1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to install Versamail on Treo 700P on Mac? You cannot install it from the VZW install CD because it is a windows exe file. Many thinks!
    I don't get my P until thursday but being a Mac user I need an answer as well. What if you emailed the .exe file to your P. Oh wait, without versamail your'e email-less... Chatter?
  3.    #3  
    I am actually using Chatter now but I wanted to give the new Versamail a spin. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I had no problems. I have a new Macbook Pro, inserted the installation disk and installed the .pkg file. In addition to installing Palm Desktop, it also placed all the Versamail MM* files in the HotSync Mgr install file window and they all got installed on the 700p at the first hot sync. VM (eMail) works fine so far with my .Mac IMAP email account.

I would not have done this and just continued to use Missing Sync which I used with the 650 except there was a warning in the 700p box that one must install Palm Desktop before the first sync. I went ahead anyway and tried to sync with MS but nothing happened so I uninstalled MS, installed Palm Desktop and all has been well. So far I have not gone back to MS although I have noticed that the Media (Photos) conduit does not transfer my 700p photos to the Mac and this has always worked fine with MS.

Hope this helps,

Frank
    Thanks Frank. I'll give it a shot thursday (or sooner?).
  6.    #6  
    I actually got Versamail working today. I installed it on my PC. I actually used Missing Sync from the get go with the 700P and have not experienced any problems I experienced before. Speaking of that, has anyone ever seen duplicate email addresses or contact numbers popping up in Address Book or Palm's Contacts program? Missing Sync tends to do that sometimes (happened with my 650 as well). Thanks!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Try unDupe, works great for me: http://www.stevenscreek.com/palm/undupe.html

I have only seen duplicates when syncing on both a PC and a Mac.

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalnap
    I actually got Versamail working today. I installed it on my PC. I actually used Missing Sync from the get go with the 700P and have not experienced any problems I experienced before. Speaking of that, has anyone ever seen duplicate email addresses or contact numbers popping up in Address Book or Palm's Contacts program? Missing Sync tends to do that sometimes (happened with my 650 as well). Thanks!
    I'm still waiting from my 700p and have a new MacBook Pro. Do you know whether I need to install Palm Desktop and Hotsync Manager to use Missing Sync? Or can I just install Missing Sync and go for it? I'd rather not install anything that I don't plan on using.
    If you have installed the Palm Desktop software on your Mac you can access the VersaMail.prc file from there.

Go Aplacations/Palm folder/Add-on/English/VersaMail.
    Inside select all and double click. This will put all the VersaMail files into the HotSync Manager/install Handheld files. Preform a HotSync and your good to go.
    "and if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier..."
    I am on my second 700p in six days (one Sunday, screen stopped working Thursday, new one Friday); the second time around I never ran the hotsync from the Palm Desktop the first time and went directly to Missing Sync.

I noticed, just now, that VersaMail was missing. I have all the .prc files for VersaMail on my PowerMac still -- just haven't synced them. I am using ChatterMail but wanted to test the VersaMail because none of my email addresses are showing in ChatterMail.

I posted about this here.

Missing Sync is not converting my emails in address book to emails in Palm -- instead they are transfering over as phone numbers.

Any ideas how to fix that ? Or, would it have been fixed if I had run the hotsync intially before running Missing Sync ?

Thanks,
    Damon