1.    #1  
    So after VZW shipped me the w instead of the p; I stopped into a VZW store (theres, not an authorized retailer) to see when they'd get the p. They weren't sure but said they date has been pushed into June; and that while it is available online they are actually shipping w's instead of p's. (at least in the south).

I faxed the info to my contact at VZW, I'll see what happens tomorrow.
    If they sent you a w instead of a p, that was their mistake. Call up telesales and they wiil ship you out a 700p and tell you how to send back your w. You may be charged again for the new one, but you'll get a refund for the old one when they receive it. It shouldn't matter where you are in the US.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace
    If they sent you a w instead of a p, that was their mistake. Call up telesales and they wiil ship you out a 700p and tell you how to send back your w. You may be charged again for the new one, but you'll get a refund for the old one when they receive it. It shouldn't matter where you are in the US.
    Tried that - just before they completed the order I asked for the Stock Number, and, sho 'nuff, they were going to ship me another w (despite my clearly stating I wanted a p) Once I explained that I didn't want a w and that it was not the same as a p, the person couldn't find the p and said they "don't have them in stock."

That's when I contacted someone who ghad helped me before.

I know VZW will make it right; but it is frustrating - mainly because I want it now!
    lol... who knew there was something more frustrating than not having a 700 at all
    Yeah, it's definitely frustrating and maddening. But I think the problem you've run into is not Verizon-wide. It's just that certain of the reps don't have a clue. If you keep calling, you'll get somebody who can help you.