Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anybody happy with Mapquest listed on the bookmark screen that shows up about half the size of the screen? Worthless. Are there any online maps that will display full screen on the 700p? Google has great maps for pda/smartphones, but not for Palm Treos, just the cheap phones. You'd think they'd want to have it on the most popular smartphone around, but guess not.

When I was in the local Verizon store I saw phones that were half the price of the Treos having built in GPS, Google Maps, live TV and streaming downloadable music. I guess paying top dollar for a phone doesn't mean you'll get all the bells and whistles the cheap phones have?
    Use the Maps in On Demand, they do show up full screen.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Use the Maps in On Demand, they do show up full screen.
    I was looking for something not subscription based. I can't find On Demand, unless you're referring to something that part of Handmark Express or on Sprint. I have Verizon. Could you provide a link to On Demand?
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson54
    I was looking for something not subscription based. I can't find On Demand, unless you're referring to something that part of Handmark Express or on Sprint. I have Verizon. Could you provide a link to On Demand?
    On demand is included on the sprint 700P and is free.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Well on Verizon it's $6.99 month to get it. That sucks! Wait till Google comes out with their free version. Wonder if Vindigo works with 700p.
    does it say free? Is it part of the crazy EVDO TV/media/toothbrushing pack?
    Well on Verizon it's $6.99 month to get it. That sucks!
    Oh whoops, I wasn't aware VZW didn't provide it for free. Yeah, it's a really good app, I wonder if us Sprint users will be charged for it down the line.

You could install java and try to run kmaps.

does it say free? Is it part of the crazy EVDO TV/media/toothbrushing pack?
    Well, it (the version extracted from the 700p's ROM) runs fine on my Sprint 650, and I have an old-old-old Vision plan from 2002.

Crazy Stuff!
    Last edited by g-funkster; 05/29/2006 at 03:47 PM.
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Both Sprint and Verizon Treo 700P have Handmark Express in ROM. Basic functions are free, but you have to subscribe if you want to use features like Directory, Maps, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanguy
    Both Sprint and Verizon Treo 700P have Handmark Express in ROM. Basic functions are free, but you have to subscribe if you want to use features like Directory, Maps, etc
    d'oh yeah looks like those premium features are going to expire. Too bad, they're not getting my pocket change!

At least the auto-updating News channel doesn't look like it'll expire, which is what I like best about it.
    darkness... looks like ill just be firing up the EVDO and getting my google maps on O_x
    Ha ha ha... toothbrushing pack? - funny
    what can I say... without a Treo, I have nothing to do but be funny...
    Wonder if Vindigo works with 700p.
    I tried an Vindigo 2.x version and the 700 resets everytime I select it.

I may need to verify if there is a current version. Vindigo does not list version info prior to downloading and installing.
    Palm Pilot-->Palm III-->Palm IIIc-->Palm 505-->Palm 515-->Sprint Treo 600--> soon: Sprint Treo 700P
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Is there something wrong with KMaps?
    I think if you give it a shot you will be amazed.

I havenít found a better free mapping app on the Treo.

--opps just notices g-funkster already talked about it ---
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Is there something wrong with KMaps?
    I think if you give it a shot you will be amazed.

I havenít found a better free mapping app on the Treo.

--opps just notices g-funkster already talked about it ---
    Have you tried KMaps on the 700p? It's not giving me full screen maps.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    Have you tried KMaps on the 700p? It's not giving me full screen maps.
    Yes, I get full screen maps on my 700p.
    What are you seeing?
    The address text? You can turn that off
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    tom tom works also (palm navigation ) but it is about $200.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    The maps part is not free.
    Not to hijack a thread...but I got hit with the "subscription ending" message today from the On Demand greedware package and started another thread to try and create a short list of the best alternatives for the On Demand functionality.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    Kmaps works fine on the 700p and is actually quick and usable with EVDO speeds. Best mapping solution (next to TomTom) I've found so far for the 700.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast