gets their Sprint tracking number today....I question whether they are back in stock or not..
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry
    On it's way to me today
    Barry: I take it that's a printout from the UPS website? How did you obtain a tracking number from Sprint? Did you call? Did they email you?

Thanks.
    Barry: I take it that's a printout from the UPS website? How did you obtain a tracking number from Sprint? Did you call? Did they email you?

Thanks.
    Called the direct phone number for Sprint Order Support:
    1-866-404-1335

Gave them my order number.

Wah-Lah!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry
    Called the direct phone number for Sprint Order Support:
    1-866-404-1335

Gave them my order number.

Wah-Lah!
    Aha. I will give that a shot. Thanks!
    Aha. I will give that a shot. Thanks!
    You'll be in their call queue listening to music on hold for quite awhile first!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    How did we ever survive without chat boards like this?!? First of all, I don't have XM Radio, so without your advice I don't know where I could have turned to listen to 15 minutes of uninterrupted lite rock from the '80s. Thanks for that alone. But, on top of that, after about 57 calls over the last two days, you did, indeed, direct me to someone who was able to provide me with the tracking number on my order. I just went to the UPS site and the order I placed yesterday morning is due to arrive today, as promised.

I don't know if this means that I have to withdraw or affirm all the stuff I said about Sprint in this and other posts. I think affirm. The point I've been trying to get across in my griping is that, as a phone company, Sprint is great, but as a consumer relations company, they're awful. They're delivering me a phone quickly and as promised, and yet they still managed to **** me off through incompetent interaction on their customer service line. In any event, I will hopefully be back to not needing to talk to them for a couple years.
    TopTongue when did you order your phone.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I ordered my phone through retentions yesterday around noon. I just called them to check the status of my order and they said that it hasn't shipped yet. I'm hoping they'll ship it out today; I'll call them again later this afternoon.
    I am glad I called. Apparently there was a code missing in my order, so it was flagged and it wasn't going to be shipped out.
    PHEW!!!

This board is awesome!!! Thanks for all the useful info.
    Ordered Sprint 700p via Sprint's website on Monday (Memorial Day), called yesterday to straighten out the order (it was in limbo...initially told the 700p was on backorder, but after a couple minutes on hold, told they could get it to me). Called for tracking number today and precious is "out for delivery."
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast