Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Martin Fields - great protectors and great customer service (unlike Coxwave..I mean Boxwave)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Martin Fields - great protectors and great customer service (unlike Coxwave..I mean Boxwave)
    Well, Boxwave charging so much more for identical screen protectors definitely makes them look like a bunch of pinheads.

But I have to go with DrDoom here...

customer support for screen protectors? Dude! It's a piece of plastic.

Given Boxwave's greed, I'd consider switching from Boxwave if I found something as clear as their Crystal protectors. I can't even tell it's on there!
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    What about the javoscreen 2.0 crystal clear ones? They are supposed to be on par with the boxwave.

$15.95 for a 3-pack (plus shipping) @ Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FEFRZE/sr=8-3/qid=1149651713/ref=sr_1_3/104-0022316-2630311?%5Fencoding=UTF8
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    What about the javoscreen 2.0 crystal clear ones? They are supposed to be on par with the boxwave.

$15.95 for a 3-pack (plus shipping) @ Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FEFRZE/sr=8-3/qid=1149651713/ref=sr_1_3/104-0022316-2630311?%5Fencoding=UTF8
    Thanks for the tip. Unless Boxwave lowers their prices, I'll check these out the next time I need screen protectors.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    For what it's worth. I've put the Boxwave on multiple Treos, as well as my LifeDrive. The results were typically very good, and I liked the protector. However, occasionally, if I had to "fiddle" with the positioning, the final result would be that the screen protector would bubble slightly on the edge, no matter what I did (I think eventually it "settled" down after a few days/weeks, though). In addition, after about 10 months of usage on my LifeDrive, the Boxwave is scratched in the graffiti area, even with extreme care in using the stylus and keeping the screen clean.

Yesterday, I purchased and applied 3 Martin Fields Overlay Plus protectors. The installation process was quite a bit smoother, and even when I had to "fiddle" around with one (pull it up and reapply), the final result was fine. The ONLY unique difficulty with the Martin Fields was the challenge in separating the backing from the protector.
    Yeah, I've found the Boxwaves to be the easiest to apply because of the little tab on the side of the backing that you pull on to remove the backing from the protector. They've changed them though. I ordered a 3 pack of the 650 protectors for my 700P and they no longer have the layer attached to the front of the protector that helps in positioning the protector. It used to be 3 layers, the backing, then actual screen protector on top of the backing, then the positioning / protective layer on top. Now it's just the protector and the backing.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Yeah, I've found the Boxwaves to be the easiest to apply because of the little tab on the side of the backing that you pull on to remove the backing from the protector. They've changed them though. I ordered a 3 pack of the 650 protectors for my 700P and they no longer have the layer attached to the front of the protector that helps in positioning the protector. It used to be 3 layers, the backing, then actual screen protector on top of the backing, then the positioning / protective layer on top. Now it's just the protector and the backing.
    I just got a 3pack yesterday and installed on my 700P & 600. Sadly, the edge opposite the tab is LIFTING on both installs - tapering from 1/16th to 1/8th inch along the whole edge. I have experience with Boxwave anti glare and didn't have this problem before. I have good hands and laid them on the first try - no repositioning. Maybe I got a bad batch - old adhesive? I've requested an exchange or refund.

Are you happy with yours? No edge/corner lifts?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Mine are fine. Sometimes when you first apply them, you'll get bubbles near the edges, but those go away after a couple of days.
    ^install went very clean - no bubbles but lifting on a couple corners and that one edge. And there's no way I touched that edge because the backing is still on that half of the film while I position it. Boxwave did reply and will send replacements. I just hope they're good.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    I just got a 3pack yesterday and installed on my 700P & 600. Sadly, the edge opposite the tab is LIFTING on both installs - tapering from 1/16th to 1/8th inch along the whole edge. I have experience with Boxwave anti glare and didn't have this problem before. I have good hands and laid them on the first try - no repositioning. Maybe I got a bad batch - old adhesive? I've requested an exchange or refund.

Are you happy with yours? No edge/corner lifts?
    That's exactly what happened with SOME of the Boxwaves I used, which is why I prefer the Martin Fields now. However, they may settle down after a few days.
    Should I wait then?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    Well, Boxwave charging so much more for identical screen protectors definitely makes them look like a bunch of pinheads.

But I have to go with DrDoom here...

customer support for screen protectors? Dude! It's a piece of plastic.

Given Boxwave's greed, I'd consider switching from Boxwave if I found something as clear as their Crystal protectors. I can't even tell it's on there!
    Customer service - like when one gets damaged, they send another one, rather than make you buy it again.

I said customer service, not "support". Literacy is a lost art these days.
    So is the final verdict on this is that they are both the same (650 and 700p)?
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    So is the final verdict on this is that they are both the same (650 and 700p)?
    No, they are not the same.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I'd been using the same Boxwave protector that I bought back in Dec 2003 for my 600 and 650.

I recently bought a 3-pack of Smartphone Experts protectors from the TreoCentral store. I put one on my 700p shortly after I got it and didn't think the touchscreen sensitivity was as good as my old Boxwave. So when I had to exchange my 700p I took the opportunity to reapply my original Boxwave on my 700p. I washed it with some liquid soap and water then dried it with some canned air, then blew off the 700p with the canned air and reinstall was simple.

ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by yoskater
    I think I'm going with BSE

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...w-Total/Detail

$8 shipped why not? This is mostly for a full body protector, I might go try that kinkos this for the screen. Right now I'm using a crappy palm one
    I use the BSE skin for the main body. I don't like the screen protecter, as it's got a little too much give for sliding the stylus across the screen. Otherwise the BSE sking is amazing, and I highly recomend it.

One note: allocate a couple of hours to install the BSE skin... I found best results adding one piece at a time, letting it partly cure, then moving on to the next piece.
    Yeah, the Invisible Shield and BSE screen protector pieces suck. Stick with BoxWave ClearTouch or Martin Fields for your screen.
    Brando's are $10 each. Boxwave is 3 for $19.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  19. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I've ordered from Boxwave several times and they are fine. I've used their Anti-Glare films on my 650, I got the 3-pack and only used 1 on the 650. When I got the 700p I used one of the remaining ones. I had the infamous "access logo reset loop" and had to return the phone, didn't feel like removing and reapplying, so I used my last one. I contacted Boxwave before I got the 700p and they said the films for the 700p and the 650 are different. But I noticed at Martin Field's website they are selling the same film (same part number) for both models. So I just used my 650 film. I guess the 700p might be a *tiny* bit bigger, but the 650 ones works fine.

I've also used Martin Field protectors on my iPods and they are probably the clearest protector I've used. I've used the Boxwave clear one as well, on my digicam, and it works fine. On my iPod I've used Invisible Shield and I love it. On the 700p (both of them) I've installed BestSkinEver skins and it absolutely rocks! Same thing as the InvisibleShield but at like 1/3 the price! Highly recommended! I would use either the anti-glare or a clear protector instead of the BSE film on the screen though, as they are more clear.

I like the anti-glare one coz I use my finger tips on the touchscreen all the time and the anti-glare is more prone to fingerprints. But it is not as clear as the crystal one or the MF, so one of these days I'll order a clear film for the 700p... I'm gonna try the Brando one this time...
    Verizon Treo 700p w/ Martin Fields and Best Skin Ever film (sold)
    I can't believe that everyone is paying the price that they are for a piece of plastic film. I have had a treo since the 600 came out. When I purchased the 600, I looked into screen protectors, and (4-5 years ago). I ended up buying Screenguardz. I bought a pack of 15, for $10.00. I am now on the T700p. Out of the 15 protectors (thats how they are packaged) that I purchased for the 600, I still have eight left (because of replacing 2 phones, and couple of botch jobs, installing the protectors.

I know a lot of Treo users, and all have commented that they can't believe how clear the protectors are. I put these things on and they last forever. Had one on my T600 for over 2 years (by the way the screen sizes are all the same).

Try them you will like them. At $9.99 for 15 of them who can go wrong.

http://www.screenguardz.com/?c=Palm

Good-luck
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast