1.    #1  
    Going to call in my Sprint order today. I know Palm has no sales tax for California, but I'm looking to get the lower phone price through Sprint with a new 2 year contract. Going through an online order, I know Sprint charges tax through the net. I also know that tax will be applied if I go directly to a Sprint store. So, if I go through tele-sales and retention, do they charge sales tax? I know there are all kinds of deals through retention - we should have a sticky to find out what the "best" retention deals have been so far. I'm hoping for a price somewhere south of $399.00, no tax, no shipping, no activation, free messaging.......
    Thanks.
    When I called this morning the phone still wasn't in system for them to sell yet.
    In my discussions with retentions, I was told there was no tax, in NY at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    Going to call in my Sprint order today. I know Palm has no sales tax for California, but I'm looking to get the lower phone price through Sprint with a new 2 year contract. Going through an online order, I know Sprint charges tax through the net. I also know that tax will be applied if I go directly to a Sprint store. So, if I go through tele-sales and retention, do they charge sales tax? I know there are all kinds of deals through retention - we should have a sticky to find out what the "best" retention deals have been so far. I'm hoping for a price somewhere south of $399.00, no tax, no shipping, no activation, free messaging.......
    Thanks.
    I live in California and Sprint charged me tax but free shipping. However I was able to get the phone for $429 with existing contract. So I guess I can't complain. Not sure about new contracts but I assume it's the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I live in California and Sprint charged me tax but free shipping. However I was able to get the phone for $429 with existing contract. So I guess I can't complain. Not sure about new contracts but I assume it's the same.
    No sales tax for me. Im in California.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    No sales tax for me. Im in California.
    Damn it! how much did you pay for your phone? I think I need to make another call to retention.