Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I see various posts in different threads about lag times when pushing buttons or changing apps or views. If there is a general sense of a "slower" treo than the 650, that would be a major issue. Are many experiencing this, or are most out there feeling the 700P is at least as fast (if not faster) than the 650. Given the much larger dbCache, etc, I'd think this should not be an issue....
    It is slower in switiching between some apps and the same with others. I notice it most when switiching to the phone screen when I'm showing 7 rows of favorites. If I have the phone showing the dial pad, there is little delay. I suspect pulling the information and redrawing the screen takes more time when you are showing favorites.
    Maybe overclocking would help out some. Others do it with the 650 as was mentioned in another post here at tc.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    no overclock apps work on the 700p( i.e. warpspeed, pxaclocker) , can't wait 'till they do though.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    yes I reported this the first day - with apps installed and mapped to hard buttons such as Agendus and Chatter, switching between them is SLOWER than 650 - I am using a Vz Treo with 48mb memory available.

This is my one gripe with the 700p.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I had never tried pxa until this morning. I ran it with VFS Mark (on my 650) and my score jumped from 766 to 1238. That is one huge jump in speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    I had never tried pxa until this morning. I ran it with VFS Mark (on my 650) and my score jumped from 766 to 1238. That is one huge jump in speed.

can you please explain what that app is and how it works with the 700p?

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Wow. So all this talk about lack of memory on the 700w and I am going to have the same lag issues with the p?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    Wow. So all this talk about lack of memory on the 700w and I am going to have the same lag issues with the p?
    I think they might be saying there's lag when using hard buttons to switch apps (like the calendar and email buttons on the front of the treo).

Launching apps via the home launcher aren't delayed..I think..I mean, in the mobilitytoday video there didn't appear to be any delay when launching apps via home. Video
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    can you please explain what that app is and how it works with the 700p?

Thanks!
    pxa is an overclock utility for Palm. It supposedly does not work on the 700p yet though.