Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Hmmm Good question. I assumed it was on everyone's phone by default. I see if there is a pref for it....

Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    okay i have a feeling i know what you're talking about with regard to the call duration. is this a preference that you set in the phone app? i can't get it to appear... (my friend called me and no luck)

regards, tyler
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    I don't see a pref for it either. I get it whenever I make a call and hang up.
    Jimmie Geddes
    okay i have a feeling i know what you're talking about with regard to the call duration. is this a preference that you set in the phone app? i can't get it to appear... (my friend called me and no luck)

regards, tyler

I think people are talking about the call duration for the call log, if so you would need to download the special overlay that actually does this for you its in shadowmites website.
    can you provide a link? I downloaded the phone overlay from shadowmite's site to give me the "Ev-DO" icon. Thanks.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Thanks for LudusP -- just bought a copy of it.

Sorry if any of this has been covered before, as I have to get on a conference call in a moment so don't have time to read through all 23 pages (yowza) of this thread right now:
    • Did something goofy happen with my Palm Quick Install, or does LudusP always install itself both in RAM and on your expansion card? If the latter, why?
    • It would be great if you could enhance LudusP so that you could assign Option + button combinations to launch different programs, as is possible with programs like Treo Button for older Treos and is possible via Palm's own Prefs application on the 700p for all but the Send and Home buttons. Because I've assigned the Send button to run :CmdBar (can use this for shortcuts in DateBk5/6), I'm out of buttons to run applications. Would be great if I could use Option + Send and Option + Home to run a couple more apps.
  6.    #446  
    hi dan,

1) no, it doesn't do this. i think it's your Quick Install...

2) it's coming in v2 still one or two releases before that tho

regards, tyler
    Another feature request

I love the ability to send a text message to ignore an incoming call while you're on the line, but it's like you only have seconds to go to the list and pick the quick text you want to send. I'd like to see a button mapped to a default message...

Also, the text to landline issue is interesting. Anyone know how that works?

Thanks,
    -Vincent
    Last edited by IamVincent; 06/06/2006 at 03:03 PM.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    hi dan,

1) no, it doesn't do this. i think it's your Quick Install...
    Okay. I'm not entirely surprised, as I've been experiencing a lot of HotSync bugs with my 700p.

2) it's coming in v2 still one or two releases before that tho

regards, tyler
    Great! Glad that is planned. And thanks much for the quick response.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Another feature request

I love the ability to send a text message to ignore an incoming call while you're on the line, but it's like you only have seconds to go to the list and pick the quick text you want to send. I'd like to see a button mapped to a default message...

Also, the text to landline issue is interesting. Anyone know how that works?

Thanks,
    -Vincent

I use the txted to landline actually did it by mistake i thought i was sending a txt to a mobile but instead i sent it to a landline. and i tried it with myself , you send a regular txt like you would to a mobile #, when the other person gets it, their phone rings, says press 1 to hear the message, they press it and the automated lady speaks whatever you wrote, then you get a confirmation txt on your phone, saying it was received.
    Tyler,

Great progress thus far! Your application is my only hope that I can use my Treo 700p like I did my Treo 600.

1) I *really really* want to be able to assign screen/keyboard on and off ONLY to the red button or better yet, the rarely accidentally pressed extra side button. This would allow me to toggle on and off interaction with the device and prevent accidental key/screen presses when interaction is toggled off. I want to be able to answer a call, toggle off device interaction without hanging up on someone, and stick the phone back in my pocket. If I need to do something on the Treo, I hit the side button to toggle on interaction and do my thing.

I configured my old Treo 600 so that the rarely accidentally pressed dedicated power button on the top of the phone turned on and off the screen and keyboard. This was great because it allowed me to answer a call, hit the power button to disable everything on the face of the phone and stick it back in my pocket. All in all, the top power button toggled on and off my ability to interact with the device, and I never accidentally hit it.

I don't need a dedicated send and end button. The ones on screen were big enough. I don't even know why Palm added them, but if we can remap them, Iím happy to have extra buttons! =)

2) I'm also experiencing the issue where remapped keys in ChatterEmail do not function with LudusP enabled. LudusP's mappings override ChatterEmail.

3) I use TakePhone and remapping to all-in-one phone button uses the default Phone application rather than TakePhone. Furthermore, I normally have TakePhone configured to jump to the regular Phone application if I hold the phone key down. Iím hoping I don't lose this functionality when you get TakePhone to work with LudusP.

Perhaps the ultimate goal of LudusP could be to be able to remap all the keys/buttons and key combinations (option+key, etc.)? There hasnít been an application made that does that I donít think.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Tyler,

When do you expect v1.6 to be released?

--Rob
    I just found the feature to exclude applications from LudusP key mappings! Sorry I missed that.

For those that haven't found it yet, just go to the LudusP menu and it's right there. It's mentioned in the LudusP manual distributed with the application.
    Where'd everyone go? : )
    I am waiting on 1.6 official release with bug fixes
    Treoing & Loving it
    any plan on adding "holding down button launches extra app" feature of qlaunch in ludusp? qlaunch enables the 4 hard buttons to launch 16 different apps. qlaunch works great (in 650, will try on 700p when i receive it tomorrow), but in need of update for treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by geezy
    this prggy works great but..the only prob i have is i cant get agendus to cycle views like on the 650..i have agendus set wit the calander button..and its just goes to the one date screen
    I don't understand why people are having trouble with Agendus; I set the Calendar button to Agendus in Palm Prefs, and it works perfectly and always has...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Hey! I WORK for GoDaddy!! Your #$##$@ sucks!
    I use GoDaddy all the time to buy domain names for my clients; sorry, but I have to agree, GoDaddy's slow as Christmas...

Prices are great though! And I must say, the new online tools are much much better for working with domain names.
    i fixed it dutchtrumpet, but now LudusTech is down again. Netfirms is really bad as a webhost...

regards, tyler
    Tyler,

If your web host is still giving you fits, my company would be happy to mirror your downloads for free; I'll send you a private message with more info.

Bob
    Last edited by longterm; 06/07/2006 at 07:02 PM.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Tyler,

Got a bit of a weird bug with 1.6 that nobody else seems to have reported. When I press the option button twice in rapid succession to get to option-lock mode, it treats it as though I've hit option-find. In my case, that takes me to Genius, since I've enabled Genius to replace my find function. But I disabled Genius and it still takes me to the find function. It doesn't happen every time, but a little more than every other time. And it seems like if I press the option button twice in slower succession, it is less likely to take me to the find function.

As for my LudusP settings, I've got it set to make the phone button the all-in-one button, to make the send button the menu button, and to make the menu button the shift button. Other than that, I've got nothing else set on LudusP.
    Thanks.

Mike