Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'll be typing an email about to finish, or writing out an SMS when all the sudden my Treo just resets and I'll lose whatever I was working on because somebody sent me a text message. I tried uninstalling Ringo and VeriChat... I tried contacting Sprint... I've tried almost everything... This has happened since I first bought the phone.. Please help! Anyone!.. Any info is much appreciated.. thank you..
  2.    #2  
    I've also upgraded to the newest firmware and there was no change...
    I had that problem with Butler and Phone Technician installed. I uninstalled both and the problem went away. I don't know if that's what's causing yours though.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  4.    #4  
    Ugh unfortunatly I don't have either of those apps... This is so frustrating especially when I can't get help from my cell phone company OR Palm...
    Try deleting your messages_database file. It's probably corrupt.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    Yea I tried that too.. it seems like I've tried EVERYthing... all well I'm gonna go run it over and get a new one. Cheers.
    Have you installed fat32? I was having the same problem. Going back to fatfs seems to have solved it. Just over a week now without a single reset. I was having several a day before all related to SMS. I have a number of apps running in the background which likely aggravates the problem.
  8.    #8  
    ok I fixed it... turns out it was Documents to Go Inbox that I didn't individually delete... So now no resets.. but now whenever I recieve a message it's either blank or gibberesh like ýýØÖÕ¿... Any ides on this?
    My GSM 650 has been very stable until recently it gave me a reset upon an incoming SMS. It happened a couple of times in the past week. #*377 says the reset was caused by "TreoSMS Stub" followed by "Fatal Exception". I can't seem to identify the source. A few weeks ago, when I was running the new version of Phone Technician (2.40 I think) I had SMS-related resets very often, mostly happens either upon an incoming SMS or when I was navigating the Messaging program. After I switched back to 2.14, the frequent resets went away. But now it seems to be re-surfacing again although much less often. Any idea what might have really caused the TreoSMS Stub reset? TIA.

KS
    If you have a good backup, a quick test would be to hard reset your Treo. This will delete everything. Then try your SMS test. If it works, then you KNOW something you are loading is causing the problem - reinstall each app one by one with the SMS test in between each one to find the culprit.

If it doesnt work, then you know its the Treo and not the software you loaded, so you can go get yet another one. Maybe its a SIM card issue, or may be related to SMS service disruption in your area.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Hello AFLunatic,

This is Kevin from Palm. ZBoater’s suggestion is a good one. But before you try that, are you now, or have you ever been, a corporate email user? If this is the case, there’s an explanation for the gibberish in the Palm Knowledge Library article ”Garbled strings of text in an SMS message”. There are also a couple of other possibilities noted in the article regarding photos via SMS or messages coming from phones with different character sets.

Hope that’s of some help.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    WOW! Palm Techs giving advice on TC! Super!

I used to have the opposite problem: my T650 would reset after sending an SMS. Real P-I-T-A, and it was definitely related to the carrier, as the problem went away when I was roaming internationally or using a different SIM.

In anycase the whole problem went away after I installed the most recent Palm GSM update (1.20 right?). So are you up-to-date Lunatic?
    -mbd26
    Quote Originally Posted by mbd26
    WOW! Palm Techs giving advice on TC! Super!
    Well, we try to maintain a presence on the boards. But just to clarify, I'm not with Technical Support and only base my suggestions on Palm Knowledge Library solutions or personal experience as best I can. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

Kevin
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out what’s new at
  14.    #14  
    All fixed thanks kevin!
    for those who were having problems with Phone Technician, I just wanted to post that there was a problem if you used phone tech to replace the ringer sound. It was fixed about a month ago.

To fix,
    1) upgrade here http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php
    2) go into the standard preferences app and select any sound for the sms sound

sorry about that.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by AFLunatic
    All fixed thanks kevin!
    good to hear

Kevin
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out what’s new at
    My Treo resets when I recieve SMS messages from people out of state. Local NYC metro area is fine but I have people from SC, Chicago, LA, Philly.....whenever they text me it will reset unless I have my Treo on vibrate only. Any suggested fixes or idea on what the prob is?
    To Kevin, why is it that Palm reps like you, Heather Cullen, Paul Novotny seem to visit these non-official Palm forums (here, Brighthand, PDABlast, etc) and yet don't bother trying to answer the zillions of questions at the Palm boards that doesn't get any response? I'm not trying to start any flames, just curious what your response is.

It just seems sad that Palm has set up its own forums after many years but no Palm people visit and try to help Palm users. That's all.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I also get the frequent resets and I don't use Phone Technican. Any others apps known to cause this? I have tried deleting the message_database file, but I still get the resets.

I do have the ROM with the FAT32 stuff included, is there a way to change back to FAT16 without reloading a ROM not containing the FAT32 stuff? any other suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr
    To Kevin, why is it that Palm reps like you, Heather Cullen, Paul Novotny seem to visit these non-official Palm forums (here, Brighthand, PDABlast, etc) and yet don't bother trying to answer the zillions of questions at the Palm boards that doesn't get any response? I'm not trying to start any flames, just curious what your response is.

It just seems sad that Palm has set up its own forums after many years but no Palm people visit and try to help Palm users. That's all.
    Answering all the questions on these forums would be a full time Job.

Kevin has been around for quite a while and is always quite helpful. So I gave him crazy kudos and appreciation for spending the time.

Also keep in mind, that as employees of Palm, they may not be able to answer every question that gets asked. Well, if they want to keep their job anyway.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast