Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Add another complain to Boxwave's "customer service" - I ordered a VersaCharger PRO and a MiniSync cable - every other company's MiniSync cable has a button on the Dock connector to let you sync by pressing it. Their site (from the pictures and no indication it doesn't) makes you think theirs has a button. I got it - and NO BUTTON. I wrote them and they said they had one in development and would notify me when it comes out. Then I said I would just return the item for a refund, and magically they said they would send a version with the button. I think they have the button version and are trying to closeout/sell the non-button ones first.

To make things worse, even though they said they were sorry for the confusion, they want me to pay another $4.95 shipping to ship the new one to me (and then I have to pay to return the old one) - what crap! They are going to charge me $5 to ship something that weighs maybe 5 ounces and something that fulfills what I originally expected?

Their responses were very un-customer service-friendly and I wouldn't recommend them, unless you know what to expect from them service-wise.
  2. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    wow, maybe I would write them and get the one with the button... I also assumed it had one, but it didnt, didn't bother me that much though...

--Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by macguitar View Post
    Add another complain to Boxwave's "customer service" - I ordered a VersaCharger PRO and a MiniSync cable - every other company's MiniSync cable has a button on the Dock connector to let you sync by pressing it. Their site (from the pictures and no indication it doesn't) makes you think theirs has a button. I got it - and NO BUTTON. I wrote them and they said they had one in development and would notify me when it comes out. Then I said I would just return the item for a refund, and magically they said they would send a version with the button. I think they have the button version and are trying to closeout/sell the non-button ones first.

To make things worse, even though they said they were sorry for the confusion, they want me to pay another $4.95 shipping to ship the new one to me (and then I have to pay to return the old one) - what crap! They are going to charge me $5 to ship something that weighs maybe 5 ounces and something that fulfills what I originally expected?

Their responses were very un-customer service-friendly and I wouldn't recommend them, unless you know what to expect from them service-wise.
    Verizon Treo 700p w/ Martin Fields and Best Skin Ever film (sold)
    So far I've had great experiences with their customer email support. Just recently I wrote them about how the lack of a hotsync button was pushing me to buy my 700p accessories from JavoEdge, and they were very accomodating (it probably helps that I've been a long-time customer). I'm sure it's only a matter of weeks before they officially release the Minisync with Hotsync button, given that they were able to ship me this new cable today. Overall, I like Boxwave, though I have to admit they are a little expensive, and I am definitely not happy about being charged so much more for 700p accessories that look identical to previous Treo accessories.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234