Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 77
  1.    #1  
    ...let's get going! I don't even HAVE my 700p yet, but I can tell you right now someone needs to get cracking on remapping that "home" key. Based on everything I've read here I've got to say...what a BONE-HEADED, BLUNDERING move on your part Palm! I don't generally subscribe to the "Palm screwed this, that, or the other thing up" theories, but this one was, in a word, stupid.
    Some wonderful developer needs to step in and save the day again. As always.


    Thanks.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  2.    #2  
    Oh, and if you agree let's hear it. Post something saying so to show there is a demand to the fine folks that have the talents to fix this.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  3. #3  
    ok, i missed this. what does the good key do on the 700p?
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

    Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
  4.    #4  
    Launches only the Palm home app. You cannot remap it to anything, like, for example Zlauncher, which renders Zlauncher almost useless.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  5. #5  
    Thats got to be sorted, come on guys we love our skins and launchers, can some one help us out and get working on it like they always do? To be honest its a bit of a backwards step on palm behalf.

    EDIT: I am mobile posting and Dr Doom with your signture it makes it very hard, could you please re-size it? Thanks
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  6. #6  
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  7. #7  
    Tyler/Sharky supposedly has an app ready to go that will remap the Menu button, but I don't know if that's all it does or if it allows for remapping other buttons as well. It won't be a problem for him to add that other functionality if needed. I'll work with him if needed.

    So the Home button can't be assigned to other functionality out of the box, huh? That's pretty weird. And I'm assuming that the red and green buttons can't either, right?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    Thats got to be sorted, come on guys we love our skins and launchers, can some one help us out and get working on it like they always do? To be honest its a bit of a backwards step on palm behalf.

    EDIT: I am mobile posting and Dr Doom with your signture it makes it very hard, could you please re-size it? Thanks
    Done, but, just for curiousity's sake, why was this making it hard for you? I've never noticed my sig (or anyone else's for that matter) even showing up in the mobile version of TC?
    Last edited by DrDoom; 05/29/2006 at 08:58 AM.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  9. #9  
    On using my palm as a moden and on my jvc mininote so am ion the full version of the site, and its got kind of a small screen, lol. Thanks you
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  10. #10  
    the app is called SharkBtn2 and lets you remap any button to any other button or function. it's ready to go, i just need to talk on AIM for like 20 minutes with ANYONE who has a 700p and doesn't mind running a test app for me.

    best regards, tyler
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    the app is called SharkBtn2 and lets you remap any button to any other button or function. it's ready to go, i just need to talk on AIM for like 20 minutes with ANYONE who has a 700p and doesn't mind running a test app for me.

    best regards, tyler
    Somebody get the man a Treo!!!!! STAT!!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  12. #12  
    Anyone with a 700p please help Tyler out with this. If I had mine in hand I'd be on now with you Tyler. I remember you had me do this with my tx because palm took the home icon off the status bar. Guys help him out, I need this app when I get my 700
    Jimmie Geddes
  13. #13  
    some info: SharkBtn2 from ludustech pre-beta specs

    -allows you to remap any button/button combination (hardkeys, treo keyboard, option+keys (even option + home or option + menu)) to do anything else (simulate another key press event, launch an app, write a new SMS, dial your friend, open a URL, pull up the CmdBar, which is by default impossible on the Treo)

    -uses ARM native code and adds no time difference to system speed. none at all. seriously. you won't even notice it, but it's there in the background. and it helps. a lot.

    -i learned a lot from SharkBtn 1. the code for handling keypresses has gone from 140 lines in the first iteration to about 35 in this one. MUCH more efficient, much stabler, and it just works.

    -i'm working on adding in a feature that lets you import/export button configs to share online.

    so, anyone who contacts me will get a free version of SharkBtn2, a credit in the about screen, and a chance to help millions of treo users world-wide...

    best regards, tyler
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Anyone with a 700p please help Tyler out with this. If I had mine in hand I'd be on now with you Tyler. I remember you had me do this with my tx because palm took the home icon off the status bar. Guys help him out, I need this app when I get my 700
    ...help Tyler out anyway.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    some info: SharkBtn2 from ludustech pre-beta specs

    -allows you to remap any button/button combination (hardkeys, treo keyboard, option+keys (even option + home or option + menu)) to do anything else (simulate another key press event, launch an app, write a new SMS, dial your friend, open a URL, pull up the CmdBar, which is by default impossible on the Treo)

    -uses ARM native code and adds no time difference to system speed. none at all. seriously. you won't even notice it, but it's there in the background. and it helps. a lot.

    -i learned a lot from SharkBtn 1. the code for handling keypresses has gone from 140 lines in the first iteration to about 35 in this one. MUCH more efficient, much stabler, and it just works.

    -i'm working on adding in a feature that lets you import/export button configs to share online.

    so, anyone who contacts me will get a free version of SharkBtn2, a credit in the about screen, and a chance to help millions of treo users world-wide...

    best regards, tyler
    Why don't I have a Treo 700p yet??????
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  16. dcpmark's Avatar
    Posts
    560 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    #16  
    I'm glad to help! PM coming.
  17. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    I'm glad to help! PM coming.
    Here he comes to save......... You know the rest.
  18. #18  
    email sent, now we can get somewhere! thanks dcpmark!
  19. #19  
    Wow, you guys work fast, this is great news the problems with the 700p are being fixed beofre i even have one!
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  20. #20  
    I love you guys. Seriously this is the one thing I was missing with my 700w. It seems like you sit around and wait for some uninvlolved company to slowly (if ever) create a solution on Windows Mobile. With PalmOS the solutions have always been quick and they have almost always come from guys like Tyler that actually come into the forums, hear the complaints first hand, create solutions to address those specific complaints, and then stick around to hear the feedback on the solution. I really do love it. I just hope Chattermail will work to push mail from my exchange server.

    Thanks Tyler!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions