Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Dad is getting a 700p soon and I told him to buy the 3-pack of Boxwave Crystal screen protectors.
    I checked out their website and the 3-pack for the 650 is $18.95 and for the 700p it's $27.95.
    I see they're $27.95 for the 700w.
    Aren't the 650 and the 700 screens the same size?
    I dunno, but that's just wrong. If there is a physical difference (i.e. better material, chemical coating, something) then fine, but for Pete's sake, Business 101 tells you to explain that on the site! Was there no explanation of the difference?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I still have 2 of the 3 Boxwave Cyrstals left from my 650 3 pack. They will do fine.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I still have 2 of the 3 Boxwave Cyrstals left from my 650 3 pack. They will do fine.

Cheers, Perry.
    Sorta. Has anyone here ever sucessfully "cleaned" these reusable screen protectors? If so, um, HOW???
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I purchased a single protector from Boxwave for my 600 way back in October 2003 and it is still in perfect condition! I just purchased another one for my 700p on the way. Hopefully it will last another 2-3 years

These are pretty much the best screen protectors you can get!
    Boxwave likes to advertise that items are "specially made" for the specific phone, when in fact it is a generic design or somtimes even desiged for other phones.

I just purchased a stylus with pen for the "650". but it fits the 700 better.

Special 2-in-1 for the "650", actually for the 600 since it has a switch.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Sorta. Has anyone here ever sucessfully "cleaned" these reusable screen protectors? If so, um, HOW???
    I have. It's really hard to do because you need to dry them off with a hair dryer and it takes a while. They also mention if there's a tiny bit of water left on them, it's ok to put it on, but I don't like the idea of having water on my brand new treo.

Perry, if the 650 protectors fit, let us know so we can order the "cheap" 650 ones instead of the 700-specific ones.
    <br>
    Which ones are best, "anti-glare" or "crystal" screen savers?

Thanks
    - Jeeman
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeMan
    Which ones are best, "anti-glare" or "crystal" screen savers?

Thanks
    You want the crystal clear ones... the anit-glare make the screen really fuzzy, in my opinion.
    There's a simple reason for the price difference.

Boxwave is suckering you because you have a new model. There is no difference between the 600/650/700 screens.

Do yourself a favor and get Martin Fields screen protectors. They work great, and you can even wash and reuse easily (unlike brands that say they are washable, but really aren't.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    You want the crystal clear ones... the anit-glare make the screen really fuzzy, in my opinion.
    I agree - it is amazing how clear the screen looks when I remove the anti-glare one I have - but I paid $15 for a pack of 3, so I am gonna use it for a while.

Also - I tried to wash one too - as said above, you have to be careful when drying - you certainly don't want to get any dust on it. But the "sticky" does stay "sticky".
    So are these boxwave ones really that much better than the Palm ones?
    Yeah... Boxwave are far better than the Palm one's in my opinion... that Palm sizeable, cut here and cut there thing is craaaaap -
    do yourself a bigger favor; go to your local kinkos & get a clear plastic paper - the kind they use for overhead projectors. Cut it down to squares (slightly larger than the screen so it slips under the lip around the screen). the static will keep in on the screen - no stickiness needed. A whole sheet will get you around 12 squares for less than $1. I would not pay $15 for 3 little friggin squares!!!!
    I used to do that for an old clie i used to use. It got warm in my pocket or something and got condinsation under the plastic never used them again (think it would be worse up against your ear). I like the sticky ones because there is no air between
    Yikes, I'd be kinda scared to stick something in between the frame and the screen. Also, I've also tried all sorts of those screen protectors that claim to be washable and reusable. I've yet to actually get one in usable condition again after trying to wash and clean them.
    I don't know if you had a fever or what but I always keep mine in my pocket & NEVER see any condensation at all. Also there is no danger by putting it between the "frame" & "screen". Maybe you are misunderstanding. You want to waste youe money, be my guest!
    Or... I recommend http://shop.brando.com.hk/

They're better than the boxwave crystals, and great customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    do yourself a bigger favor; go to your local kinkos & get a clear plastic paper - the kind they use for overhead projectors. Cut it down to squares (slightly larger than the screen so it slips under the lip around the screen). the static will keep in on the screen - no stickiness needed. A whole sheet will get you around 12 squares for less than $1. I would not pay $15 for 3 little friggin squares!!!!
    Does it slide around if you try to drag and drop something?
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus
    Or... I recommend http://shop.brando.com.hk/

They're better than the boxwave crystals, and great customer service.
    Count another vote for Brando. I've used their screen protectors for years, and am big fan. I bought Boxwave when I first got my T3... I couldn't tell much of a difference between the BW and Brando, but the Brandos were less expensive and the customer service is far better than I exprerienced with Boxwave.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast