Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7
    Lawilson, get a life. I am spending my memorial day trying to help others so they don't have the same problem I am experiencing.
    I do have a life. I'm not running online every other minute checking the status of my Palm order, I'm not posting that all Developer orders will be cancelled, and I'm not starting panic threads that only confuse an obviously high strung crowd as it is. My "Chicken Little" comment is very fitting for the posts here over the last 24-48 hrs. I'm spending my memorial day relaxing.
    It looks like your also spending part of your Memorial Day reading/posting at treocentral Nothing wrong with that
    Jimmie Geddes
    Then how did other SPrint Treo 700ps get activated over the weekend? Do you really think Palm is going to ship us phones we can't use yet?? If so they are in for a terrible week off bashing, and not just on treocentral froums. Major news tech sites will slaughter them. I just find this very, very hard to believe.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    It looks like your also spending part of your Memorial Day reading/posting at treocentral Nothing wrong with that
    LOL. I subscribed to several threads some time ago and I keep getting the emails for them so I decided to spend a few mintues reading up. Anyway, there's only so much Barbeque you can eat!
  5.    #25  
    THis is my last post - for you non-believers: Call the JFK airport store - they will confim my story http://www.palm.com/us/products/whe.../palmOneretail/

Just a quick "Told 'ya So!" in advance ;-)
    I know the clerks at the store might be telling you this, but this sounds too far fetched. People on treocentral have posted this weekend that they've set up their Sprint Treo 700p's.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I know the clerks at the store might be telling you this, but this sounds too far fetched. People on treocentral have posted this weekend that they've set up their Sprint Treo 700p's.
    But Jimmy - It is PALM and SPRINT - there is a possibility that SOME inventory could be out w/o being in Sprint's system yet. Right?

Or call Verizon - see if they can activate it!
    Scaryhumor did a ESN swap at a Sprint store. Are you saying because we bought our Sprint Treo 700p's from Palm it can't be done? If so Palm is in for a bad week, somehow I still find this to be untrue.

Here's his link

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115247
    Jimmie Geddes
    If it is indeed the case I am sure Sprint and Palm will have this resolved before Treo 700ps get into our hands. This would be soooo bad for Palm.
    Jimmie Geddes
  10.    #30  
    I am not saying that ALL phones purchased directly from Palm will have this problem; I just think the odds are increased. I just called back and the rep elaborated on the story - said that all 10 they received had this problem. They sent Sprint a list of all their ESN's in stock to get this issue rectified. Actually, why am I bothering explaing this; just so I can get called a story teller... You guys gotta lighten up.
    Mariog7 we believe this happened to you. It just seems so far fetched, and ridiculous that Palm would do this. I believe you. So you should really call Palm and complain about this, and see if they can do anything to help you since you drove to their aiport store to get this phone. Palm tech support is opened, and if it were me and I was sitting with a non-cellular Treo 700p I'd be p***ed off.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I can tell you that the SF Palm store's 700p's can be activated. Mine was.
    Mariog7 we believe this happened to you. It just seems so far fetched, and ridiculous that Palm would do this. I believe you. So you should really call Palm and complain about this, and see if they can do anything to help you since you drove to their aiport store to get this phone. Palm tech support is opened, and if it were me and I was sitting with a non-cellular Treo 700p I'd be p***ed off.
    I concur. I wasn't directly attacking you (if you were offended I apologize sincerely). I'm attacking this whole Chicken Little atmosphere on the board, and most of it was been unfounded. Your case may be true, but many others have not been. Take the Developer thread for instance. What a load of crap. Scaring people like that, causing people to cancel orders, worry about the "authorities" coming after them, etc. It was ridiculous. My whole point was that we all need to tone it down a notch. Now, since your problem is legit, I apologize for vocalizing my frustration in this thread.
  14.    #34  
    Thanks, Jimmie. Actually, do you have the Palm tech support phone number - I couldn't find it on their website. Thanks.
  15.    #35  
    Gotcha, lawilson. Sorry if I jumped the gun, just frustrated with the situation (as you can imagine).
    mariog7 sounds lie he's trying to do us a favor, ergo not deserving of a kicking-aroun Nixon-style. lighten up.
    yes, 1-800-881-7256 thats the palm store, but there's an option for tech support.

I also have a tech support # 813-813-4913
    Jimmie Geddes
    No one is kicking him around, we just don't want to scare people. That stupid developers phones being suspended scared the crap out of me, I've have a dev. account for 5 years and called Palm right away and they said that it wasn't true, and my order was processing, and an hour later I got an email saying it shipped. So many people cancelled their orders. Mariog is trying to help, and so are we. It's all good.
    Jimmie Geddes
    You and I are on the same page Jimmie. Mariog is all good. The title of his post was just a bit frightening.
    Mario call them and let us know how you make out. Lawilson and I were only trying to help out, after the suspended developers phone thread was posted it did a lot of damage, we just wanted to get the facts out. We don't doubt for a second this happened to you.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast