Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just to chime in, I'm having problems, too. At first, it seemed that the procedure of deleting all of the OD/Handmark Express files and then running the bootstrap fixed the problem, but then soon after, whenever I would try to start OD, poof! White Screen of Death. Again trying that procedure produced the white screen of death crash AFTER the program seemed to install properly. Arrrggghh.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    Just to chime in, I'm having problems, too. At first, it seemed that the procedure of deleting all of the OD/Handmark Express files and then running the bootstrap fixed the problem, but then soon after, whenever I would try to start OD, poof! White Screen of Death. Again trying that procedure produced the white screen of death crash AFTER the program seemed to install properly. Arrrggghh.
    Yes, same exact thing that happens to me. Now watch, one random day it will work perfectly and then...WHITE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan
    Yes, same exact thing that happens to me. Now watch, one random day it will work perfectly and then...WHITE.
    This, and the random crashes, is why I largely avoid the main On Demand icon. Try this: Load Filez and find your most frequently used On Demand channels under Internal. They all start with 'On Demand - '... so, for example, 'On Demand - News' which is my favorite. Select it and go into details and uncheck the box under Attrs that says "Hidden". It will now appear under your Launcher like all your other applications, and these seem more stable (since they've never crashed on me) than the main loader.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    This, and the random crashes, is why I largely avoid the main On Demand icon. Try this: Load Filez and find your most frequently used On Demand channels under Internal. They all start with 'On Demand - '... so, for example, 'On Demand - News' which is my favorite. Select it and go into details and uncheck the box under Attrs that says "Hidden". It will now appear under your Launcher like all your other applications, and these seem more stable (since they've never crashed on me) than the main loader.
    Ah...that's interesting, so the bug only seems to affect the main icon. OK. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    B-b-b-b-b-b-bump! Why can't some people use on demand's main screen? Why does it freeze up the device and require a soft reset? It's really annoying to have to go into a file manager to find specific on demand apps. Anyone else with this problem???
    I did a hard reset and it has worked perfectly since. I didn't uninstall any applications.

I know that isn't the answer you want to hear but it works.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    You're the man. This was a great tip. I actually unhid all of them and made a new tab in zlauncher. I'm fine without PageOne now. Thanks.
    Has anyone got the channels to work from the card? Or is the idea to move them and then "un hide" them and launch them independantly via ZLauncher from the card?

Thanks,

JT
    If OD is in ROM, why do you need to move the channels to the card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose
    If OD is in ROM, why do you need to move the channels to the card?
    This On Demand thing is an enigma, isn't it? OD is actually not in ROM, what is in ROM is a little stub (140k) that when executed for the first time, goes out and downloads On Demand into your RAM.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Aaaaaah! That makes sense. It's just like the little Pocket Express Installer that you get from Handmark.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Did OnDemand remove channels recently?

I remember the first time I launched it, the main "PageOne" screen was full with (9) channels. I have barely used the app, certainly have not tried to delete a channel or move anything to the SD card. (In fact, the option to move doesn't even come up when I tap and hold a channel, my only choices are Update and Delete.)

Now there are only 7 channels on PageOne:

Showbiz
    News
    Answers
    Maps
    Money
    Sports
    FYI

So what's missing?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Great tip; I used it to give me quick access to OD: Movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Did OnDemand remove channels recently?

I remember the first time I launched it, the main "PageOne" screen was full with (9) channels. I have barely used the app, certainly have not tried to delete a channel or move anything to the SD card. (In fact, the option to move doesn't even come up when I tap and hold a channel, my only choices are Update and Delete.)

Now there are only 7 channels on PageOne:

Showbiz
    News
    Answers
    Maps
    Money
    Sports
    FYI

So what's missing?
    Weather is missing from that list.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a working Maps and Directions channel they can email me? Mine has never fully worked?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose
    Weather is missing from that list.
    How very strange, I certainly did nothing to "delete" it. It just disappeared over the course of using the 700p one day. So be aware, folks... these channels can play a vanishing act on ya.

I found "On Demand- Weather.prc" in the backup folder of one of the other synch profiles I'd created when setting up my device. Just sync'ed that back over... and now it's here again.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    How very strange, I certainly did nothing to "delete" it. It just disappeared over the course of using the 700p one day. So be aware, folks... these channels can play a vanishing act on ya.

I found "On Demand- Weather.prc" in the backup folder of one of the other synch profiles I'd created when setting up my device. Just sync'ed that back over... and now it's here again.
    I also managed to fill in the 9th (and last) square on PageOne by sync'ing over "OD_ TV Guide.prc"

That gave me a nice "TV Guide" channel. Very slick!

When I launched it the first time though it showed something like "checking vending machine" or "checking subscription status" so I wonder if some of these channels are for-fee and will cancel soon, like after a first free month "trial" period.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    ...so I wonder if some of these channels are for-fee and will cancel soon, like after a first free month "trial" period.

Yep... just clicked on "Purchase" in the Maps & Directions channel, and got this screen (via Blazer.)

"Please continue to enjoy your free trial. The product will be available for purchase when your trial has expired."
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    its a free 2 week trial. Then most of the channels are for pay. I think a few will still stay free. Most likely the same deal as Handmark Express (it is the same app only rebranded).
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Okay guys, I really need your help here. I've been on the phone with Sprint Tech support and all they can do is scratch their head.

First let me say, I've not moved anything to my card, wouldn't even know where to start, so that isn't the problem.

Whenever I try to "route" DIRECTIONS between 2 destinations I'm taken to a blank screen that simply has something like this (Total: -86.21mi., 39:00) at the top of the page. I'm not getting written directions.

Sprint tech support gets the same thing on their 700.

Please report whether you are getting directions or the same results as described above.

Thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast