Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1.    #1  
    I tried to move the channels to card and they disapeared - like early versions of Express 2.0. Any idea where it went and how i get it back? I'd do a new install of 'On Demand' but i don't see the installer anywhere either???
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    I tried to move the channels to card and they dissapeared - like early versions of Express 2.0. Any idea where it went and how i get it back? I'd do a new install of 'On Demand' but i don't see the installer anywhere either???
    use Filez to copy them back to internal memory?

    To uninstall and reinstall, you can go to Menu-Delete in the Launcher and delete ALL instances of On Demand. Then, If you have Resco Explorer, go to the ROM drive and find Handmark: OD Bootstrap and click on it (Execute it). It will take you through the setup procedure.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  3.    #3  
    wow - that was fast. where would it have put it (where should i look for it with Filez?

    oh - and Thanks!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    wow - that was fast. where would it have put it (where should i look for it with Filez?

    oh - and Thanks!
    Yikes, I don't know how you moved it, but a good place to start would be Palm\Launcher. Did you use powerrun?
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  5.    #5  
    no - if you tap and hold on the tiles on 'Page One' it gives you the option to move to card...
  6. #6  
    yikes! we'll they all start with OD:... , I moved mine to the card already (using Powerrun) so I don't know myself where they go when you tap & hold... but the reinstall procedure is very simple, it'll save you some time to just go ahead and do that.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  7. #7  
    Ok, I moved one over to internal then i copied it to the card, it exists under Palm\Launcher. It changed the name from OD: 411 (directory channel) to OD_411.prc.

    Now, I don't think it changes the hidden attribute, so I won't appear under the Card menu in the launcher, OR in the On Demand home page (pretty stupid, huh?) but you can use Filez to find the OD_411.prc file in the SD card, select details, attrs, and uncheck the Hidden flag.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  8.    #8  
    gFunk - reinstall with resco worked. Thanks!
  9. #9  
    i havent gotten this to work on my phone yet, a conflict in software because it worked right after i did a hard reset( i did a clean install of all apps that work on the 700p), so i'll have to go thru my apps and see which one is stopping it from working properly, if anyone else has had this problem and fixed it then please post you results, it'll save me a world of trouble as i wont really be able to "play" with the phone until thurs. , thanks in advance.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

    http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    I did a hard reset
    What are the key combinations to perform a hard reset? I can't find them in the manual.

    Thanks,

    Jeff
  11. #11  
    Not sure if you've figured it out, but directions are as follows:

    To do a Hard Reset - remember all data will be deleted - Use a paper clip or the tip from the inside of your stylus and press inside the reset hole on the back on the Treo while at the same time press and hold the power button on the top. Release the pin, but keep holding that top button until you see the Palm logo. Upon release, you should then see the magic words:
    Erase all data?
    YES - "up" button
    NO - any other button

    You still have one chance to back out from here... if you know you have a good backup, you can confidently press the UP button and reset the Treo. Otherwise, press something else and save where you are!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYravefever
    Not sure if you've figured it out, but directions are as follows:

    To do a Hard Reset - remember all data will be deleted - Use a paper clip or the tip from the inside of your stylus and press inside the reset hole on the back on the Treo while at the same time press and hold the power button on the top. Release the pin, but keep holding that top button until you see the Palm logo. Upon release, you should then see the magic words:
    Erase all data?
    YES - "up" button
    NO - any other button

    You still have one chance to back out from here... if you know you have a good backup, you can confidently press the UP button and reset the Treo. Otherwise, press something else and save where you are!
    Thanks! I did eventually find it on the Palm site. I appreciate your response.

    Jeff
  13. #13  
    I thought On Demand was in ROM (in which case it couldn't be moved)?
  14. Chazzan's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    i havent gotten this to work on my phone yet, a conflict in software because it worked right after i did a hard reset( i did a clean install of all apps that work on the 700p), so i'll have to go thru my apps and see which one is stopping it from working properly, if anyone else has had this problem and fixed it then please post you results, it'll save me a world of trouble as i wont really be able to "play" with the phone until thurs. , thanks in advance.
    I'm having the same conflict. I have no idea what it is! We've gotta figure this out!

    Let me know what programs you have. I got Bible Reader, Snappermail, Tube 2, Xiino, Angelus, Atomica, Book Worm, Bubblet, Dynomite, Pac-Man, Seven Seas, Sol Free, Magic Piano, Perfect Beat, Phon Tuner, TCPMP, Butler, Cleanup, Resco Explorer, Keyboard 1.08, LudusP, MissingSync, Palm Bench PrefDoctor, PXA Clocker, Resco Backup, Speedy, Uninstall Manager, Zlauncher, Datebk6
    Last edited by Chazzan; 06/01/2006 at 09:11 AM.
  15. Chazzan's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    #15  
    bump...anybody figure this out yet?
  16. Chazzan's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    #16  
    So I take it that everybody else's on demand is working perfectly and not freezing up the phone whenever I try to use it?
  17. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan
    So I take it that everybody else's on demand is working perfectly and not freezing up the phone whenever I try to use it?
    Directions did work for me, and the app won't see all my contacts.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  18. #18  
    I'm having problems as well.

    When I click anything in On Demand my device soft resets itself. I tried to reinstall using Resco as noted above but that didn't help.

    One note, I was surprised to see it in the Uninstall application since I thought it was native to the device.

    Anyone have ideas on how to fix this?
  19. Chazzan's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    #19  
    Strange thing is that my On Demand seems to have fixed itself. I didn't use it for a couple days and then I tried it and it worked. I have no idea what's going on.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan
    Strange thing is that my On Demand seems to have fixed itself.
    lol I wanted to reply to tell you that when OD was crashing once on me, it fixed itself a few hours later. somehow I thought it was an isolated miracle, seems not One thing, though it crashed the main app, the individual apps like news are regular apps, just unhide them, loading those did not crash mr. treo.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 06/03/2006 at 06:04 PM.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions