Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I went to the airport Palm store today in the JFK airport to buy my new 700P for Sprint. At least they were honest - they told me that the ESN is not yet in the Sprint database and I cannot register it. I thought perhaps she was wrong and took my new phone to a Sprint store to do an esn swap and they told me that the ESN was not in the database.

They have no idea when it will be either! So do yourself a favor and buy from Sprint (if you can find one), not from Palm, or you will have to wait - perhaps a day, week or month - who knows!!!
    ahhhh...maybe that's why palm couldn't ship right away.
    Hopefully, that will not be an issue for those of us who ordered online from Palm. We shall see on Tues/Wed.

I urge everyone who ordered from Palm not to freak out about this thread until its confirmed. Remember the fiasco over the developer discount/suspended order thread.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  4.    #4  
    When I took it to the Sprint store, the guys was like "Wow, that's a hot phone - where did you get the new700p?" I was like, not from you idiots, obviously.
    I'm sure it'll be fine...they prolly update this week
    hmmmm..... I wonder how Merlyn got his activated and provisioned if the ESN wasn't in the system... Kind of also reminds me of those few Samsung i550's that were floating around and got activated, I wonder how those were done?????
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Maybe, but I doubt it is true.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Intresting spin on the delays, personally i think its got nothing to do with it though. I just think it was a **** on palms behalf, not enough to go around i dont know?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Just bought a treo 700p (sprint) from a palm store, then tried to activate it and sprint said the ESN is not in the system and the phone cannot be activated...anyone have any ideas??
    That sucks.

Got mine at a Palm store, too. No problem getting it activated.
    Quote Originally Posted by thereaboygenius
    Just bought a treo 700p (sprint) from a palm store, then tried to activate it and sprint said the ESN is not in the system and the phone cannot be activated...anyone have any ideas??
    <merged>
    See post above and below yours.

Sprint systems are likely to have all the ESN loaded and ready for activation on specific date to make sure of stock and roll out consistency.

Some phones are being activated ahead of schedule depending on who's helping you.
    Didnt realize the threads were merged...can't activate mine...anyone have any ideas? its for a very important client of mine will give $100 to anyone who can have it activated today
    Last edited by thereaboygenius; 05/29/2006 at 02:21 PM.
    Bought mine this morning at Palm store in Century City - I activated mine just fine - phone is working - still waiting for EVDO to kick in...
    Another absolutely garbage thread.

Mods, please lock.

Sprint ESNs are established during last phase manufacturing. They are good way before devices ship for testing purposes.

This is bull shyte.
  15.    #15  
    Mikec, you are out of your mind. I am the thread starter. How can you say this is bs? And there is another one (above) with the same problem. I wish I was making this up - the only thing more frustrating than not finding a 700p is having one that you cant activate.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I really hope this doesn't happen to all Treo's.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Kinda ironic that the "Chicken Little" DVD came out last week...
    This isn't happening. A few people who got their Sprint Treo 700p's have already activated them, even calling to do an ESN. This sounds like a Palm store person not knowing much. Anyone who ordered them through Palm will be able to activate it. TRUST ME.
    Jimmie Geddes
  19.    #19  
    Guys, you aren't listening - I thought the person at the Palm store was clueless when they told me I couldn't activate it immediatley, so I even took it to the local Sprint store. They bar code scanned the ESN (underneath the battery), and the computer said the serial number is not in the Sprint db. Lawilson, get a life. I am spending my memorial day trying to help others so they don't have the same problem I am experiencing.
    Call up and complain to the Sprint CS, make sure you get in touch with a manager who knows what customer service is about.

If Palm store sold you the phone, Sprint can activate the phone, else why sell them if you cannot use the phone now.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast