1.    #1  
    Wow some of their people really know how to handle things. I just ordered my 700p from Palm and I've got plenty of credit on my Sprint account to make it well worth it! Enough that I should consider selling this phone to someone else really!

huh?

you ordered from Palm directly or Sprint? ...and how much?
  3.    #3  
    I ordered from Palm but the nice Sprint lady gave me the credits to cover the purchase. How much, well let me say it's almost a steal and less than 2 yr contract price for sure!
    I'm about to make my retentions call this morning. I figured the best reps wouldn't be working the holiday. I'm assuming you got your deal from retentions and that you were out of contract (and maybe a long time sprint user???)
  5.    #5  
    All I can say is be nice and explain your situation. I never asked or fought about getting a certain deal. I just talked and explained things and what I thought I would have to pay since I had just renewed and what not.

The telesales people don't have the authority to work with you and they don't have the phone in their system still so there's nothing they can do but try to be nice. I imagine it was a retentions person that helped me out today. I had to pay everything out of pocket right now but the credits will pay my Sprint bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiPimp
    All I can say is be nice and explain your situation. I never asked or fought about getting a certain deal. I just talked and explained things and what I thought I would have to pay since I had just renewed and what not.
    Can I stress be nice - there's no reason to be anything but nice to the retention folks. They can and in most cases will give you a good or great deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiPimp

The telesales people don't have the authority to work with you and they don't have the phone in their system still so there's nothing they can do but try to be nice. I imagine it was a retentions person that helped me out today. I had to pay everything out of pocket right now but the credits will pay my Sprint bill.
    Right now, I am in negotiations, my rep (from retentions) is supposed to call me back at 1:30.

How much did the phone cost you? Right now I am $425 with basically no change in the current price of my plan. I would like to get the insurance covered and the phone down to $350 or so.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rvr2k3
    Right now, I am in negotiations, my rep (from retentions) is supposed to call me back at 1:30.

How much did the phone cost you? Right now I am $425 with basically no change in the current price of my plan. I would like to get the insurance covered and the phone down to $350 or so.
    Just be nice I didn't negotiate a price. I got a plan offered to me from retentions last week and told them I wanted the Treo 700p that they were supposed to get even though it wasn't out yet. She gave me a credit towards it then so when I called back today it wasn't in the system.

I told the rep that I thought it was going to be $399 with a renewal or new 2 year and thats why I had been credited. I told her even with my credit that it was going to cost more than that because of the $100 web discount so she helped me out.
    Who are these "retentions" characters, and how can I get ahold of them?
    When you are about to cancel, your account, retentions job is to make you an offer you can't refuse.
    I called *2 on my phone, said the word "representative" to the voice-bot and got a representative. Then I just politely asked to be transferred to retentions.

At that point I was very nice and just explained the truth. I like Sprint and want the 700p. My wife doesn't like the fact that I'm unreachable about a month out of the year (I'm in the national guard, and two of the training areas I go to aren't covered by Sprint, but *are* covered by Cingular).

I explained that I was planning on staying with Sprint, but that I'd sure appreciate it if they could help me keep the peace at home by giving me some kind of price savings to take home to the wife. The retentions rep was very nice also, and she said that she understood completely. She gave me:

$200 off the 700p
    800 anytime minutes
    Nights start at 7pm
    Two lines shared
    Nationwide long distance
    free mobile-to-mobile
    $69.99

Now, I used to pay $5 for the "no-roaming" and $10 for Vision. She took off the $5/month for roaming and gave me the basic Power Vision for free.

So, now I'm happy (I'm trying to order my 700p over the phone today, to get my discount) and my wife is happy (we're saving $15/month).

I gotta say, I like sprint! Even if they don't have coverage when I'm at the training sites.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    What a difference a day or two makes! On Sunday, no one knew anything or could do anything. Today, the Sprint rep was clued in and helpful. My 700p on its way (for $429; maybe I could have done better, but my office is buying), and my plan now has more minutes at a lower cost. I'm happy.
    I just had a good experience!

The published number 800-sprint1 got me the usual touch-tone menus and then connected me to a rep in Panama. At first he quoted the price of $649 with a $150 rebate and a $100 discount to bring it down to $399. I was willing to take that, so he went off to check things. When he got back, he said the $100 discount was only for new accounts, and the charge would be $649, with the rebate processed by mail later. I asked if he could do anything for me, since I've been a customer for a long time, so he transferred me to "account services". (New name for "retention"?)

That brought up a pleasant lady here in the States. I asked her if the records showed how long I'd been a customer, and it turned out I've been with Sprint since 1998. She was able to offer the $399 price, so I took that with a two-year commitment.

I asked about keeping my current plan (F&C 300 for $35), and she looked at the usage records; it turns out I don't make a lot of calls, so it made sense for me to take a 200-minute plan for $5 less per month, with unlimited N/W starting at 7 pm. I get Vision for $10, so she gave me the Power Vision for $10. Roaming is free.

She put the order in. I asked about getting the UPS tracking number, and she said I could dial *2 tomorrow to get it. When I asked for the land-line number because my old Treo is flaky, she gave me the number and added a 5% discount on the service plan. That reminded me to ask for the credit union discount; she transferred me over to business services to set that up.

The business services lady in Dallas took my credit union info, and set up the 10% CU discount on top of the 5% discount. She had a hard time hearing me and asked me to repeat things a few times. She even threw in a $70 service credit.

With the plan change and the discounts, this should bring my monthly bill down from $48 to under $40. If I count the $70 credit against the phone price, that makes it $329 net.

The phone should be here in 1-2 days. Great! Now I gotta start buying accessories!

I usually call Sprint late at night, but this call was at 10:30 am. Maybe the daytime staff is in a better mood than the night crew!
    Any direct number to retention, or do you all just call CS and say im thinking of canceling my service.
    Here is the direct RETENTION NUMBER: 800-658-7564

The deal they gave me has me paying a whopping $10 for my new 700p.

K