Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm doing a project and vegas video and I want to use a video clip I have on my treo.... but 3gp won't work in vegas.

Are there any programs (pref. free) that will convert the 3gp file to wmv, avi, or something Vegas friendly???
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Here's a couple:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?convert=3GP%20to%20AVI

Both free, no experience with either, but the site, videohelp.com is a fantastic resource for video & video format questions and program offerings.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    thanks!
    Ok this is elementry for most ....just humor me ....Plzzzz

Do I need a converter to convert dvd's (avi ,mpeg,wav)
    and then another to play? ( Super or PocketDivixEncoder)
    If you want a simple way to do it, pay the $30 or so for Pocket DVD Studio for Palm and then you can rip your DVD and have it encode into something that can play on the Palm. Transfer the movie file to your Palm using a card reader (hotsync will take you hours) or a card reader like software like Card Export II. Then, use TCPMP to play the movie file on the Palm.

If you don't want to pay for software, you'd have to do a bit of researching to learn how to do it. It's not impossible but it does take a few softwares, time.

Check out my Palm blog posting on this. Beware. It's long.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Here is the text from a posting on MTDN about a year ago, has worked great for me. The referenced programs can all be found at the link I posted above (videohelp.com):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First you will need to download TCPMP. TCPMP comes in a zip file containing around 14 different .prc files. After unzipping, you will need to sync a few of these prc's to your Treo. The main player (tcpmp.prc) has to be installed. I recommend installing it to ram and later moving it to your sd card. It runs well from the card, and saves valuable space. The other files in the zip files are codecs which will allow TCPMP to play different types of media. The important ones are the ones beginning with "tcpmp_mpeg." If you have purchased music via ITunes, you might also want to install tcpmp_aac_plugin so that you can listen to your aac music using TCPMP - no more need for converting to mp3 for use with RealPlayer or PocketTunes. Once these three (or more) files are synced to your Treo, you're ready to rock and roll!

What? You can't rock and roll yet cause you don't have any movies to watch? You have a dvd collection that is the envy of all your friends; all you have to do is convert them for your Treo. Piece of cake. All you need now is some software for your pc, and time.

So how do I get my dvd onto my Treo?

The first piece of software you'll need is DVD Decryptor. Install DVD Decryptor to your pc, put your DVD into your DVD drive, open up DVD Decrypter put your DVD into your DVD drive, open up DVD Decrypter and under the edit menu select the option “Select Main Movie Files + IFOs.” Still easy, right? Decrypt, and this step is done.

Next you'll need PocketDivx to convert your .vob files to something viewable on your Treo. Open up PocketDivx, and at the top left, navigate to the directory where your .vob is saved, and chose it from the menu. On the right hand side of the screen, go to Advanced Options and click on the Tungsten T-3. That's pretty much the only option you need for the Treo 650 (I have not seen the results on a 600, so you might need to adjust the settings slightly). Next click on Direct Encoding and sit back and wait. As soon as it's finished you can transfer the movie to your sd card and return to TCPMP on your Treo.

Now how do I watch my movie?

All ready to sit back and watch your movie? Great - let's take a quick trip through your settings. Options, Open File: chose your movie from your sd card and enjoy. Not quite right? In the main screen, chose Pref down at the bottom right. You can adjust the speed under General, as well as use the "repeat" or "shuffle" feature when listening to music. Under Video, you have options for video including rotation from portrait to landscape...not that this matters much on a square Treo screen, but landscape is easier if you want to put the Treo down and watch. Under Audio, you can adjust your volume, and set the sound depending on the headset you're using to stereo or mono.