Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334 LastLast
    I cannot even open the app anymore.

I get error 20: Attempt to read beyond end of stream.

Whats the fix?????????
  2.    #642  
    >Is there an option I can set to fix this?

unfortunately the green key is set in hardware not to be able to power on the device, so there's nothing that can be done.

>at the end of a call it just goes to home

is it disabled in the Phone app? also, does it happen repeatedly when everything else is working? maybe during a call try to hit another one of your remapped buttons and see what happens.

Bill and Trim:

Let's try this process:
    1) disable LudusP or delete whatever you have on there with crid sh7f. then do a soft reset
    2) do another soft reset
    3) download LudusP v1.9 from this link: http://www.ludustech.com/download.php?file=LudusP19.zip

4) unzip, and hotsync the prc file above
    5) you should be prompted to reset your device at the end of the installation

let me know how it goes. best regards, tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin View Post
    Bill and Trim:

Let's try this process:
    1) disable LudusP or delete whatever you have on there with crid sh7f. then do a soft reset
    2) do another soft reset
    3) download LudusP v1.9 from this link: http://www.ludustech.com/download.php?file=LudusP19.zip

4) unzip, and hotsync the prc file above
    5) you should be prompted to reset your device at the end of the installation

let me know how it goes. best regards, tyler

Tyler,

Here's what I did:

Tyler,

I did exactly what you said:

0) Disabled LudusP; Reset
    1) Deleted files: LudusP and sh7f_tblBtns (both Creator: sh7f)
    2) Reset
    3) Reset
    4) Reset, installed version of LudusP you provided
    5) Open LudusP, got: "Welcome to your 7-day trial of ludusP!"
    6) Clicked "Done"
    7) Got: "Error 41: Cannot open database."

This is consistent with all the updates I've done with LudusP since 1.13.

Help!
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  4.    #644  
    hi bill, what does it say if you to the Launcher and go to Menu->Info and looks at LudusP's version number?

regards, tyler
    Tyler, I tried emailing with no response, buddy! -whats the deal?

anyhow, i tried the above steps, and I keep on getting

error 20: Attempt to read beyond end of stream.

i tried uninstalling, resetting, deleting files, etc etc

*i cannot even open up the LudusP program, it always give me the error, and because I cannot open the program, I cannot get into its menu.

As Bill mentioned, this has been happening ever since v1.3
  6.    #646  
    hi bill,

if you go into Launcher's Menu->Info what version number does it show for LudusP?

regards, tyler
    For what its worth, I figure Id mention that now even with 1.9, LudusP has stopped function inside Bike or Die after several days of running fine.... has happened with all versions thus far. Annoying, yet barely even an issue with all the awesomeness LudusP provides
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, after using v1.9 (since the day it came out), I have noticed HUGE stability increases.

Backup software (BackupMan) works great and I'm not getting resets at all like I used to. I was getting resets somewhat regularly with v 1.13 and v 1.6. Since I installed v 1.13 the day I got my 700P, I never found out if the unit would be more stable without it. I just figured the problems I was having was part of the 700p being unstable overall. It seems that prior LudasP versions worked well but caused some instability.

v 1.9 basically made these (instability) problems go away.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin View Post
    hi bill,

if you go into Launcher's Menu->Info what version number does it show for LudusP?

regards, tyler
    Tyler,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you, but I revert to v 1.3 whenever an upgrade fails.

A "Get Info" on the newly installed version you sent me (that crashes with Error 41 as we discussed) reveals the following:

Creator: sh7f
    Type: appl
    Size: 75K + 0K
    M.Date: Sept 19, 2006 9:44
    Version: 1.9

I'd still love to upgrade to 1.9 and experience the benefits that others are talking about. Until then, I'll go back to 1.3.

Regards and thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by BillPetro; 09/19/2006 at 10:46 AM.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    For what it's worth, after using v1.9, I have noticed HUGE stability increases.

Backup software (BackupMan) works great and I'm not getting resets at all like I used to.
    <snip>
    LudusP was the first application I have installed on my (then) Treo 700p.
    My favorite backup app, RescoBackup hasn't worked on my Treo 700p. However, in all my installs/reinstalls of LudusP 1.13/1.9, I found that RescoBackup does work without resets when LudusP 1.13 is unistalled or not enabled.

I'm really looking forward to getting my upgrade to v1.9 resolved so I can re-enable RescoBackup again!

Thanks,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Hey Tyler i Pm'd you i lost my registration code, for ludus p, i included my info in the PM hopefully you can email me again the info..thanks
    I just got a 700p and am trying to get it set up properly from the start. I read the first several pages about this app and everyone loved it...then I skipped to the last of 30-some pages and see issues. Is it best to download the latest version as the virgin one, or go to an older version? I like the premise of button assignment.
  13.    #653  
    hi,

no one to my knowledge has had any problems with v1.9 you can get it here: http://www.ludustech.com/ludusp/

best regards, tyler
    OK, I just bought the app, and it really doesnt do anything that Butler doesnt (that I can tell), but more importantly it really slows things down. The minute I uninstalled it it got better.

If you feel you cant return the $5 I paid for 4 hours use...oh well, but thanks if you do.

Jeff
  15.    #655  
    hi jeff,

i'm more than happy to refund your purchase but i have a few questions

1) why didn't you download the trial and see what features it offered over Butler before buying? that's what the 7-day trial on LudusP is for...

2) To my knowledge LudusP doesn't slow anything down... it uses a specially developed ARM system for that very reason... can you elaborate on how things were slowed down?

as for the feature comparison with Butler, these two products are completely different animals. LudsuP offers many unique features over Butler, and likewise Butler does many things LudusP doesn't. LP allows you to completely remap all your 700p's buttons ! Butler has one or two specific remappings that require checkboxes, whereas with LudusP you can make your buttons do anything you please.

if you still want a refund, please send me and email at support@ludustech.com

with best regards, tyler
    I mis-read the site and thought you had to pay.

I'm not sure if it did slow it down, but uninstalling it helped...you know how it goes, some things remain a mystery.
  17.    #657  
    hi,

i just processed the refund.

>some things remain a mystery

i don't believe it's a mystery... sometimes the 700p displays a small lag changing applications, but more likely there's a conflict on your particular device, as I've never before received this complaint on LudusP (and its user base is large enough that a problem like that would be reported and reconfirmed very quickly).

regards, tyler
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I can not get version 1.9 to work (error 41 like others). Can someone send me a stable version that might work? Thanks.
    I have a 700p and just bought LudusP. I downloaded the latest version. I cannot get several items to work:

*When touchscreen is deactivated during calls [which mine is by default], the "spacebar to toggle speakerphone" function does not work

*Remapping any key to launch Blazer, a specific URL, email, or System Info fails. "The application cannot be launced because of a system error"

Pretty frustrating at the moment, though the software clearly has potential and I like it's relative simplicity.

-EWThompson

Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    I can not get version 1.9 to work (error 41 like others). Can someone send me a stable version that might work? Thanks.
    Last edited by ewthompson; 02/12/2007 at 05:43 PM.
    any word on these items?

thanks.