Page 1 of 34 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    LudusP, the first utility for the Treo 700p, has been released by Ludus Technologies, Inc.

LudusP allows users to change the functions of the device's hard keys, eliminating redundancy and greatly improving efficiency.

• Make Home Goto YOUR Launcher :Forces the Home button to launch your default launcher!
    • All-in-1 Phone Button: Why did Palm put two of the same button on the Treo 700p? The Green Send button and the Blue Phone Key do the SAME THING. Why use both when you could just use one and remap the other to whatever you want? Check this box and choose the button you want to assume full Phone responsibility. Whichever one you didn't choose you can remap as described below.
    • Make Menu Shift : Restore the right shift key to the way it was on the 650.
    In addition, you can remap the hard keys to make them open another app, launch the launcher, call up the Menu, or call up the Command Bar.

it's been a lot of fun working with everyone, thanks very much for your support. Only with the dedication of TreoCentral could a developer hope to write a device-specific utility WITHOUT ever having touched the device!

THE LINK: http://www.ludustech.com/ludusp/

best regards, tyler

Last edited by LudusAdmin; 05/31/2006 at 06:26 PM.
    Thanks Tyler.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Awesome...can't wait to install on my new toy!
    Let us know when we can paypal you a donation for your efforts on a holiday weekend....
  5.    #5  
    minor update, you might want to redownload if you got it in the last 15 minutes

regards, tyler
    Thanks Tyler - Definitely donation worthy!

Can we remap the End button to be Menu and the Home key to be End/on off - so it's exactly like the 650?
  7.    #7  
    momentarily down...

regards, tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    Thanks Tyler - Definitely donation worthy!

Can we remap the End button to be Menu and the Home key to be End/on off - so it's exactly like the 650?
    Donation!? Put this guy in charge of Palm!!!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  9.    #9  
    i have to make a change to the ARM code. i'll put the new version up tomorrow after my final is over. (like, 4pm or so). then all of you eager treo owners can get a fully functioning version!

regards, tyler
    lol.... all this during finals.... I love it. I love you. Be mine.
    Congrats Tyler! Looking forward to installing this when my 700p arrives Tuesday/Wednesday.

As an aside...isn't it sad that the 700p isn't even quite out yet and there's a groundswell of interest in fixing some button screwups by Palm? What does this say about the competence of Palm's usability team these days?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    This will be a commercial shareware, so don't ask about donation anymore.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    This will be a commercial shareware, so don't ask about donation anymore.

yes sir...fwiw we were just asking how he wants to be compensated.

no need to be bossy...I'm sure sharky can speak for himself.

so...can we go ahead and donate to help with your efforts?

Good luck on your final!
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 05/29/2006 at 09:24 PM.
    Sorry sir, "being bossy" is not my intention. I just don't want tyler feel embarrassed once he releases it as shareware while some guys are still expecting a freeware or maybe donationware.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    If anything, we should all pay Tyler and have Palm compensate us http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    Sorry sir, "being bossy" is not my intention. I just don't want tyler feel embarrassed once he releases it as shareware while some guys are still expecting a freeware or maybe donationware.
    understood
    Tyler-- Sounds like a great app. Two things I'm interested in knowing:

1. Are you planning on allowing the 5-way 'buttons' to be assigned as an application quick launch from within the Phone app (like the Treo 600 did)

2. Can you share a few thoughts to help us understand how LudusP will work within other apps when those apps use hard button controls for their own purposes... For instance:

Datebk5 and Datebk6: I use three different hardbuttons to cycle through tasks, notes, and contacts in the upper-half split window?

Chatter: I use two hard buttons to cycle mailboxes and to Q-sync non-push mailboxes.

Resco-viewer: Uses hardbuttons for multiple purposes within the app. Next / Previous photo, zoom unzoom, etc...

PTunes: Uses phone (left) button to bring up mini controls when Ptunes is playing as a background app

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I use daily (well maybe not rescoviewer, but...)

Thanks
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    anyone got a link? google turned up nada
    Was a public beta available in the developers forum here on TC. It is not up now, and will not be up til later today I guess when I think he plans on releasing it.
    Any updates on this program?
Page 1 of 34 12345611 ... LastLast