Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    hi acoustic biker,

are you referring to the down and hold problem? i thought i had fixed the option button's other problems

regards, tyler
    Tyler -

I think that acoustic biker is referring to the lack of functionality for the option button that occurs when you choose the "make menu shift" option in LudusP. If you have that function chosen, the option button only works as a "shift" key, not the option button. Accordingly we are not able to choose any #'s with the option button. For users like myself who have a password that contains #'s that is a major problem.

Thanks...
    For some reason my LudusP is not working. Was working fine then all of sudden it like its not there. Spacebar doesn't toggle speaker, assigned buttons work as default not what I assigned them to in LudusP. Any help will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Depicted1; 06/28/2006 at 09:32 AM.
    "So, Bond, how did the new smartphone work out?"

"Fine, Q. It has excellent aerodynamic properties."

"I'm sorry?"

"I tossed it at a Russian agent, stunning her. Then I took her Treo 700p."
  3.    #543  
    hi, have you tried disabling/re-enabling it?

regards, tyler
    Hi Tyler, when are we going to see another update and will we see these issues fixed? Was waiting patiently, but am becoming disappointed
    -V

---The main problem I'm running into is, when I'm on a call and hit the phone button, it doesn't take me back to the phone screen. It asks me if I want to dial another call...
    This is something I use when on a call and wanting to look up contact info while on a call.

A smaller issue is wanting to hit option end to lock the screen. Even though I have the Home button mapped to the end button, I have to hit option and the top right key.--
    hi, have you tried disabling/re-enabling it?

regards, tyler
    yes still no good even tried to uninstall and reinstall

any assistance will be appreciated!
    "So, Bond, how did the new smartphone work out?"

"Fine, Q. It has excellent aerodynamic properties."

"I'm sorry?"

"I tossed it at a Russian agent, stunning her. Then I took her Treo 700p."
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Hi Tyler, when are we going to see another update and will we see these issues fixed? Was waiting patiently, but am becoming disappointed
    -V

---The main problem I'm running into is, when I'm on a call and hit the phone button, it doesn't take me back to the phone screen. It asks me if I want to dial another call...
    This is something I use when on a call and wanting to look up contact info while on a call.

A smaller issue is wanting to hit option end to lock the screen. Even though I have the Home button mapped to the end button, I have to hit option and the top right key.--
    Here's a workaround. I am assuming you bought LudusP like me because of the Agendus problem. So when on a call, just hit the button you assigned to Agendus and look the contact up in there. That's what I do. In fact, I've been doing it since the 600 and was under the impression that once you are on a call, the Treo has never allowed you to drop back into contacts by hitting the phone button. Because say you were on a call and then dropped into Datebook to check your schedule, pushing the phone button should logically bring you back to the phone call screen so you can hang up the phone. I'm pretty sure this always the way it has worked and I don't think LudusP has broken anything. So what you are asking maybe a new feature.

In fact I just tried it and the phone button asks you to go into Flash mode if you are on a call. Anyone know what that is?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Hi, Tyler. I just tried 1.6 and it still has these problems I described from the beta. You said you would fix them so I just want to remind you for the next version. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl
    Hi Ludus, there a few problems with the 1.6 beta.

First, if you use the menu-as-shift option and hold down that key as you would hold down the shift key on a typewriter it still functions as menu and not as shift. For example, if you hold down menu (as shift) and while holding it down hit the letter 'p' it will do the paste operation instead of typing a capital 'P' as it should. The other (left) shift key and the 650 don't do that.

Second, when assigning a new button to act as menu, the button should not repeat when held down.

Third, when assigning a new button to act as menu, the menu should be shown when the button is released and not when it is pressed. This is so that if you press a key while holding down the menu button you get the associated menu action without actually showing the menu. That's the way the default menu button works (as well as the 650).

I'm one of those people who used to holding down the modifier buttons (shift, menu, option) while pressing the keys they modify and if you could get them working just like the original buttons on the Treo when they are remapped by your program that would be great!

Thanks for a useful app; I bought it on the first day it was released! Good luck on your exams. School should come first, Treo apps second. I heard that you're still in high school, is that true? If so, you are an impressive young man to be a successful developer already!
    I haven't this seen mentioned anywhere else...

I'm a registered user of the first LudusP 1.13.

In upgrading to 1.16, I get the error "Error 41: Cannot open database." and that's as far as it goes.

I have deleted both LudusP and sh7f_tblBtns then reinstalled. Same thing.

Any help?

Thanks.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    I don't use Agendus. On a Stock 650 or 700 pusing the phone button while on a call will bring you back to the phone application where you can then go back into my contacts and look up a number... This is broken with Ludus on the 700p.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Here's a workaround. I am assuming you bought LudusP like me because of the Agendus problem. So when on a call, just hit the button you assigned to Agendus and look the contact up in there. That's what I do. In fact, I've been doing it since the 600 and was under the impression that once you are on a call, the Treo has never allowed you to drop back into contacts by hitting the phone button. Because say you were on a call and then dropped into Datebook to check your schedule, pushing the phone button should logically bring you back to the phone call screen so you can hang up the phone. I'm pretty sure this always the way it has worked and I don't think LudusP has broken anything. So what you are asking maybe a new feature.

In fact I just tried it and the phone button asks you to go into Flash mode if you are on a call. Anyone know what that is?
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
  10.    #550  
    hi bill,

please delete both those databases (LudusP and sh7f_tblBtns) and soft reset. then install afresh.

IamVincent- i think i have a fix... so, in this new version that i will post soon, there are just some bugfixes

ClipCarl- thanks for that reminder. i realize the problem and will add in a LOT of code to handle holds and key ups and such to make remapping totally realistic but i want to get a few smaller bugs fixed first. i'm thinking this will be a v1.9 release

regards, tyler
    LudusAdmin,

I'm getting the same error. I did a warm reset, removed LudusP and sh7f_tblBtns, then another warm reset, then installed LudusP 1.16.

It welcomes me to the 7 day trial... then I get again "Error 41: Cannot open database."

Corrupt .prc file? Where might I get the latest?

Regards,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    I have 2day installed. I do not see 2day as an option in the LudusP drop down list.

is this a bug in ver 1.6??
    Just to throw my 2 cents in to this, I also am having the same problems.
    I got the message "Error 41: Cannot open database." and it screwed up my phone. I had to take it off until an updated version comes out.
    I am also a registered user.
  14.    #554  
    trim- it is fixed in next version
    andy- when do you get this message, and when did it start occuring (what had you recently done?)

thanks! regards, tyler
    trim- it is fixed in next version
    andy- when do you get this message, and when did it start occuring (what had you recently done?)

thanks! regards, tyler
    i need the 2day fix. any idea on when the new version will day view?
  16.    #556  
    yes. i haven't given up on it, one of the bug fixes is giving me a little trouble. update soon...
    Tyler.... I hope you show us something soon 'cause your popularity around TC is going down man...

Al
  18.    #558  
    Cross posted...

Hi,

There is support@ludustech.com which is the support email for registered users. I'll try to address the issues serially:

1) i can't reproduce this database error... and i can't get a clear answer from people as to when it happens
    2) i'm sending an email to eviljack to try and resolve this. please note that in NO case does it require a hard reset... at the most, it'll take a warm reset.
    3) to uninstall LudusP, for those trying to, here: Step 1: Disable LudusP and Reset your device. Step 2: Delete LudusP in ZLauncher or the normal Palm launcher, or in FileZ just delete two things (LudusP and sh7f_tblBtns)

4) I'm very sorry, as I've said again and again, about the delay in this fix. You see, the first three or so weeks of development saw MANY fixes as i was trying to get LudusP to a place where people appreciated the fix and saw it as meeting their needs. After v1.6 beta it seemed many people were happy, and I took on a consulting job which has been tying me up.

The MAIN problem with the fix is, as I've mentioned above, that I have nothing to go on in terms of the database error. Hopefully my email to eviljack will clear that up.

For any interested, I'm 16, but I wouldn't attribute delays to my age; at the very least I think I've shown that I can get updates out quickly and coordinate with user requests.

with sincerest regards, tyler
    Tyler,

I thought 1.6 was buggy and you decided to take it down from your site:
    http://www.ludustech.com/ludusp/
    and you were working on a fix to the function/number key not working. Also, 1.13 seems to be the only app. available for download on your site.

Al
  20.    #560  
    Hi Al! v1.5 was taken down, v1.6 was okay, except for a few bugs. v1.13 is still what's officially up... i'm waiting till all the users give me the okay to replace it

Here's v1.7 beta...

TO INSTALL: Disable LudusP, Reset, HotSync new version

AFTER INSTALL: Test it, let me know if your bug wasn't fixed.

NOTE: I still haven't been able to reproduce this Database error, and i haven't gotten any responses yet from the people i've contacted, but i tried to fix it to the best of my abilities

LINK: http://www.ludustech.com/download.ph...=LudusPv17.zip