Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Have tried both the Boxwave and SmartPhoneExperts screen protectors on my 700P - they both fit just fine.

I'm going to use the SmartPhoneExperts though - its anti-glare surface is far better than the Boxwave anti-glare. The Boxwave Crystal gives the sharpest look, but the reflections off its surface are pretty annoying.

have fun!
    Does not slide aroind at all. But my point it is so inexpensive, why not try it out before saying it won't work? Just do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino
    Does it slide around if you try to drag and drop something?
    Quote Originally Posted by 77d7
    Count another vote for Brando. I've used their screen protectors for years, and am big fan. I bought Boxwave when I first got my T3... I couldn't tell much of a difference between the BW and Brando, but the Brandos were less expensive and the customer service is far better than I exprerienced with Boxwave.
    You needed customer service for screen protectors???
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I've used Boxwave's screen protectors, but recently purchased some from TreoCentral here: http://store.treocentral.com/content.../15-43--28.htm

They work fantastic, and the price is cheaper than Boxwave.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    You needed customer service for screen protectors???
    Not for any issues... Just in the sense of nice, fast shipping (they get to me quicker than Boxwave's, even though they ship from Hong Kong) and in my experience, Boxwave CS just stinks (specifically, two instances where they would not honor coupon codes they had issued me) whereas I've never had any issues with Brando.

Plus, in my opinion, Boxwave is way overpriced... anything I would buy from them (I've bought chargers, sync cables, and screen protectors from them at various times) I have been able to find identical or higher quality items for much less elsewhere.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Sorta. Has anyone here ever sucessfully "cleaned" these reusable screen protectors? If so, um, HOW???
    When I removed the Boxwave Cleartouch from my 600 to install on my 650 I washed it with a bit of water and liquid soap; then shook it dry and reapplied. Been using the same one for two and a half years and it looks okay. Though there are some grid marks (in the right light visible from an angle) from way too many hours of Bejeweled playing.
    LOL like it's the Monster cable of the screen protectors.
    One "pack" of the boxwave comes with how many protectors, just one?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    There's a simple reason for the price difference.

Boxwave is suckering you because you have a new model. There is no difference between the 600/650/700 screens.

Do yourself a favor and get Martin Fields screen protectors. They work great, and you can even wash and reuse easily (unlike brands that say they are washable, but really aren't.)
    Ditto that... the regular price for a 3-pack for both 650 and 700 is $38.85, but they're offering a 51% discount for the 650, and only 28% for the 700p.

Anyone care to email them and see what is their response?
    Quote Originally Posted by kiancheong
    Ditto that... the regular price for a 3-pack for both 650 and 700 is $38.85, but they're offering a 51% discount for the 650, and only 28% for the 700p.

Anyone care to email them and see what is their response?
    And their response would be "obviously, you are not an *****, please buy whatever you want. This is our marketing department strategy."
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    So what's the verdict? Are the screen protectors identical on the 650 and 700p?

That's a lot of money to spend on a 650 sheet for using on the 700p - if they are off by a little bit I could just cut some old ones myself for that kind of fit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbert
    So what's the verdict? Are the screen protectors identical on the 650 and 700p?

That's a lot of money to spend on a 650 sheet for using on the 700p - if they are off by a little bit I could just cut some old ones myself for that kind of fit!
    I peeled mine off the 650 and put it on my new 700p. Perfect fit, no problems. (Using Boxwave anti-glare).
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    I peeled mine off the 650 and put it on my new 700p. Perfect fit, no problems. (Using Boxwave anti-glare).
    Thanks much, TJ. Time to order!
    I think I'm going with BSE

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...w-Total/Detail

$8 shipped why not? This is mostly for a full body protector, I might go try that kinkos this for the screen. Right now I'm using a crappy palm one
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    Boxwave sucks. I purchased from them last year, on recommendation from Treocentral. Might as well have just taken $30 and burned it. The screen protectors were terrible. Tried to return them but was a hassle and not worth my time. Bought the cut and paste ones from Palm and they work fine.
    Those cut to fit ones from Palm are the worst screen protectors I've ever used.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoskater
    I think I'm going with BSE

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...w-Total/Detail

$8 shipped why not? This is mostly for a full body protector, I might go try that kinkos this for the screen. Right now I'm using a crappy palm one
    I can't vouch for BSE or IS for use on a touch-screen, but I've used both--they're identical, so I choose BSE, b/c $8 is better than $25--on three different cell phones, and have one on order for my new Treo. For me, these skins are one of those 'killer apps'... protects without a big bulky case.

I'm interested to see how the stylus works over the top of one on the touchscreen... if it drags too much, I'll use the BSE on the body and get a Brando to cover the screen.
    Just in case you have trouble finding Martin Fields, it's the same as overlaysplus.com.

They also have protectors for a bunch of other phones and pdas.

So far, theses are the only ones I have found to be truely washable and re-useable.
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    I have. It's really hard to do because you need to dry them off with a hair dryer and it takes a while. They also mention if there's a tiny bit of water left on them, it's ok to put it on, but I don't like the idea of having water on my brand new treo.

Perry, if the 650 protectors fit, let us know so we can order the "cheap" 650 ones instead of the 700-specific ones.

The 650 Boxwave Cyrstal fits fine. Slightly, (ever so very slightly) smaller than the screen.

Washing: run lukewarm tap water, a dab of hand soap (NOT dish washing liquid) rub both sides under running water lightly with fingers, rinse (now holding only between the edges so as not to leave finger prints), dry with hair dryer on low power and heat, slap it back on. (Try to stay away from lint and dust when you are doing all this.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Yeah - I've had not so friendly experiences with Boxwave customer service. For an accessories company, I've spent probably 200 dollars there in 5-6 orders.

You think they would be more friendly. By charging extra for the 700, it's basically trying to sell the same product for more to ignorant buyers.

Maybe I should find another company to buy accessories from...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast